NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cordarrelle Patterson 2018 Outlook

31 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

He’ll probably go undrafted in a large portion of leagues. Fool me once...

yep, i would tend to agree 100%, buuuuuuuuut ...

14 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

If he was on any team other than NE, I wouldn’t care.

that will be the linchpin sentiment that will see him snagged more often than not. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think what we're looking at here is the NFL's 1st ever player to have 1,000 receiving yards, 1,000 rushing yards, 1,000 kick return yards, and 1,000 punt return yards all in the same season.  IDK ab

... and they'll insert him into their lineups due to a juicy matchup and he'll go 1/7/0.  

That's not really how it works though. Yes, Brady is far and away the best QB Patterson will ever play with but Brady won't necessarily be able to throw Patterson open. It's still up to Patterson to g

Posted Images

4 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Good read. Just moved him up my "high flyers" rankings. 

There's 23 I want and only 3 of them I will own. I sure hope that I choose correctly this year. 

• Haha 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Cordarrelle Patterson 2018 Outlook

Here is the current Patriots WR corp

1. Hogan 

2. Suspended Edelman

3. Eric Decker, struggling daily with drops 

4. Britt, who’s been in/out of practice for months with a hamstring injury 

5. Philip Dorsett - bust 

Remove Edelman for a month, his path to a significant role is fairly clear. Apparently he’s put in the extra work (route running/footwork/separation) which, in theory, should allow him to convert his incredible athletic ability into a legit NFL WR.

He should be at least rostered in 12+ team leagues to see how it shakes out. He’s been “lights out” all camp 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
  • Like 1

@ 30 seconds ... a blade or 2 of grass from ripping off a huge TD.

He is a legit threat to score every time he touches the ball ... and I fully expect NE to find ways to do so - at least while Edelman is out. This passing game is Gronk, Hogan, and then up for grabs. 

If Patterson really has put in the work, Sky is the limit 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Here is the current Patriots WR corp

1. Hogan 

2. Suspended Edelman

3. Eric Decker, struggling daily with drops 

4. Britt, who’s been in/out of practice for months with a hamstring injury 

5. Philip Dorsett - bust 

Remove Edelman for a month, his path to a significant role is fairly clear. Apparently he’s put in the extra work (route running/footwork/separation) which, in theory, should allow him to convert his incredible athletic ability into a legit NFL WR.

He should be at least rostered in 12+ team leagues to see how it shakes out. He’s been “lights out” all camp 

I also believe that their 3rd receiving option outside of Hogan and Gronk, that will eat up an substantial amount of the target share in the absence of Edelman will be James White. Last year, they used Burkhead and White on the field together with one splitting out on occasion.

I think it's still a wait and see with Patterson. I think they will design plays to get him into space which will be good for the Pats but horribly inconsistent for fantasy. 3rd preseason game normally says a lot.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I also believe that their 3rd receiving option outside of Hogan and Gronk, that will eat up an substantial amount of the target share in the absence of Edelman will be James White. Last year, they used Burkhead and White on the field together with one splitting out on occasion.

I think it's still a wait and see with Patterson. I think they will design plays to get him into space which will be good for the Pats but horribly inconsistent for fantasy. 3rd preseason game normally says a lot.

All im saying is his hype would be going through the roof if he didn’t barely step out of bounds and scored with Brady ... the guys “talent” is incredible, if he’s really learned how to actually apply it and be a real WR - look out 

7 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

All im saying is his hype would be going through the roof if he didn’t barely step out of bounds and scored with Brady ... the guys “talent” is incredible, if he’s really learned how to actually apply it and be a real WR - look out 

No don’t make him a WR at all.  He looked good in the James White role...

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Here is the lowdown:

Kid did 2 years in Junior College.

Transferred to TEN: 1st team SEC

After 1 year of division 1 football, he was drafted in the 1st round.

After 5 seasons in the NFL, he has been a 1st team all-pro 2 times and a 2nd team all-pro once.

3 out of 5 years in the NFL, he's been an all-freakin-pro.  Peyton had 7-1st and 3-2nds.  Brady only has 3-1sts and 2-2nds.  All-Pro nods are HARD!  

2 years of junior college is bad on the resume.  He didn't learn anything.

His first year at TEN was essentially his Freshman year.  He's been learning on the job ever since.

