NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jabari Parker 2018-2019 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

No, but I think its funny yall think Jabari is going to get on the jazz and be somebody.  They have DMitch, Rubio, Ingles, lots of SF PF such as Korver, Crowder, so I just dont see it.  Maybe he can get 20 min off the bench.

do you see the number he puts up in only 20 minutes??? pretty good actually

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's ranked 439th out of 451 players in RPM. he also has a negative WS/48. He literally is one of the worst players in the league. he can get buckets but his complete lack of ability on the defensive

Is that you Mrs Rubio??

Live look in at Hammurabi HQ  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

No, but I think its funny yall think Jabari is going to get on the jazz and be somebody.  They have DMitch, Rubio, Ingles, lots of SF PF such as Korver, Crowder, so I just dont see it.  Maybe he can get 20 min off the bench.

I agree with this. Way 2 much depth on the Jazz for me. I don’t want Jabari going to the Jazz. Maybe he knows something we don’t which is y he is interested in playing there. But from the outside looking in, Its not an ideal spot for him. 

1 minute ago, lacit1707 said:

do you see the number he puts up in only 20 minutes??? pretty good actually

I’d be more concerned about his usage on the Jazz. Jingles, Mitchell and Rubio dominate the Ball in Utah. 

12 hours ago, flat_eric said:

I've long thought the Jazz would be the most ideal landing spot for Jabari both in fantasy terms and real life. 

Sorta puzzled whenever someone mentions this--their pace isn't great for Jabari, they've got no PG currently for Jabari to receive passes from, and unless Favors/Crowder is included in the deal, Jabari's going to be in a timeshare.  

3 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

Not a fan of him IRL by any stretch as he's not a great player. However, the notion that he doesn't have valuable fantasy upside is false.  The last time Parker was fully healthy (2015-2016) he was a top-55 player who averaged 20.1 PPG, 1.3 3PG, 6.2 RPG, 2.8 APG, and 1.0 SPG on 49% shooting. Don't know that he'll ever get back to those levels but it wasn't too long ago. The upside is definitely there.

Yeah, this is what I'm hoping for too, though the pace with the Bucks was much better, and since I'm assuming that was a typo (those stats were his 2016-2017 season two years ago), Middleton was out for most of the season, meaning Jabari ate well.  As stated earlier, might be more difficult in a crowded frontcourt with the Jazz if he goes there.

25 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

He can score big at times he is just unselfish.

and yea, he can go off for 28 or whatever randomly but no one drafted him for that becuase we all know damn well who he is.... he's unselfish becuase hes a pass first PG..no idea what exactly you are trying to say here....

we see games where he blows up becuase hes playing off the ball more and when hes scoring like that, is when his shot is actually falling....hes still only averaging under 13 ppg

Edited by lacit1707
1 hour ago, MWon said:

Sorta puzzled whenever someone mentions this--their pace isn't great for Jabari, they've got no PG currently for Jabari to receive passes from, and unless Favors/Crowder is included in the deal, Jabari's going to be in a timeshare.  

The rumored deal revolves around Parker for Favors. If the trade goes through, I think it'd be

Rubio

Mitchell

Ingles

Parker

Gobert

Rubio is mainly a passer, and Gobert isn't a ball hog. Parker would easily be the 3rd option at least, maybe 2nd. Plus, it looks like they play better when Mitchell's the PG, and there were trade rumors around Rubio.

34 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

The rumored deal revolves around Parker for Favors. If the trade goes through, I think it'd be

Rubio

Mitchell

Ingles

Parker

Gobert

Rubio is mainly a passer, and Gobert isn't a ball hog. Parker would easily be the 3rd option at least, maybe 2nd. Plus, it looks like they play better when Mitchell's the PG, and there were trade rumors around Rubio.

I don’t think the Jazz are a likely destination.

The Jazz run a motion heavy offense that devalues isolation type basketball. I think someone like Jabari would have a very difficult time in this offense as he is not a spot up shooter and he doesn’t strike me a as being a great cutter off the ball.

Apart from that Snyder is known to emphasize defense and Jabari admits that he doesn’t even though to defend. 

The Jazz have also come out and said they have had no contact with Chicago about a trade. 

Edited by Purple Hippo
3 hours ago, MWon said:

Yeah, this is what I'm hoping for too, though the pace with the Bucks was much better, and since I'm assuming that was a typo (those stats were his 2016-2017 season two years ago), Middleton was out for most of the season, meaning Jabari ate well.  As stated earlier, might be more difficult in a crowded frontcourt with the Jazz if he goes there.

