NBC Sports Edge Forums

Russell Westbrook 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a distinction without a difference. Something only pseudo, wannabe intellectuals engage in. "Wisegeeks". Right.   And in this case, an embittered one that spends his Sunday night flai

This.   Dude hurts in FG% (sizable hole most years, sometimes manageable, sometimes not) and TOs (almost impossible to recover from) but last year he hurt pretty bad in FT%, too. Was about a

4th knee surgery is like a bruise? Colour me a little skeptical. He is dropping a few spots on my outlook and it's far from an ideal way to prepare for a long season. Knee issues on explosive athletic

Posted Images

Tonight Westy looked awful. Watching the game you get why he stayed aggressive because George wanted zero part of shooting the damn ball. But again Russ just looked awful.

Is it just me or his explosion just not there some games now? Some games he looks like the old Westy and tonight he looked like a normal dude. 

He seriously the ultimate "gray area" player in basketball..

Does he play stupid? Yes, but then he plays so hard!

Does he get produce on the court? Yes, but at the expense of his teammates

Does he win games? Yes, but then he also cause his team games they are supposed to win

Does he make his teammates better? Yes, they struggle when he's not on the court, but then they excel after leaving his team

He seems like an intelligent guy too, but he plays the dumbest style of basketball I've seen in a long time, but he's not a dumb player, but he plays stupid, but that's because he goes 150% all the time, but that's because he's selfish and tries to pad stats, but... you get my point.

Definitely sucks to have him in fantasy though. 

2 hours ago, chud12 said:

Tonight Westy looked awful. Watching the game you get why he stayed aggressive because George wanted zero part of shooting the damn ball. But again Russ just looked awful.

Is it just me or his explosion just not there some games now? Some games he looks like the old Westy and tonight he looked like a normal dude. 

I don't blame him for getting upset, especially since he apparently took a shoulder in the chest earlier in the game.  It was great seeing his teammates being so supportive in coming to his defense (not).  Adams stayed out around the Free Throw Line.  Love him or hate him, you would still like to see his teammates defend him. Hit Isaiah Thomas like that and Mahorn would have sent your chin into the cheap seats.

14 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I don't blame him for getting upset, especially since he apparently took a shoulder in the chest earlier in the game.  It was great seeing his teammates being so supportive in coming to his defense (not).  Adams stayed out around the Free Throw Line.  Love him or hate him, you would still like to see his teammates defend him. Hit Isaiah Thomas like that and Mahorn would have sent your chin into the cheap seats.

Eh, it seems like Adams is often right in the middle breaking things up when Westbrook pretends like he wants to fight someone. 

Really for the first time year Westy had his explosion last night. He had two monster dunks and some of the layups he made looked like he was shot out of a cannon. The  athleticism he showed really looked like prime Westbrook. Times this year I questioned if all these knee injuries took the explosiveness he had and at least for one night he had it back. Great sign going forward and his free throw shooting has also started to improve a lot. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...