NBC Sports Edge Forums

D’angelo Russell 2018-2019 Season Outlook

13 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Zo is a future all star your tripping out. His passing and court vision is elite, rebounding excellent, so is his defense. Only knock on him is his shooting, which hes already improved on since last year. Give the kid some time, I think he’ll end up even better than Jason Kidd, bold statement but hes super talented. Honestly Rondo and Lebron being there really stunted and sorto put Lonzo in a limbo as far as development and producing big stat lines. 

Shooting has improved huh? Thats why he averages 40% fg and 40% ft? He shoots just a little better than markelle fultz lmao. He also rarely ever gets to 10 assists which kidd eould do in his sleep. Also no one cares if a point guard is a good rebounder it literally means nothing. I always find it so pathetic how hard westbrook tries to steal rebs from the bigs to get his triple doubles. Luka doncic is a better player in his rookie season than lonzo will be during the peak prime of his career.

Dlo is miles better than lonzo at this point and i would say he is better at everything except defense and lonzo defense is a overrated too. SGA for example defends better and smarter than lonzo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do any of you know how win shares are calculated? For the love of all that is holy, stop misappropriating win shares as a crux of an argument. I'm really sick of seeing this happen over and over again

Dinwiddie > Russell 

Lin might be gone but the nets head coach is just fcking atrocious remember how that standup comedian lets everyone in their roster play thats why nets team is sucking in real life and fantasy cause o

Posted Images

On 1/20/2019 at 9:11 AM, richg24 said:

Shooting has improved huh? Thats why he averages 40% fg and 40% ft? He shoots just a little better than markelle fultz lmao. He also rarely ever gets to 10 assists which kidd eould do in his sleep. Also no one cares if a point guard is a good rebounder it literally means nothing. I always find it so pathetic how hard westbrook tries to steal rebs from the bigs to get his triple doubles. Luka doncic is a better player in his rookie season than lonzo will be during the peak prime of his career.

Dlo is miles better than lonzo at this point and i would say he is better at everything except defense and lonzo defense is a overrated too. SGA for example defends better and smarter than lonzo. 

Arguing about Westbrook stealing rebounds is one thing but to say nobody cares if a PG is a good rebounder is comical.  It is a sign of effort and knowledge of where the basketball can go on misses, often times.  One of the most important pieces of the game to ...ya know...get the ball back into your possession.

• Like 2

I've traded him weeks ago. And I'm fine with that.

I've chose him as one of my 5 keeps for this season but I've abbandoned the idea of him becoming elite player, although he can be a good second option.

I know that he is playing really well now, but make no mistake this is LeVert's team now, and his return will force D-Lo to share the ball more than he's used and even deflect resposabilities to Caris.

So this could be this season's peak for him, his sell high moment.

I like their young core with Jarret and D-Lo, plus Dinwindie, Harris, Jefferson, Kurucs they might have a bright future.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Heavy_Jon said:

I've chose him as one of my 5 keeps for this season but I've abbandoned the idea of him becoming elite player, although he can be a good second option.

I know that he is playing really well now, but make no mistake this is LeVert's team now, and his return will force D-Lo to share the ball more than he's used and even deflect resposabilities to Caris.

I like their young core with Jarret and D-Lo, plus Dinwindie, Harris, Jefferson, Kurucs they might have a bright future.

No one knows when Caris is coming back, and the Nets will baby the hell out of him.  I owned him the last few years and if he even breaks his nail at home, they sit him a week.  So... I dont see Levert being a fantasy savior this year

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Heavy_Jon said:

You are very wrong. I own levert and he was great but he wasnt putting up any lines like the recent monster ones Dlo has been dropping. He probably would have had some but the injury could slow down the huge leap he made we dont know how he will come back or when . This is Dlo team now he being talked about for all star selection 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Tyboogie said:

Really like DLo that I’ve drafted him in 8/13 leagues. Definitely low key all star right now. But with that 2 games in 2nd round playoff, anyone looking to sell high?

Yes I have been sending out offers non-stop but aiming high. I have a potential offer for Jamal Murray there, which to me is a fairly big downgrade, but the 3-4-4 schedule is MUCH better than 4-2-3, especially for those with a bye during the 4 game week.

I'm willing to wait longer though to sell because right now he is carrying me through some injuries to other players.