Their pace is more favourable than the Bulls, who have the lowest rated offense in the league. They have two point guards who are good facilitators (Rubio and Neto) and two combo guards who can also facilitate (Mitchell and Exum) - it seems to work out alright for Gobert. And yes I'd expect them to include Favors in any deal for Jabari (defense for offense) for salary matching. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, flat_eric said:

Their pace is more favourable than the Bulls, who have the lowest rated offense in the league. They have two point guards who are good facilitators (Rubio and Neto) and two combo guards who can also facilitate (Mitchell and Exum) - it seems to work out alright for Gobert. And yes I'd expect them to include Favors in any deal for Jabari (defense for offense) for salary matching. 

Well, I'm not comparing Bulls to the Jazz...the former is absolutely terrible for Jabari since there's not really any defense there to cover Jabari, and their guards rarely pass (Dunn's probably the only exception).  That and well, the Bulls are just garbage.  

As for the Jazz themselves, I agree with you--they've got very willing passers since Rubio and Ingles love to dish, and I suppose now that Mitch is the de facto PG, he'll be passing for another week or so.  Yeah, i'd have hoped they'd move one of Crowder/Favors.  

It's incredibly tempting to bite on Jabari already and I'm ready to drop Knox for him, lol.  I know his numbers are inflated with WCJ being out and the Bulls losing and/or getting blown out, but his efficiency in limited minutes is remarkable and even if he doesn't play defense, he'll still score.  Also helps that if he DOES go to the Jazz, their playoff schedule is a 4/4/3 (Wk 22-24).

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, MWon said:

Well, I'm not comparing Bulls to the Jazz...the former is absolutely terrible for Jabari since there's not really any defense there to cover Jabari, and their guards rarely pass (Dunn's probably the only exception).  That and well, the Bulls are just garbage.  

As for the Jazz themselves, I agree with you--they've got very willing passers since Rubio and Ingles love to dish, and I suppose now that Mitch is the de facto PG, he'll be passing for another week or so.  Yeah, i'd have hoped they'd move one of Crowder/Favors.  

It's incredibly tempting to bite on Jabari already and I'm ready to drop Knox for him, lol.  I know his numbers are inflated with WCJ being out and the Bulls losing and/or getting blown out, but his efficiency in limited minutes is remarkable and even if he doesn't play defense, he'll still score.  Also helps that if he DOES go to the Jazz, their playoff schedule is a 4/4/3 (Wk 22-24).

What... I wouldn't drop Knox lol. He'll balling. IDK why Boylen doesn't start Parker. Parker's way better on offense and Portis sucks on defense as much as Parker. 

11 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

What... I wouldn't drop Knox lol. He'll balling. IDK why Boylen doesn't start Parker. Parker's way better on offense and Portis sucks on defense as much as Parker. 

Not a Knox owner, huh?  Not to derail the thread (since we already had a Rubio digression), but he's been outside of the Top 200 for the last week, the last month, and obviously, the season.  Unless you're punting two efficiency cats, don't expect stocks or assists, and can accept duds, it's much easier to just find a hot FA.

Boylen...well, he's crazy.  His extension is one of the sillier happenings in the league.  Also, where would you start Jabari?  He slots into the PF position since he hates SF, and Lauri pretty much only plays PF, so Jabari's his strict backup.  That and Hutch actually hustles at SF...mind you, that's also the difference between Jabari and Portis (among other things), which is that while Portis has no defense, but he hustles like crazy on offense.

On that segue, what do y'all think about the Knicks getting him?  There were a few rumors that he'd be a part of a three team deal with the Knicks and Kings to get Kanter to the Kings, Zbo/KK/Frank N to the Bulls, and Jabari to the Knicks.  As a Vonleh owner, I'm not thrilled, but I suppose since Knicks don't play defense anyway, I guess they could do worse, lol.

Edited by MWon
51 minutes ago, MWon said:

Not a Knox owner, huh?  Not to derail the thread (since we already had a Rubio digression), but he's been outside of the Top 200 for the last week, the last month, and obviously, the season.  Unless you're punting two efficiency cats, don't expect stocks or assists, and can accept duds, it's much easier to just find a hot FA.

Boylen...well, he's crazy.  His extension is one of the sillier happenings in the league.  Also, where would you start Jabari?  He slots into the PF position since he hates SF, and Lauri pretty much only plays PF, so Jabari's his strict backup.  That and Hutch actually hustles at SF...mind you, that's also the difference between Jabari and Portis (among other things), which is that while Portis has no defense, but he hustles like crazy on offense.

