NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Brandon Ingram 2018-19 Outlook

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict Ingram gets traded this year.  He's destined to be a top 20 player in the league, but I think he's still a few years away.  Lebron and Magic should realize this, and consider the return they could get for the Lakers to win right now.  The team looked great last night, and Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, Lebron, Kuzma, and McGee is their best starting line up.  I'd like to see the Lakers upgrade at PF/C or Guard, though.  If Kemba Walker can be had, to share the backcourt with Lonzo, and take on the number 2 scoring responsibility, they should jump on it.

Kemba

Ball

Lebron

Kuzma

Mcgee

with Hart as their 6th man, and Stephenson to come in to spark the energy, this Lakers team could be a real contendor.  Rondo can get the boot with Kemba in town.

I've traded Ingram but if I owned him, I'd be happy to see him traded to a team that he can become the prime focus of, and the future star.  

• Like 2

I agree with above. Ingram should either be coming off bench or traded. I feel Kuzma is better fit and goes more in flow with the offense with what Walton wants as far as the fit with Lebron. Ingram can be great, but when watching him, he sometimes looks a bit stiff and unsure of his decisions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HulkSmash said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict Ingram gets traded this year.  He's destined to be a top 20 player in the league, but I think he's still a few years away.  Lebron and Magic should realize this, and consider the return they could get for the Lakers to win right now.  The team looked great last night, and Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, Lebron, Kuzma, and McGee is their best starting line up.  I'd like to see the Lakers upgrade at PF/C or Guard, though.  If Kemba Walker can be had, to share the backcourt with Lonzo, and take on the number 2 scoring responsibility, they should jump on it.

Kemba

Ball

Lebron

Kuzma

Mcgee

with Hart as their 6th man, and Stephenson to come in to spark the energy, this Lakers team could be a real contendor.  Rondo can get the boot with Kemba in town.

I've traded Ingram but if I owned him, I'd be happy to see him traded to a team that he can become the prime focus of, and the future star.  

wow that would be a TERRIBLE trade! 

hart is already better starting for the lakers than kemba would be and ingram is only 21 years old with unlimited ceiling. 

no way Lakers sacrifice their entire future for the last couple good years lebron has left. 

Edited by COBBLEPOT

32 minutes ago, brosephd said:

ingram has the traits to be good however he's not consistent with his jump shots or floor spacing. he should be a beast cutting more however it does seem like kuz is a better fit next to lebron. ingram although won't happen, should be a beast as a 6th man. 

Kuzma has a great offensive arsenal

but Ingram is far better all around 

he was consistent with his shot last year (47% from the field, 39% from three)

kuzma is more aggressive on the attack though. That’s something I would like to see more from Ingram. 

55 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

Kuzma has a great offensive arsenal

but Ingram is far better all around 

he was consistent with his shot last year (47% from the field, 39% from three)

kuzma is more aggressive on the attack though. That’s something I would like to see more from Ingram. 

i usually see ingram drive right. recently i feel like he maybe settles for jumpers more but i would like he to be more aggressive driving any direction and cutting. pretty much just creating mismatch for defenses with his length and then hit the jumper if they don't respect it. 

27 minutes ago, brosephd said:

i usually see ingram drive right. recently i feel like he maybe settles for jumpers more but i would like he to be more aggressive driving any direction and cutting. pretty much just creating mismatch for defenses with his length and then hit the jumper if they don't respect it. 

yea, he’s still developing parts of his game.. but when he plays with assertiveness, he’s incredible. 

On 10/30/2018 at 11:22 AM, RedRaider27 said:

I've said it for years, he's a stud. Whever he ends up he will put up numbers and be good. 

Why does it seem like he should be doing more than he is in the counting stats. Man, if he was defensive minded, watch out. 

35 minutes ago, shaolincage said:

Cavs were 4-6 within the first 10 games last year and the managed to turn it around. Lebron is about to whip these guys in shape.

The difference is Lebron was playing with Veterans who were hungry. This Lakers team consist of a young core who is used to losing, and are an inconsistent bunch, minus the few veterans who have been shopped around the league (Rondo, Stephenson, McGee)

4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

The difference is Lebron was playing with Veterans who were hungry. This Lakers team consist of a young core who is used to losing, and are an inconsistent bunch, minus the few veterans who have been shopped around the league (Rondo, Stephenson, McGee)

I really wouldn’t call guys like JR Smith and TT as “hungry”. I mean look at em now. They look “hungry” to you? Honestly he might have better teamates now than last year.

2 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

I really wouldn’t call guys like JR Smith and TT as “hungry”. I mean look at em now. They look “hungry” to you? Honestly he might have better teamates now than last year.

This is true. I meant in the context of the original post of “they went 4-6” last year. Coming from a championship lost to the GSW, they wanted to get back in comparison to this Lakers team who have been used to losing for 3 years straight. Of course I would rather Kuzma & Ingram than Smith & TT, but their experience and their IQ (besides Smith mess up in the finals) are higher at the moment than Kuzma/Ingram

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cozie said:

These are the type of stat lines I would like to see Ingram put up more consistently. Nice game tonight. 

Hell yeah 1-1-1 line is fun to jerk off to.

20 - 5 - 6, 1 stl 2 blks 2 3pt

Ball, Lebron and Ingram handling the ball fits Lakers more, not Rondo.

Rondo belongs to the museum. 

Edited by csklmf