NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cordarrelle Patterson 2018 Outlook

Patriots released WR Kenny Britt.

The release comes after Britt admitted to being behind in training camp. Britt has been limited with a hamstring injury since early June and still isn't fully healthy. It's a missed opportunity with Julian Edelman suspended the first four games, but the Patriots are moving forward with Phillip Dorsett, Cordarrelle Patterson, and Eric Decker. Britt may struggle to resurface at less than 100 percent.

Image result for another one bites the dust gif

• Like 1
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think what we're looking at here is the NFL's 1st ever player to have 1,000 receiving yards, 1,000 rushing yards, 1,000 kick return yards, and 1,000 punt return yards all in the same season.  IDK ab

... and they'll insert him into their lineups due to a juicy matchup and he'll go 1/7/0.  

That's not really how it works though. Yes, Brady is far and away the best QB Patterson will ever play with but Brady won't necessarily be able to throw Patterson open. It's still up to Patterson to g

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Britt released. Patterson has not been returning kicks in preseason. Cooks traded after Patterson acquisition. Stellar training camp translating to some jaw dropping preseason catches.

It’s time to start taking him seriously.

Kenny Britt released???

NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

For the LOVE OF GAWD WHYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?!?!?!

1 minute ago, Trade Monster said:

What about Dorsett? Don't you think he may have the better fantasy season.  I'm truly asking because I just don't know.

What about Dorsett is a great question ... because all I’ve heard is they didn’t pick up his option year and he was hurt last week. 

He also sucks, but runs fast.

• Like 2

Was Cordarrel playing with the third stringers in that clip?  Notice they did not have him run a route, just stand at the line and catch the ball.  Pretty typical of his game, I deem.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Was Cordarrel playing with the third stringers in that clip?  Notice they did not have him run a route, just stand at the line and catch the ball.  Pretty typical of his game, I deem.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Patriots/status/1030258121803874304/video/1

first string offense .. he barely stepped out of bounds of this play would’ve been everywhere 

Loved this guy when he was a Viking.  Never understood why my squad couldn't find a better way to utilize this guy.  His talent is incredible.  Maybe he just needed a few years to get his head screwed on straight.  He can make a 1 yard catch turn into a long gain as well as anyone. 

It's not the player it's Hoodie. 

Hoodie is notorious for giving players a short leash for mistakes. 

I just don't see how hoodie is going to give him enough snaps to be fantasy relevant beyond a bye week filler

2 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

What is this nonsense I read at the top of the page about him not returning kicks this preseason. 

He's gotta be the return man right? They are just saving him from injury until season right? 

You don't bring in an all pro return man... And not use him in the return game. 

yes you do if you plan on featuring him on offense

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

What is this nonsense I read at the top of the page about him not returning kicks this preseason. 

He's gotta be the return man right? They are just saving him from injury until season right? 

You don't bring in an all pro return man... And not use him in the return game. 

truth isn't nonsense ... and it also suggests they have a fairly significant offensive role in mind for him ... the plethora of WRs they've released this summer only further suggests so.

he could also return kicks/punts like edelman and start as an outside WR for 4 weeks ... the point: he should be rostered in 12+ team leagues. The guy is a freak of nature acquired by BB - he could be nothing, he could be a league winner. I'll gladly hold and find out - because his talent is undeniable 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Patriots/status/1030258121803874304/video/1

first string offense .. he barely stepped out of bounds of this play would’ve been everywhere 

Nice play, but once again he was targeted behind the line of scrimmage.  Bet he still can't run routes.  If BB knows that and uses him accordingly, we could be in for some serious fun.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Nice play, but once again he was targeted behind the line of scrimmage.  Bet he still can't run routes.  If BB knows that and uses him accordingly, we could be in for some serious fun.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patriotswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/06/cordarrelle-patterson-making-a-habit-of-logging-catch-of-the-day/amp/

fun indeed.

11 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The guy can’t run routes. But he is very dangerous with the ball in his hands. It worked his first year in Minnesota. Not so much his second year. So the question really is will the Pats manufacture enough touches for him to make him fantasy relevant because he’s not going to get open by himself.