On that segue, what do y'all think about the Knicks getting him?  There were a few rumors that he'd be a part of a three team deal with the Knicks and Kings to get Kanter to the Kings, Zbo/KK/Frank N to the Bulls, and Jabari to the Knicks.  As a Vonleh owner, I'm not thrilled, but I suppose since Knicks don't play defense anyway, I guess they could do worse, lol.

As a Vonleh owner I wouldn't like it. It would bring him and/or Parker down down. 

Markkanen was on Jokic today. He plays center on on occasion. Parker could play alongside him. Portis may hustle on offense but still sucks. Watching Parker these last few games, you can see how smooth and easy it is for him to score.

3 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

What are we thinking his value would be as a Knick?  Rotoworld says not worth the stash and I kind of agree but the upside is there for sure. I'm just afraid of the Fizdale minute situation. 

With the recent injury I'm almost ready to drop him, but with the deadline fast approaching I'm tempted to wait and see how things shake out. If the Knicks can find a home for Kanter I think Jabari's value should be there. He'd be pretty solid next to Mitchell, and it would just be a fight with Vonleh in terms of minutes.

Man, considering the bad rap he gets in a general sense, Jabari Parker seems to be pretty damn consistent this season, even with limited minutes.  I'm thinking about picking him up hoping he continues to play 20+ on the Bulls from here on out or until he gets traded to a (hopefully) better situation that entails more usage.  He's good, and he's still only 23.

• Like 1
On 1/23/2019 at 7:01 PM, flat_eric said:

With the recent injury I'm almost ready to drop him, but with the deadline fast approaching I'm tempted to wait and see how things shake out. If the Knicks can find a home for Kanter I think Jabari's value should be there. He'd be pretty solid next to Mitchell, and it would just be a fight with Vonleh in terms of minutes.

If he goes to the Knicks, he should have some decent value.  I honestly think he'd be pretty good off the bench alongside a 5 like Mitch Rob--he had quite a few nice passes tonight and was surprisingly willing to share the ball, and Mitch Rob can cover for him defensively (well, sorta).  We're also assuming that Vonleh stays put in that situation, and the Knicks might simply trade him too.  

59 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

Man, considering the bad rap he gets in a general sense, Jabari Parker seems to be pretty damn consistent this season, even with limited minutes.  I'm thinking about picking him up hoping he continues to play 20+ on the Bulls from here on out or until he gets traded to a (hopefully) better situation that entails more usage.  He's good, and he's still only 23.

Yeah, the minutes obviously suck, but he's a fair stash, given that he's producing even then, so it's much easier to wait for the trade deadline in a few weeks.  I'm laughing at the Rotoworld blurbs because if he DOES get traded, most teams would salivate over having such a productive scorer, even despite his defensive limitations, and once that happens, it'll be far too late to add him as I'm predicting Rotoworld will recommend (the point of stashes is to HOLD them, haha).

Also, they've been saying to hold Jonathan Isaac for this long.  In a vacuum right now, I'm still much higher on Parker.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Tyboogie said:

All these injuries are piling up, worth a pickup until trade deadline. He should be in the upper 30s if lavine miss extended time and Hutchinson out for a while

The Lavine injury has zero to do with his PT. If Markinnan or Hutch miss time than that’s a positive. 

Just now, chud12 said:

The Lavine injury has zero to do with his PT. If Markinnan or Hutch miss time than that’s a positive. 

It kinda does bc lavine is a high usage player, they gonna need more scoring if he’s out reguardless, only Jabari can provide that extra boost, markaneen n portis already jacking up too many shots

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Tyboogie said:

It kinda does bc lavine is a high usage player, they gonna need more scoring if he’s out reguardless, only Jabari can provide that extra boost, markaneen n portis already jacking up too many shots

Will Boylan actually commit to Jabari and give him run?  Don’t underestimate how bad of a coach he is. And Lavine’s injury sounds very short term atm. 

So not only is he sounding like a good stash concerning a potential trade, but he's even looking like a good overall add considering the injury updates, particularly regarding Hutchinson, who may be out for a good chunk of time.  I'm going to assume that the Markkanen injury isn't bad, and perhaps not the Lavine one either, but they won't take any chances with them, especially with the tank.  Ya know what, fellas?  I think I'm on board.  I just wish I knew if my future self would be laughing at me in disappointment or commending me for the mid-season waiver pick-up of the year.

• Like 1