NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jabari Parker 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's ranked 439th out of 451 players in RPM. he also has a negative WS/48. He literally is one of the worst players in the league. he can get buckets but his complete lack of ability on the defensive

Is that you Mrs Rubio??

Live look in at Hammurabi HQ  

Posted Images

The problem with chicago bull is their medical team they always have injury prone players its really scary to draft a player from this team remember what happened to derrick rose, they were really incompetent in medicine and health. And jabari is like one of the softest and most fragile body in NBA have you seen how his legs wiggle every time he jump and run down the court its like a marshmallow!!! can this guy even play minimum number of 30 games?

Healthy Jabari though is like 7th round in my value because he cant do anything aside from scoring no other stats. And chicago has too many mouths to blowjab for this season they have dunn-lavine-carter-markkanen 3 of those 4 players are chuckers and will take up at least 70 shots per game of the whole team what would be left for parker? and remember denzel valentine is a highly touted prospect for bulls because of getting perfect 10/10 score in leadership category of nbadraft.net and he plays same position with parker so they might split minutes. Best round to pick him is 7 and below for standard leagues

Edited by chopper
  • Haha 3

^Was that comment real life lol, not that your assessment is wrong your verbiage is just really funny.

The nice thing about Jabari, is that probably his asking price on draft day will be really low. I'd scoop him in the 9th or 10th round and take that risk all day. 

• Haha 1

The average fantasy managers love affair with PTS is well known and for that reason I think he will get over drafted.  But if he fell to me pick 100 or later (not likely) I would take a chance on him, especially because at that point in the draft you are looking for lotto tickets and he could be that. But more than likely someone will take him in the middle rounds; won't be me.

• Like 2
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:39 PM, greatestmetfan said:

^Was that comment real life lol, not that your assessment is wrong your verbiage is just really funny.

The nice thing about Jabari, is that probably his asking price on draft day will be really low. I'd scoop him in the 9th or 10th round and take that risk all day. 

That comment made me read through that guys previous posts from years, not only has he been pretty accurate with his predictions throughout the years all his comments are written in the overdramatic-screaming-Asian nonsense style that one was hahah :lol:

Edited by JaydensGuys
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I don’t understand some of these comments. Jabari was posting top 55 value before his nasty injury two years ago. Will he reach near that level again? Will he even be the same player after two serious knee injuries? I doubt it. But for where he’s being drafted (currently ranked 114 on Yahoo), Jabari might be a steal on draft day.

What he brings to the table is pretty simple: good scoring with strong FG% (Jabari hasn’t shot lower than 49 FG% in a while) Add on 1

3PM, 6.5 boards, 2.5 assists, 1.5 stocks and low TOs for good measure. This is SOLID for a pick after 100. For context, Carmelo is ranked 116 on Yahoo. Who are you going for in that range? I know my answer.

Definitely saved his line in the second half / garbage time. Was looking extremely grim there for a moment. Hopefully he gets his head right and starts playing defense and earning himself more minutes. He's gonna have to come out with that killer instinct and bring it cause he's sort of in the doghouse right now.

I'm the biggest Jabari parker fan, but he definitely needs more energy/intensity out there. He looks lethargic out there. I don't see intensity in his facial expressions. I wish more than anything he would get motivated, angry fight for a few rebounds bully people down-low. Something. He was standing in the corner way too much. And Bobby Portis energy right now is the antithesis of what I see from Jabari. Breaks my heart. He was doing so good that year before the second ACL injury. He is still young and can turn it around, but right now it's mental for him.

2 hours ago, Jonathanc5 said:

does he look out of shape to you?

Does to me... I would give him a few weeks to see if his conditioning improves and he can work his way out of the doghouse. He looks to be forcing things a bit, which is double trouble when you are one of the least athletic guys on the court. Needs to use his remaining offensive talent to get points on missed assignments (which happened at least 2-3 times for dunks last night and saved his line) and just allow for what the defense gives him in general for open shots or maybe posting up smaller guys. 

Lauri's return could be the end of any value for him if he doesn't improve.