Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Who do I drop? A couple of questions in one. WHIR


andy1234
 Share

Recommended Posts

Team Below. I have Torres off the DL but I have been struggling with who to drop. I am leaning towards Conforto, but I am hoping that he has a strong 2nd half and has looked good the last couple of games. So my questions are as follow:

 

1) Who do I drop for Torres at the moment?

2) I have more players waiting to come off the DL eventually. Who would you say are my 4 most dropable players?

3) I am sitting in 2nd in my division, 5th overall. At a glance, where do you think I could improve?

4) To tack on to question #3, I hate dropping players that probably shouldn't be on the WW. Do you think there are any players that I should pack for a position of need?

5) Although Profar has held down the fort for me since Donaldson went down, there are a few possible 3B available I am considering. Longo, Franco, and Brian Anderson are all available. Would any of them be an upgrade over Profar?

 

 

 

12 Team League, Start 2 SP, 3 RP

Batting Categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, E, AVG, OFA

Pitching Categories: W, K, ERA, H/9, BB/9, BSV, SV+H

C: Perez

1B: Goldie

2B: Murphy

3B: Profar

SS: Lindor

OF: Pollock, Benitendi, Pham

UTL: Kemp, Soto

Bench: Moncada, Conforto

DL: Donaldson, Torres, Ramos

SP: G. Cole, Price, Carrassco, Darvish (DL)

RP: Boxberger, Kela, Yates, Gsellman

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey - ok let’s go thru the question so:

 

1) Cut Conforto

2) Conforto, Gsellman, Ramos when he returns because you have Sal, Kela 

3) try to move Kela and Price for a more reliable SP. kela might get traded anytime 

4) Not sure I understand the question here

5) keep Profar TIL Donaldson returns

 

Good luck!!

T

 

PS - help with this offer? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1- Might drop Moncada with Torres back you have quite a few 2B
2- Maybe Gsellman who doesn't have great numbers, Perez as I'd prefer Ramos at C. After that it's tough, not sure how many RP's you really need if another of them is an option. I'd see waht Pham/Conforto do time being until someone else comes off the DL, and drop which OF isn't doing much. Not sure I've bought into Conforto having a big 2nd half although he's been better lately I still prefer Pham. 
3- SP would be where I'd try to improve, especially with so many bats and more on the DL.Seem like you're thin in SP. 
4- I might shop Carrasco or Price with a bat or two maybe, try to get yourself a SP upgrade. 
5- Profar he's been ok, the multi position is nice, but I'd probably drop him for whichever 3B is hitting best at the moment. I kind of like the consistency of Anderson right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, thebear said:

Hey - ok let’s go thru the question so:

 

1) Cut Conforto

2) Conforto, Gsellman, Ramos when he returns because you have Sal, Kela 

3) try to move Kela and Price for a more reliable SP. kela might get traded anytime 

4) Not sure I understand the question here

5) keep Profar TIL Donaldson returns

 

Good luck!!

T

 

PS - help with this offer? 

 

 

My bad. What I meant by #4 was if there are any players you see on my team that I could package for an upgrade. As @tonywow and you said, I need to upgrade SP and I agree.

 

19 minutes ago, tonywow said:

1- Might drop Moncada with Torres back you have quite a few 2B
2- Maybe Gsellman who doesn't have great numbers, Perez as I'd prefer Ramos at C. After that it's tough, not sure how many RP's you really need if another of them is an option. I'd see waht Pham/Conforto do time being until someone else comes off the DL, and drop which OF isn't doing much. Not sure I've bought into Conforto having a big 2nd half although he's been better lately I still prefer Pham. 
3- SP would be where I'd try to improve, especially with so many bats and more on the DL.Seem like you're thin in SP. 
4- I might shop Carrasco or Price with a bat or two maybe, try to get yourself a SP upgrade. 
5- Profar he's been ok, the multi position is nice, but I'd probably drop him for whichever 3B is hitting best at the moment. I kind of like the consistency of Anderson right now. 

 

I do not need that many RPs since we can only start 3 but I like having at least one SP/RP so I can play 4-5 at a time when I don't have a SP going. We can also only start 2 SP which is why I didn't overload on the arms draft day but I am starting to regret it. I was able to get Carrassco (and Murphy) when he was underperforming for Gallo and Schoop (desperate for HR).

 

Any names you think I should target given the state of my roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could go for the hail Mary and kick the tires on Kluber, see if his owner would sell lower than usual with his struggles. Someone like Skaggs has pitched great and might cost much less, could be a decent target. Maybe toss an offer out for Bumgarner who hasn't been that great since coming off the DL, but likely improves sooner than later. Just to name a few of many who are out there. 

 

Got any decent FA SP's hanging around ?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, andy1234 said:

Team Below. I have Torres off the DL but I have been struggling with who to drop. I am leaning towards Conforto, but I am hoping that he has a strong 2nd half and has looked good the last couple of games. So my questions are as follow:

 

1) Who do I drop for Torres at the moment?

2) I have more players waiting to come off the DL eventually. Who would you say are my 4 most dropable players?

3) I am sitting in 2nd in my division, 5th overall. At a glance, where do you think I could improve?

4) To tack on to question #3, I hate dropping players that probably shouldn't be on the WW. Do you think there are any players that I should pack for a position of need?

5) Although Profar has held down the fort for me since Donaldson went down, there are a few possible 3B available I am considering. Longo, Franco, and Brian Anderson are all available. Would any of them be an upgrade over Profar?

 

 

 

12 Team League, Start 2 SP, 3 RP

Batting Categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, E, AVG, OFA

Pitching Categories: W, K, ERA, H/9, BB/9, BSV, SV+H

C: Perez

1B: Goldie

2B: Murphy

3B: Profar

SS: Lindor

OF: Pollock, Benitendi, Pham

UTL: Kemp, Soto

Bench: Moncada, Conforto

DL: Donaldson, Torres, Ramos

SP: G. Cole, Price, Carrassco, Darvish (DL)

RP: Boxberger, Kela, Yates, Gsellman

1 Cut Conforto

2 Moncada Conforto Gsellman Ramos

3 catcher SP

4 Perhaps try to move Price and Kemp for either a catcher ot Pitcher

 

5 Anderson is definitely an improvement.

 

 Hope that helps.

 

Thank you with mine

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2018 at 8:39 PM, tonywow said:

You could go for the hail Mary and kick the tires on Kluber, see if his owner would sell lower than usual with his struggles. Someone like Skaggs has pitched great and might cost much less, could be a decent target. Maybe toss an offer out for Bumgarner who hasn't been that great since coming off the DL, but likely improves sooner than later. Just to name a few of many who are out there. 

 

Got any decent FA SP's hanging around ?

 

No one I’m crazy about. Gonzales, Sanchez, Flaherty, Hill and then underperformers like Castillo and Weaver.

20 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

If franco is available,get.him now! 

 

I doubt it but any possibility the Cabrera move cuts into Franco’s time? He’s been killing it as of late but I cant help but feel as if Cabrera will see more time at 3rd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...