NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mikal Bridges 2018-19 Season Outlook

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mikal Bridges just got SG positional eligibility in Yahoo!

Mikal Bridges scored five points with four rebounds, one assist, three steals and no turnovers in 29 minutes against the Bulls on Wednesday. After the game, coach Igor Kokoskov said the Suns "forg

Interesting...  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, FantasyMamba said:

Im a little concerned at fact he isn't putting up consistent lines even with huge minutes. I feel like with Oubre he might be very difficult to hold.

I am personally debating keeping Holmes over him and dropping him for Satoransky.

Consistency is not going to be found, not for guys like Bridges or even a lot of 'studs' who are All Stars and top 30-50 players night in and night out.

You are going to have very bad nights and some very good nights. The key is knowing that the bad nights (like tonight) aren't bad enough for you to drop, assuming you're not in a shallow league AND knowing the good nights are the kinds that will propel you to a weekly victory, especially in a deeper league. 

I stress again - if you are in a 10 man or smaller league - you do not need Bridges. If you have anywhere over 150 - 175 players or more rostered, you need to add him. You are not going to find 175+ players more valuable than him this season. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

Consistency is not going to be found, not for guys like Bridges or even a lot of 'studs' who are All Stars and top 30-50 players night in and night out.

You are going to have very bad nights and some very good nights. The key is knowing that the bad nights (like tonight) aren't bad enough for you to drop, assuming you're not in a shallow league AND knowing the good nights are the kinds that will propel you to a weekly victory, especially in a deeper league. 

I stress again - if you are in a 10 man or smaller league - you do not need Bridges. If you have anywhere over 150 - 175 players or more rostered, you need to add him. You are not going to find 175+ players more valuable than him this season. 

Thats a good point. Maybe I am being a little reactive I just think that adding Oubre only decreases his minutes in a way that makes him less appealing. 

12 hours ago, bruceleroy7 said:

All the reports prior to the trade stated Phoenix was looking for a PG. Rivers may or may not be that guy, Im sure Melton will have a say in it. But im willing to bet Booker won't be playing much PG from here on out. Just my opinion. (And go Mikal!)

I'll take that bet. 

wonder if the hype ever dies for this season, it should in all honesty

ive dipped my toe in the pool here but i just dont see it anymore, wont get enough usage regardless of all the "second half breakout" kind of thinking

purely a streamer for season long leagues and an ok stash for dynasty (unless 16+ teams)

• Like 1
On 12/18/2018 at 12:15 PM, kmoore1521 said:

wonder if the hype ever dies for this season, it should in all honesty

ive dipped my toe in the pool here but i just dont see it anymore, wont get enough usage regardless of all the "second half breakout" kind of thinking

purely a streamer for season long leagues and an ok stash for dynasty (unless 16+ teams)

You were saying?

• Haha 1
Just now, Taipan said:

I’m back on the train. He’s legit with those defensive stats.

i'm back too. He's a bit Danny Green like - inconsistent, occasionally put up a huge line with the rare stats, and then disappointing in some easy matchups.  That always happens to low usage guys. Let's hope he'll get better and more consistent as the season progresses. 

1 hour ago, XNW said:

I dropped him cause I needed to Stash Barton and Pick up Tomas for Wall.. hopefully I won't regret it D: I had him for a lot of season too dang lol

Have a feeling he’s  going to be “the one” that got away for you partna.

Damn it, so tempting to add him.  Juicy 4 game week, lots of minutes, and on a tanking team.  Would love to kick Kurucs to the curb.

Totally get the PJ Tucker similarities too--low usage, heavy minutes, FG% sucks and steals the ball with some treys mixed in.  Trade Tucker's boards for some points and blocks and yeah, pretty much the same guy.  IMO much higher upside though.