NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cordarrelle Patterson 2018 Outlook

Just now, dicka24 said:

I think in deeper leagues this kid & Dorsett are worth a late round flyer.  Maybe they amount to nothing, but someone has to catch passes in NE. 

Yeah it's going to be Gronk, Hogan, and all the little mc****ter running backs they have lined up.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think what we're looking at here is the NFL's 1st ever player to have 1,000 receiving yards, 1,000 rushing yards, 1,000 kick return yards, and 1,000 punt return yards all in the same season.  IDK ab

... and they'll insert him into their lineups due to a juicy matchup and he'll go 1/7/0.  

That's not really how it works though. Yes, Brady is far and away the best QB Patterson will ever play with but Brady won't necessarily be able to throw Patterson open. It's still up to Patterson to g

Posted Images

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I love how people dismiss Patterson but Dorsett is all the sudden a reliable roadblock to success 

Dorsett is an even bigger bust than Patterson 

Dorsett sucks too, you don't want either of these guys on your team. It's that simple.

I'm in NE and a Pats fan.  Dorsett hasn't shown much here, but he does have a poor mans Brandon Cooks skillset and athleticism.  Some of us felt like Cooks was expendable because the Pats feel Dorsett can give them 75% of what Cooks did at a fraction of the cost + a 1st rounder they got from the Rams.  Personally I haven't seen it yet, but someone will catch passes here.  I think.

• Like 1
Just now, dicka24 said:

I'm in NE and a Pats fan.  Dorsett hasn't shown much here, but he does have a poor mans Brandon Cooks skillset and athleticism.  Some of us felt like Cooks was expendable because the Pats feel Dorsett can give them 75% of what Cooks did at a fraction of the cost + a 1st rounder they got from the Rams.  Personally I haven't seen it yet, but someone will catch passes here.  I think.

Cooks has been running routes, contesting balls, and has had great hands since coming into the NFL. He's shown us right out of the gate that he is everything we thought he was going to be. 

Dorsett has shown none of these things. Can he still breakout? of course he can but I'm not buying him until he shows flashes of it.

Definitely worth a flier in deeper leagues with return yardage.  They had him back for kickoff and punt returns which could pay huge dividends especially if he has even a modest role in the passing game. 

During the Carolina game he was targeted by Brady a good percentage of the time when he was on the field.  The problem is he didn't have too many plays with the first string offense.

I grabbed him as a late $1 bid in my auction this past weekend. I'm not expecting WR1 production, but BB knows players strengths and weaknesses and will not be having Patterson doing things that play to his weaknesses and knows how to use player's strengths to exploit the opponent. Granted that will result for peaks and valleys Fantasy wise, but I felt it was worth the low cost risk.

• Like 1

I think what we're looking at here is the NFL's 1st ever player to have 1,000 receiving yards, 1,000 rushing yards, 1,000 kick return yards, and 1,000 punt return yards all in the same season.  IDK about you guys, but I might be taking Cordarrelle with the 1st overall pick, and that's if he's still on the board.  This guy is so good I'm afraid someone is going to find a way to pick him before our draft even starts!  The hype train has left the station!!!!!

Edited by TommyKramer
  • Haha 5
5 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

I think what we're looking at here is the NFL's 1st ever player to have 1,000 receiving yards, 1,000 rushing yards, 1,000 kick return yards, and 1,000 punt return yards all in the same season.  IDK about you guys, but I might be taking Cordarrelle with the 1st overall pick, and that's if he's still on the board.  This guy is so good I'm afraid someone is going to find a way to pick him before our draft even starts!  The hype train has left the station!!!!!

I've done it before in Madden. Don't see why it can't be done in real life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

I think what we're looking at here is the NFL's 1st ever player to have 1,000 receiving yards, 1,000 rushing yards, 1,000 kick return yards, and 1,000 punt return yards 

But what are your predictions for him after Week 1?

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

If only he had IDP eligibility.

19 hours ago, SBR It said:

I grabbed him as a late $1 bid in my auction this past weekend. I'm not expecting WR1 production, but BB knows players strengths and weaknesses and will not be having Patterson doing things that play to his weaknesses and knows how to use player's strengths to exploit the opponent. Granted that will result for peaks and valleys Fantasy wise, but I felt it was worth the low cost risk.

