Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

D’angelo Russell 2018-2019 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do any of you know how win shares are calculated? For the love of all that is holy, stop misappropriating win shares as a crux of an argument. I'm really sick of seeing this happen over and over again

Dinwiddie > Russell 

Lin might be gone but the nets head coach is just fcking atrocious remember how that standup comedian lets everyone in their roster play thats why nets team is sucking in real life and fantasy cause o

Posted Images

On 1/6/2019 at 7:58 PM, COBBLEPOT said:

 

i've seen this story before and he could very easily go for 3 points and 2 assists on 1-10 shooting in his next game. not saying he will, but his issue has always been consistency. 

 

 

^JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 7:07 PM, HK-47 said:

Yeah dude so I was wrong and Dlo is proving me wrong...it happens. I can own it. No one is going to be right all time. You of all people should know this after that Jaylen Brown thread last year....

 

 

you weren’t wrong at all, u saw what all of us who been watching the nets all year saw .. dinwiddie was in a slump and dangelo was on a tear, but once again, dangelo suffers from consistency issues. i cant stress this enough. dinwiddie was 10x better today and it wasn’t even close. russell has flashes of greatness that tend to disappear regularly, which makes dinwiddie the more reliable player overall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

 

 

you weren’t wrong at all, u saw what all of us who been watching the nets all year saw .. dinwiddie was in a slump and dangelo was on a tear, but once again, dangelo suffers from consistency issues. i cant stress this enough. dinwiddie was 10x better today and it wasn’t even close. russell has flashes of greatness that tend to disappear regularly, which makes dinwiddie the more reliable player overall. 

every damn player in this league is gonna have a dud game here and there , even AD and Giannis had 10 point games this season. He is playing great for 3-4 games , has a dud every once in a while and you just come here to bash him then . 10/7/3/2/1/1to line , not even bad. You just a hater bro.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, manolo_ said:

every damn player in this league is gonna have a dud game here and there , even AD and Giannis had 10 point games this season. He is playing great for 3-4 games , has a dud every once in a while and you just come here to bash him then . 10/7/3/2/1/1to line , not even bad. You just a hater bro.

 

 

lol u didn’t even watch the game, casual .. russell was benched for the 4th and overtime 

 

this happens regularly with him .. not something u would see with giannis or AD. 

 

the fact that u even mention dangelo russell in the same sentence as giannis and AD is all i need to know. 

 

dangelo russell and spencer dinwiddie are considered interchangeable by the coaching staff 

 

come on, now

 

next time, try not to comment if all you’re doing is reading box scores 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

He's outplaying his ADP which was around 65-75, top 50 in 9 cat the past 2 weeks, just an off game. For comparison, Dinwiddie is top 200 past 2 weeks:rolleyes:

 

ok.....and dangelo had a stretch where he was bad in the middle of december while dinwiddie BEASTED

 

compare them from december 8 to december 26th and tell me what u come up with 

 

fact of the matter is, dangelo has always had stretches where he looks elite, only to fall right back off a cliff .. this dates back to his first season. look how amazing he looked for that stretch from february to march as a rookie .. look how incredible he was in the first month or so of last season. and then what?

 

until we see consistency over the course of an entire year, we won’t be able to say dangelo russell has arrived.

 

the coaches went wit dindwiddie to close the game (once again) cuz they didn’t trust russell .. u aren’t going to see coaches going with ilyasova over giannis no matter how hot he is. russell is regarded as interchangeable with dinwiddie by the coaching staff, and unless russell is hot, i would rather have dinwiddie out there in crucial moments. it is what it is. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

 

 

lol u didn’t even watch the game, casual .. russell was benched for the 4th and overtime 

 

this happens regularly with him .. not something u would see with giannis or AD. 

 

the fact that u even mention dangelo russell in the same sentence as giannis and AD is all i need to know. 