14 hours ago, Heavy_Jon said:

I like their young core with Jarret and

Someone offered me Trae Young for Dlo :lol:

On 22/01/2019 at 5:02 AM, RingMyBell said:

No one knows when Caris is coming back, and the Nets will baby the hell out of him.  I owned him the last few years and if he even breaks his nail at home, they sit him a week.  So... I dont see Levert being a fantasy savior this year

On 22/01/2019 at 5:56 AM, richg24 said:

You are very wrong. I own levert and he was great but he wasnt putting up any lines like the recent monster ones Dlo has been dropping. He probably would have had some but the injury could slow down the huge leap he made we dont know how he will come back or when . This is Dlo team now he being talked about for all star selection 

D-Lo have done this before, he had streches of very good games that made me think that he could be a franchise cornerstone, but the fact is that he could never be consistent, and I don't see in him a will to become the best, because at the start of the season he was enjoying playing 2nd banana to Caris, and I have serious doubts about his motor and, most important, his basketball IQ.

Caris made a leap this season, and if this injury doesn't cripple him, he will steal touches from D-Lo.

I like D-Lo and hope the guy can put all together and become a true all-star, but I have seen alot of Nets games this past 2 seasons to believe that he's not going to keep this numbers throughout the rest of season.

BTW when I traded him it was in package to get Luka when he was playing really well, almost 2 months ago.

Edited by Heavy_Jon
1 minute ago, Heavy_Jon said:

D-Lo have done this before, he had streches of very good games that made me think that he could be a franchise cornerstone, but the fact is that he could never be consistent, and I don't see in him a will to become the best, because at the start of the season he was enjoying playing 2nd banana to Caris, and I have serious doubts about his motor and, most important, his basketball IQ.

Caris made a leap this season, and if this injury doesn't cripple him, he will steal touches from D-Lo.

I like D-Lo and hope the guy can put all together and become a true all-star, but I have seen alot of Nets games this past 2 seasons to believe that he's going to keep this numbers throughout the rest of season.

BTW when I traded him it was in package to get Luka when he was playing really well, almost 2 months ago.

There is nothing wrong with that trade. I would prefer Luka in H2H because of the better playoff schedule alone and what you mentioned about LeVert taking touches away from Dlo (depending on when he is back).

I do not agree that Dlo has done this before though, because he hasn't. He started well last season before the injury but he wasn't breaking out nearly as hard as he is now. You keep saying that he could never be consistent but at what point does someone get the "consistent tag" because Dlo has done it now for basically the entire season which is more than half over. He is also just 22, which I have to keep mentioning, and he has so much more developing to go but it's super clear now that he is very talented and he will go as far as he wants to go, now we have to see if he has the mental makeup to be a winner and killer. The last few weeks are convincing me of that too. He gets pissed for sure when they let Dinwiddie close and when that has happened he has exploded the game after, good sign of mamba mentality. 

• Like 1

If he continues to break out, I think you HAVE to look past the 4-2-3 schedule unless you are top 1-2 in your league with a BYE week. That 4 game start is very valuable, and I'd much rather keep D-lo and supplement his schedule with, say, a warrior (5 games week 2) or just balanceout the rest of my lineup with 4 game players. Trade away the guys who play 3 games (3-3-3, 3-2-4). Hopefully, this far into the season, you've made enough trades and movements to supplement your playoff schedule for the first two weeks.

On 1/22/2019 at 12:56 AM, richg24 said:

Agreed with your assessment. Dlo has been very consistent all year and gradually trending upwards to all star level. Every night you can pretty much bank on Dlo's output. At the start of the season the Nets had a level playing field without a true offensive leader. Dinwiddie, Crabbe, Dlo and LeVert had all shown flashes and slumps. LeVert fed off his early season success to claim the leader role and everyone else played in his shadow. Now that Dlo is the top dog, I highly doubt he will concede to LeVert when he returns from injury. 

These are Lonzo's games without Bron. 13 games. 8 of them in double digits scoring. Lots of steals some blocks. About 6 boards. About 7 assists. His stats are actually very comparable to Draymond's stats. Just Lonzo gets more pts more 3's and maybe one less rebound a game. Lonzo has most definitely improved since last season. Do you watch Laker games? Yes, he still can work on his shooting like free throws but the whole Lakers team can't make free throws or even consistently make shots. Lonzo has a pass first mindset while Dlo easily can be called a ball hog and just pulls up from 3 since the rest of the nets suck. Lonzo gets more defensive stats and is much better on that end of the court. Lonzo gets more rebounds and assist. On the season Dlo barely gets a 3 more than Zo which is honestly embarrassing for him since he can shoot it. If you think Lonzo is a 2nd rounder watch a Laker game when he comes back and you will see you are wrong. 

image.png.521ca5bfd52919064db0b66c059cec20.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
56 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

he doesn’t watch basketball, he just reads box scores .. no one with common sense is still pushin the narrative that lonzo ball isn’t legit. dude is a joke. 

Aren't box scores all that matters in fantasy?