Yes, yes! you are absolutely right,

BB knows players strengths and weaknesses and will not be having Patterson doing things that play to his weaknesses and knows how to use player's strengths to exploit the opponent

The number one rule for BB is he does not care about your fantasy team, no football coach does (unless they play in super high stakes fantasy leagues). CP isn't going to be a prolific WR, he never was. He doesn't have the ability to run routes, he just doesn't and BB knows this. CP is the ultimate gadget prospect for BB. You'll see him run slants the same way you see Edelmen. Which is great, but it isn't going to be consistent because nothing BB does is consistent, and CP is s--- at route running. The difference is Edelman is a great route runner, and CP isn't. CP needs open space to make plays, which is extremely hard to make happen in the NFL. He's going to be amazing from a "genius coaching" perspective but not from fantasy football. There's a reason why the Antonio Browns, Keenan Allens, Jarvis Landrys and Stefan Diggs are successful and exciting in the NFL. It isn't because of their metrics, it's because they have the innate ability to run routes that deceive defenders and create YAC. They don't need Tyreek Hill's speed or Brandon Marshall's big body dominating contested catches. It's why the Dorial Green Beckhams bust in the NFL. They don't have the juice. 

Edited by n4sa
  • Like 2
20 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

Championships go through JoHo CoPatt this year

He's very much on my radar. Thinking he can be the WR equivalent to Blount and his 18 TD season. What I mean by that is he's only insanely valuable when on the Pats and garbage for the other 31 teams. It can be a magical season for CoPatt. I mean, the situation is playing out PERFECTLY for him to break out. It would be typical Patriots. I'm tempted to drop D.J. Moore for him but those horses are still being held haha

13 minutes ago, TomisTerrific said:

He's very much on my radar. Thinking he can be the WR equivalent to Blount and his 18 TD season. What I mean by that is he's only insanely valuable when on the Pats and garbage for the other 31 teams. It can be a magical season for CoPatt. I mean, the situation is playing out PERFECTLY for him to break out. It would be typical Patriots. I'm tempted to drop D.J. Moore for him but those horses are still being held haha

Exactly. 1500+ yards and 15+ TD is the floor.

• Haha 1
On 8/28/2018 at 11:32 AM, SBR It said:

Good to know thanks. With Edelman unavailable those first team reps should be pretty high in September 

Rotoworld’s most recent blurb states that he returned punts and kickoffs in NE’s third preseason game. Can anyone confirm or deny this?  The boxscores i’ve seen show he hasnt returned anything the entire preseason. 

Are the boxes wrong or are the blurb writers making stuff up again?

Edited by Braves16
15 minutes ago, Braves16 said:

Rotoworld’s most recent blurb states that he returned punts and kickoffs in NE’s third preseason game. Can anyone confirm or deny this?  The boxscores i’ve seen show he hasnt returned anything the entire preseason. 

He could have just fair caught a few then didn't return any the rest of the game.

He's an All-Pro return man.

You don't go out of your way to acquire an All-Pro return man then not use him for returns.

Bill B didn't become known as a genius by putting squares into circle holes.

• Like 1

I hyped this dude up all off-season and mocked him on so many of my teams, but then I slept on him during 1 draft and got him taken by a rival who was also apparently targeting him the same round I was (3 picks ahead of me) and chose Geronimo over him in another.

Don't be like me and sleep on this guy.  I wish him nothing but failure in 2018, but I'm pretty sure at the end of the season I am going to be full of nothing but regret.

Don't be like me... be better.

4 hours ago, Braves16 said:

It was McCarron and Cyrus Jones all preseason. Think Braxton Berrios filled in a bit too. 

Problem is, none of those 3 are on the 53 man roster anymore. Feeling around here is that Patterson will handle kickoffs for sure, but when Edelman is back they’ll probably mix him in on punt returns with Amendola gone. 

On 8/28/2018 at 10:27 AM, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I love how people dismiss Patterson but Dorsett is all the sudden a reliable roadblock to success 

Dorsett is an even bigger bust than Patterson 

But is he a bigger bust than Davis Webb?

On 26/8/2018 at 8:58 AM, Boudewijn said:

In return yard leagues, maybe. I'd say 500 return, 300 pass and 200 rushing. Those TDs are definitely not impossible, again, if you count return yardage.

I actually nabbed him in a return yard league, with my last bench spot no less. Not going to line him up soon, but I am very curious to see how BB is going to use this kid - I honestly think he can get a 1000 yd all-purpose season, if he doesn't do too many dumb things and listens well to the hooded magician.
tenor.gif

I need some more CoPatt talk to hype me up on dropping Tyrell Williams for either CoPatt or Dorsett.  You can see my Dorsett reasoning in the Dorsett thread.  However, I think the value with CoPatt as a WR is that he is going to fill a niche that cannot be filled by Edelman, Hogan, Dorsett, or White.  I can see BB using CoPatt for long balls, back shoulders, etc - your typical big WR role.  More importantly and what I believe is going to be more fruitful, is getting CoPatt the ball in space and establishing some serious YAC. 

Not buying him as a route runner though. 

• Like 1