 

dangelo russell and spencer dinwiddie are considered interchangeable by the coaching staff 

 

come on, now

 

next time, try not to comment if all you’re doing is reading box scores 

I didnt mention them to compare them. I mentioned them as in even the best of the best have some off games. You cant expect of a shooter his age be consistent, but his averages are great. Nets always play the hot hand. And his mins this season are 28 anyways. Did you watch the game vs TOR too ? how much better was your boi there ? And the "tear" you mention was like the past 2 months.The kid can produce 19/6/4/2,5/1,1 in 29 mins at 22. Yes he makes mistakes and coach benches him from time to time. But in 3 years, when he is 25, same age as Dinwiddie, he's gonna be an All-Star. Spencer never will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, manolo_ said:

I didnt mention them to compare them. I mentioned them as in even the best of the best have some off games. You cant expect of a shooter his age be consistent, but his averages are great. Nets always play the hot hand. And his mins this season are 28 anyways. Did you watch the game vs TOR too ? how much better was your boi there ? And the "tear" you mention was like the past 2 months.The kid can produce 19/6/4/2,5/1,1 in 29 mins at 22. Yes he makes mistakes and coach benches him from time to time. But in 3 years, when he is 25, same age as Dinwiddie, he's gonna be an All-Star. Spencer never will.

 

 

russell has had 8 single digit scoring games this year 

 

dinwiddie has had 5.. and he averages 5 less shot attempts per game!

 

like i said, dinwiddie has been more reliable thus far

Edited by COBBLEPOT
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

 

 

russell has had 8 single digit scoring games this year 

 

dinwiddie has had 5.. and he averages 5 less shot attempts per game!

 

like i said, dinwiddie has been more reliable thus far

Ok I can play this game. Lets see how many times each scored more than 20 points a game.

DLo 21 , Spencer 11.

Now lets see who scored less than say 12 points a game(12 counting, i consider 12 and less a bad scoring night from players that are offensive minded)

Dlo 13, Spencer 12.

And DLo averages like 1,3 assists more than spencer.

Spencer makes less mistakes . But Dlo carries this team much more times than Spencer. As you said it's interchangable, but when they both play Dlo is the one getting the usage and making the buckets , not Dinwiddie.

Edited by manolo_
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

 

 

you weren’t wrong at all, u saw what all of us who been watching the nets all year saw .. dinwiddie was in a slump and dangelo was on a tear, but once again, dangelo suffers from consistency issues. i cant stress this enough. dinwiddie was 10x better today and it wasn’t even close. russell has flashes of greatness that tend to disappear regularly, which makes dinwiddie the more reliable player overall. 


Where have you been last 10 games when Dlo carried the team on his shoulders to the playoff conversation?

Link to post
Share on other sites

As I stated numerous times in this thread. 

 

I'm a Nets fan and watched nearly 'every single game' from 2011. And to be honest, Dinwiddie has even more 'consistency problems' due to his weakness in middle-range game and passing when the pace of the game is slow. He's simply not as effective in set offense. 

 

I love both Din and D'lo, but if someone is going to bash on a player like this, at least bring some numbers and analytics to back it up.

 

Well, I guess they won't, because they can't find the numbers to back their biased opinion in the first place. Stop the disrespect for god sakes. this kid has been putting up 20-4-7 in the last 'month', sheesh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, and to add to that. D'lo does look like he could be an elite player in some stretches and falls down a cliff.

 

And... he's 22... I guess most of the players in the NBA must be consistently elite before they are 21 to be considered as a prospect?

 

Cut some slack, would ya?

 

The Nets are in the midst of our own 'Process'. Din and D'lo is both a core part of it. Both complement each others weaknesses perfectly and and the Nets are cruising nicely because of those two. Stop being a nitpicker and be constructive, please. I believe many people in this thread are increasingly being annoyed with this kind of attitude.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jhsong916 said:

As I stated numerous times in this thread. 

 

I'm a Nets fan and watched nearly 'every single game' from 2011. And to be honest, Dinwiddie has even more 'consistency problems' due to his weakness in middle-range game and passing when the pace of the game is slow. He's simply not as effective in set offense. 

 

I love both Din and D'lo, but if someone is going to bash on a player like this, at least bring some numbers and analytics to back it up.

 

Well, I guess they won't, because they can't find the numbers to back their biased opinion in the first place. Stop the disrespect for god sakes. this kid has been putting up 20-4-7 in the last 'month', sheesh.


Desrespect just because Lakers traded him and this thread is full of Lakers fans....

Edited by LosingEffort
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LosingEffort said:


Where have you been last 10 games when Dlo carried the team on his shoulders to the playoff conversation?

 

 

i was here warning yall, even when russell was beasting ..

