NBC Sports EDGE Forums

LaMarcus Aldridge 2018-2019 Season Outlook

hoopking

Started the season very well. He has struggled while key players around him have gotten injured and out. They lost Murray, Gay was hurt, and Gasol out. These guys are just a system that needs to play together. Gay is back already, White is back. 

Aldridge will be fine.

4 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Still a buy low candidate.

I'm looking at that, but there is a distinct chance that the spacing on this team is really starting to kill them. The honey-moon is over of DD on the team and teams will have done their scouting now. There just isn't much space for LMA. I'm sure he bounces back a bit, but I'm not sure how much I want to offer for this guy. This is kinda what I expected from the Spurs this year. Spacing issues and poor defense with DeMar-LMA combo. They need Bryn out there for spacing, but he is a terrible defender. If they bring in Mills the defense gets even worse and White is unproven at this level and so far looks shakey. I said before the season (even before Murray went down) this team isn't amking the playoffs...starting to look more likely at the moment. DeRozan is EVERYTHING for the Spurs right now, but that's not really sustainable. I mean I want to buy low on LMA, but I'm real hesitant...

Edited by Jake the snake

1 minute ago, Jake the snake said:

I'm looking at that, but there is a distinct chance that the spacing on this team is really starting to kill them. The honey-moon is over of DD on the team and teams will have done their scouting now. There just isn't much space for LMA. I'm sure he bounces back a bit, but I'm not sure how much I want to offer for this guy. This is kinda what I expected from the Spurs this year. Spacing issues and poor defense with DeMar-LMA combo. They need Bryn out there for spacing, but he is a terrible defender. If they bring in Mills the defense gets even worse and White is unproven at this level and so far looks shakey. I said before the season (even before Murray went down) this team isn't amking the playoffs...starting to look more likely at the moment. DeRozan is EVERYTHING for the Spurs right now, but that's not really sustainable. I mean I want to buy low on LMA, but I'm real hesitant...

That is true.. but he is still taking 15 shots and is taking a ridiculous amount of rebounds. If his shot does go in, then you have yourself a quality player. I just think its worth the risk.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Two of the best midrange shooters in the NBA modern era of 3s:lol:

On 16/11/2018 at 5:25 PM, j3rkthenurk said:

That is true.. but he is still taking 15 shots and is taking a ridiculous amount of rebounds. If his shot does go in, then you have yourself a quality player. I just think its worth the risk.

A big IF his shots goes in, but 2/11 fg? He needs to find his rhythm or Derozan trade will be for nothing.

That's why if you get a jumpshooting big, better make sure he goes all the way out to the 3pt line or the risk-reward is skewed towards the downside. I'm still a firm believer that LA will right the ship, though he needs a couple of 60% FG% games to bring his averages up to last year. 45% should be more than enough.

Edited by ellejamil

As a Spurs fan, its been frustrating owning LMA this year. His shot is so off at the moment :( As a fantasy player, there is not much we can do other than hold out and wait for his shot to start to fall. You're unlikely to get value for him in a trade.

At least he is still putting up over 16 shots a game so he is getting the looks, and he has shown on nights when he is on, he is on. Just needs some good consistency