Bold Predictions for the 2018-2019 Season

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ben Simmons wins ROTY again

The advancing field of cybernetics begins to produce basketball-capable automatons. Due to a blind spot in the CBA, teams are able to purchase as many robots as they can afford, as they are not requir

Ben Simmons makes a three point shot.    

I can see Jayson Tatum having a really good season because of the ELECTRIC playoff experience he had he is now sweating with confidence. Remember when someone played really well on the post season it usually translates to an even better and more productive player to the upcoming regular season, this is what happened to the likes of nobodies like Jonas Valanciunas and Isaiah Thomas from before. They went ballistic and broke out in 1 playoffs series then suddenly they are so confident and improved a lot next season. Taytum also worked out with Kobe Bryant and acquired the mamba mentality. I feel like Taytum will have a huge sophomore leap and finish top 20 this season. 

• Like 4
On 8/6/2018 at 11:05 AM, Idoolittle said:

Most of these probably aren't that bold, but here are some predictions:

- Giannis Antetokounmpo wins MVP.
- Luka Doncic wins Rookie of the Year.
- Kawhi Leonard is a top 10 fantasy player, plays 70+ games.
- Golden State does not win the championship.
- The Lakers get knocked out in the 1st round of the playoffs.
- The Spurs miss the playoffs.
- Milwaukee finishes in the top 4 in the East; makes it past the 1st round.
- Boston finishes 1st in the East, but does not make it to the ECF.

Those are pretty bold.

I actually think the opposite, Spurs will be top 3 in WCF. But I am a homer.

I got one more involving the Spurs; Pop will turn Dejounte loose and he will finish as MIP.

• Like 3
On 2018-08-06 at 3:20 PM, TheOneAboveAll said:

- Toronto finishes in the bottom half of the playoff standings

- Donovan Mitchell stays outside the top-50

- Lonzo Ball finishes inside the top-50

- Kyle Anderson finishes inside the top-50

- Kevin Knox wins ROTY

Toronto swapped a flow killer for a top five player and somehow they take a large step back? That is bold. lol

• Like 3
On 2018-08-09 at 8:40 AM, ginocan said:

Those are pretty bold.

I actually think the opposite, Spurs will be top 3 in WCF. But I am a homer.

I got one more involving the Spurs; Pop will turn Dejounte loose and he will finish as MIP.

DeRozan and Gay on the same team is going to be like 82 straight kicks to the nuts. The Raptors had to build their whole team around DeRozan to get value out of him. The Spurs aren't built to allow a flow killer who takes bad shots and can't hit threes like DeRozan to thrive. Maybe I'm wrong but hey, I've only seen like almost every one of DeRozans pro games...

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Spyplane said:

DeRozan and Gay on the same team is going to be like 82 straight kicks to the nuts. The Raptors had to build their whole team around DeRozan to get value out of him. The Spurs aren't built to allow a flow killer who takes bad shots and can't hit threes like DeRozan to thrive. Maybe I'm wrong but hey, I've only seen like almost every one of DeRozans pro games...

Did the Raptors have a more success when in was Andrea Bargnani shouldering the load?

Edited by Meadowlark
16 minutes ago, Meadowlark said:

Did the Raptors have a more success when in was Andrea Bargnani shouldering the load?

DeRozan didn't shoulder the load, Lowry did. Go look at DeRozan's career playoff stats, he's a professional choker. How many stars do you know who get bench every series for at least a game in the playoffs?

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

DeRozan didn't shoulder the load, Lowry did. Go look at DeRozan's career playoff stats, he's a professional choker. How many stars do you know who get bench every series for at least a game in the playoffs?

If it was Lowry shouldering the load, then how was the whole team built around DeRozan?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, Meadowlark said:

If it was Lowry shouldering the load, then how was the whole team built around DeRozan?

Because they bet on the wrong player. 

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 1