Brady and Gronk force the field wide open.  If he listens to BB and runs his routes, dude is gold.  You know Brady isn't misreading him for a 12 point fantasy pass.

They even did screen plays with Gronk blocking for Cooks inside the 5 last year.  Pissed me off.

This is the kid every coach wants to get the ball to.  Period.  They traded for him 2 weeks before they unloaded Cooks.  He's their deep plan.  Book it.

5 minutes ago, jmausen said:

Here is the lowdown:

Kid did 2 years in Junior College.

Transferred to TEN: 1st team SEC

After 1 year of division 1 football, he was drafted in the 1st round.

After 5 seasons in the NFL, he has been a 1st team all-pro 2 times and a 2nd team all-pro once.

3 out of 5 years in the NFL, he's been an all-freakin-pro.  Peyton had 7-1st and 3-2nds.  Brady only has 3-1sts and 2-2nds.  All-Pro nods are HARD!  

2 years of junior college is bad on the resume.  He didn't learn anything.

His first year at TEN was essentially his Freshman year.  He's been learning on the job ever since.

Brady and Gronk force the field wide open.  If he listens to BB and runs his routes, dude is gold.  You know Brady isn't misreading him for a 12 point fantasy pass.

They even did screen plays with Gronk blocking for Cooks inside the 5 last year.  Pissed me off.

This is the kid every coach wants to get the ball to.  Period.  They traded for him 2 weeks before they unloaded Cooks.  He's their deep plan.  Book it.

All i want to know is what his football IQ is. Hoodie is brutal on players who don't grasp their role and execute within the scheme of the offense.  High football IQ guys with the talent to execute succeed on the pats and get consistent playing time. Dummies ride the pine and then get released

Edited by dashoe
3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

All i want to know is what his football IQ is. Hoodie is brutal on players who don't grasp their role and execute within the scheme of the offense.  High football IQ guys with the talent to execute succeed on the pats and get consistent playing time. Dummies ride the pine and then get released

Randy Moss, NFL super genius esquire.

Edited by jmausen
2 minutes ago, confusedmrkrabs said:

For 0 FF draft capital... you don't look at the negatives for Patterson... 

EXACTLY!!!!

12th round pick, then wait until Edelman's back.

Not bad draft capital for a 3 time all-pro and a head coach you can never predict.

1 minute ago, jmausen said:

Randy Moss

moss was very High IQ as a player and Chris Carter taught him the finer points of the craft. Do you know how many times as a Pat moss would beat the coverage and wave his hand silly to tell brady he was open? And then he would let Tommy Boy know it back in the huddle if he didnt get targeted? I think i saw a clip once where Moss was telling brady i will be open just throw it to me as hard as you can and brady had this skeptical look on his face and then boom it happened just as he said it would.

8 minutes ago, jmausen said:

EXACTLY!!!!

12th round pick, then wait until Edelman's back.

Not bad draft capital for a 3 time all-pro and a head coach you can never predict.

12th round??? I'll rather have the upside of guys like Anthony Miller, Allison, Lockett, Doctson, Matthews, Ross, Godwin, etc.

Maybe 16th round before kicker? (EDIT: Sorry, my two main leagues, have no 16th round LMAO)

Edited by nonstopfan
4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

moss was very High IQ as a player and Chris Carter taught him the finer points of the craft. Do you know how many times as a Pat moss would beat the coverage and wave his hand silly to tell brady he was open? And then he would let Tommy Boy know it back in the huddle if he didnt get targeted? I think i saw a clip once where Moss was telling brady i will be open just throw it to me as hard as you can and brady had this skeptical look on his face and then boom it happened just as he said it would.

If you think he's saying you're getting 22 TDs from Patterson you're missing the point completely... 

On 8/6/2018 at 1:27 PM, jmausen said:

He's a playmaker...….who is desperately awful at creating space...…..but having Gronk on the field does that for you.....

On 8/6/2018 at 2:37 PM, jmausen said:

Lining him up on the same side of the field with Gronk will help

On 8/6/2018 at 1:03 PM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

so, the scheme was already in place, and proven to be quite potent, especially with an alpha dog like AP to draw attention

this is what i'm watching and using the strenghths of others  could be the way belicheck expects to use him. is worth a stash