 

i will say one thing though, he does look more comfortable out there when things are going his way .. maybe this dud will wake him up, but i’m telling u, the coaching staff does not value him the way his numbers would make u think

 

he averages 1 more point than dinwiddie on 5 more attempts. if he goes cold he’s going to get pulled.. period.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LosingEffort said:


Desrespect just because Lakers traded him and this thread is full of Lakers fans....

 

 

this is wishful thinking by you 

 

we got rid of randle and all of us will tell u that we wish we hadn’t .. many of us are even trippin watching him beast in new orleans when it could’ve been in LA

 

weve just seen this from russell in the past more than anyone and know how quickly it could end.. maybe he’s growing? who knows. but i can only speak on what i’ve seen, and he’s notorious for putting up huge numbers in stretches his entire career only to go cold and lose it with the quickness. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

Yeah, and to add to that. D'lo does look like he could be an elite player in some stretches and falls down a cliff.

 

And... he's 22... I guess most of the players in the NBA must be consistently elite before they are 21 to be considered as a prospect?

 

Cut some slack, would ya?

 

The Nets are in the midst of our own 'Process'. Din and D'lo is both a core part of it. Both complement each others weaknesses perfectly and and the Nets are cruising nicely because of those two. Stop being a nitpicker and be constructive, please. I believe many people in this thread are increasingly being annoyed with this kind of attitude.

 

 

im letting you know what ive seen for 2 seasons with the lakers + 1 with the nets .. sometimes he looks like he’s taken that next step, only to take 2 steps back. maybe he’s grown since then? who knows.. but what i can say for sure is that last night was very familiar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

 

 

im letting you know what ive seen for 2 seasons with the lakers + 1 with the nets .. sometimes he looks like he’s taken that next step, only to take 2 steps back. maybe he’s grown since then? who knows.. but what i can say for sure is that last night was very familiar. 

So far this season elite production has been more familiar than duds which is a huge step from his first few seasons so hopefully it holds up for the second half.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, manolo_ said:

Ok I can play this game. Lets see how many times each scored more than 20 points a game.

DLo 21 , Spencer 11.

Now lets see who scored less than say 12 points a game(12 counting, i consider 12 and less a bad scoring night from players that are offensive minded)

Dlo 13, Spencer 12.

And DLo averages like 1,3 assists more than spencer.

Spencer makes less mistakes . But Dlo carries this team much more times than Spencer. As you said it's interchangable, but when they both play Dlo is the one getting the usage and making the buckets , not Dinwiddie.

 

 

thanks for proving my point ..

 

russell has more highs and more lows.. and while dinwiddie has his share of highs and lows, he’s far more even keeled in the grand scheme of things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

 

 

thanks for proving my point ..

 

russell has more highs and more lows.. and while dinwiddie has his share of highs and lows, he’s far more even keeled in the grand scheme of things. 

No, I don't know if you just play dumb or cant read what I say properly. What I said was they have the same lows so far ,  while DLo has much more highs. 

But go ahead and twist everything to suit your hate.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

 

 

i was here warning yall, even when russell was beasting ..

 

i will say one thing though, he does look more comfortable out there when things are going his way .. maybe this dud will wake him up, but i’m telling u, the coaching staff does not value him the way his numbers would make u think

 

he averages 1 more point than dinwiddie on 5 more attempts. if he goes cold he’s going to get pulled.. period.

 

 

Russell numbers this season:
18.5 points , 3.8 rbs , 6.4 ast , 1.1 stl , 0.3 blk

Dinwiddie numbers:
17.0 pts, 2.5 rbs , 5.1 ast , 0.6 stl , 0.2 blk

Russell's numbers are better in every category so why Dinwiddie should be a better player??

But, most important, last 10 games that pushed Brooklyn at 7th seed in the Conference:
Russell: 22.4 pts , 3.9 rbs , 6.9 ast , 0.9 stl , 0.3 blk
Dinwiddie: 13.1 pts , 2.2 rbs , 4.4 ast , 0.6 stl , 0.1 blk

Seems you were hidden in the darkness waiting for a dud :lol:

Edited by LosingEffort
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

 

 

thanks for proving my point ..

 

russell has more highs and more lows.. and while dinwiddie has his share of highs and lows, he’s far more even keeled in the grand scheme of things. 

What is your point? That russell can go off like a 2nd rounder for 1 or 2 weeks before posting one semi dud or fg brickhouse? Cool, can say some about almost every non super elite player in the league. Russell is better than dinwiddie its not even close

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...