NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cordarrelle Patterson 2018 Outlook

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think what we're looking at here is the NFL's 1st ever player to have 1,000 receiving yards, 1,000 rushing yards, 1,000 kick return yards, and 1,000 punt return yards all in the same season.  IDK ab

... and they'll insert him into their lineups due to a juicy matchup and he'll go 1/7/0.  

That's not really how it works though. Yes, Brady is far and away the best QB Patterson will ever play with but Brady won't necessarily be able to throw Patterson open. It's still up to Patterson to g

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, beerfish said:

Anyone (in return leagues) considering flexing him this weekend?

I've thought about it, but I have more dependable options. Not a bad idea if you think you need to come from behind though, a single return could turn your game upside down.

It pained me to drop CoPatt for Geronimo Allison but it made sense to me. Wish I had more roster spots to hoard. I believe CoPatt will have value and my ego wants to be the one to have him when he does.

I remember starting him at flex out of desperation at the end of his rookie year in 2013. I got lucky and he had some big games, 9 TD total on the season.

I expect him to score at least 7 TDs this year and have an uptick in receiving yards. I have doubts he'll be the premier player we are all fantasizing he'll be but you never know.

I am always searching for that random Brandon Lloyd 1400 yard season or Jose Bautista 50 HR breakout or LeGarette Blount 18 TD (good Patriots comparison and reference experience). It's not likely CoPatt will go off like these guys, especially since Gronk, Hogan, Edelman, and the RBs all have to eat, but only the fantasy gods know Patterson's fate for sure.

Seems like a mutual fondness between Patterson and the Pats organization. Stay tuned. I will be.

2 hours ago, South Carolina said:

I took a shot on him in one of my leagues. If it doesn't work out I'll release him and grab a bi-week defense when I need it. And If he lights it up I'll trade him.

I fully expect him to be hit-or-miss for most of the season. 2 targets for 3 yards one game, 87 yd return TD the next, and then dead wood again for 2 weeks. I mean, the bit "if it doesn't work out" is something you can probably only judge at the end of the season, he won't be a monster from week 1. 

I plan to close my eyes as long as I can and give him all the rope he needs, until my team is really depleted and I can't justify him on the bench anymore. In the meantime I'll play him when only a home run can save me.

Edit: how the h&ll does the text end up in 2 different formats when I type it in one browser without pasting additional content? Whatever, format fixed.

Edited by Boudewijn
20 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Atm, he is only listed a KR on the depth chart..found that a little disappointing.

How does that work, do you know? Can they only use him if they listed him or they can use anybody?

17 hours ago, Woonga24 said:

Is he on both, KR and PR?

What’s your return league settting? 

Pretty sure just KR, but that's where the most points come from. Assuming this is a high scoring game he should get a few chamces.

Settings are 1 pt. per 10 yards

8 hours ago, Woonga24 said:

What's the difference between KR and PR? why not use the same guy? lol

Punt returning is harder and relies more on shiftiness and acceleration. Punts are also harder to catch and you usually have guys within a few yards of you. It’s why you often see smaller slot receivers return punts.

Kick returning you usually see guys with faster straight line speed, you have a lot more space when you first catch the ball and have more time to get up to speed. 

At least in my opinion, if someone returns punts well they can probably return kickoffs pretty well too. A lot of guys who are strickly kick returners wouldn’t work as punt returners though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't worry too much about the Corey Coleman signing. The starting role is still Patterson's. Coleman failed for both the Browns and Bills. Patterson has been successful in every one of his stops.

2 hours ago, devaster said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the Corey Coleman signing. The starting role is still Patterson's. Coleman failed for both the Browns and Bills. Patterson has been successful in every one of his stops.

Coleman? That's next year's news.

2 hours ago, devaster said:

Define successful.

On 9/9/2018 at 10:40 PM, devaster said:

So close this week. He nearly broke off 3 or 4 long TDs. Next week is the week they go for TDs.

Keep the faith!

Is this actually true (didn’t see this game, serious inquiry). I expected him to be boom/bust 

Hes basically a threat to score every time the ball ends up in his hands 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast