NBC Sports EDGE Forums

MMA on CBS tonight

Harry Twatter

Pretty gross with the ear popping...It was an alright fight though.

Yea kimbo was tired as hell and so was thompson pretty good fight sorta mad the ref stoped it. To bad the doctor stoped the fight before it that was turning out to be a fight of the year.

Baroni is done..I think he has lost 4 in a row now

Kimbo got exposed a bit. It was a very questionable stoppage but an edge of the seat fight. I just wanted to see Thompson crumble. It will be interesting to see what Kimbo does next because he was gassed about halfway thru the fight. I gotta give Thompson some credit though because he was not supposed to have a good chin. He took some serious blows from Kimbo.

See you tomorrow night on versus B)

the best part of the show was the girl fight.

that show probably set MMA back 5 yrears.

Some good fights but I was going to say the same thing Max. It made it out to be like a big circus in my opinion. All the dancers, music, fire and lights....forget that entertainment. We want to see the fighting.

I was disappointed with the show.

Robbie Lawlers fight shouldn't have been stopped. That was looking like a great fight.

Kimbo has a lot to work on. If James Thompson can put you on your back, tie up both arms and keep landing his fist on your head, your in trouble. Kimbo is lucky that Thompson sucks on the ground and didn't land devasting elbows and fist while he was on his back.

I'm a huge Kimbo fan, but he's just a circus show.

Standing up he can kick the snot out of anyone but mma is more about just stand up fighting. Also a word on how CBS made this S*** so cheesey. This reminded me of when NASCAR first was on NBC it was terrible they talked down the fans and treated them like they have never watched NASCAR before but most of them have they would say things like. "Well these cars don't use the same fuel you do with your car at home" and "See he is trying to get behind him thats called drafting the air doesn't hit your car as much so you go fast" it made me so mad.

Standing up he can kick the snot out of anyone but mma is more about just stand up fighting. Also a word on how CBS made this S*** so cheesey. This reminded me of when NASCAR first was on NBC it was terrible they talked down the fans and treated them like they have never watched NASCAR before but most of them have they would say things like. "Well these cars don't use the same fuel you do with your car at home" and "See he is trying to get behind him thats called drafting the air doesn't hit your car as much so you go fast" it made me so mad.

Absolutely no offense, but what did you expect them to do?? And trust me, I am not a network or CBS apologist.

And if I ever watch Nascar, I would need all the help I could get. Only thing I know about that is what Ricky Bobby taught me & something I might have heard on Sportscenter inadvertedly.

Glad I didn't put money on Thompson last night. Kimbo was favored -600. He fights any guy who can wrestle or get him to the ground, he's finished. Thompson more less just does a bull rush to every opponent and tries to beat them standing up. He might have the biggest glass chin in all of MMA.

I can't wait to see what line they put out for Herring vs. Lesnar. I really hope Lesnar in the favorite so I can bet a large amount on Herring.

I agree 100%. Herring will be my pick by a large sum over Lesnar, who i can nearly guarentee will be the favorite due to his larger fanbase (even though that is completely irrelevant in terms of his fighting).

And i wanna see Kimbo get owned by Fedor or The Natural B)

Ratings-wise, it did pretty well:

"The show did a 2.7 rating in prime time, peaking at 4.7 for Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson.

The overall number isn't through the roof but the growth was outstanding. It was No. 1 for the night in 18-34 and 18-49 as well as all male demos."

Glad I didn't put money on Thompson last night. Kimbo was favored -600. He fights any guy who can wrestle or get him to the ground, he's finished. Thompson more less just does a bull rush to every opponent and tries to beat them standing up. He might have the biggest glass chin in all of MMA.

I can't wait to see what line they put out for Herring vs. Lesnar. I really hope Lesnar in the favorite so I can bet a large amount on Herring.

That's what I thought too, but man he took some blows last night and just wouldn't drop. Kimbo actually looked solid the 1st time or two he went to the ground, but everytime after that I really believe he was more out of breadth than just not knowing what to do. I mean he didn't even try to get up when he was getting constant elbows to the head. He was just exhausted. It could definitly have something to do with his age.

Baroni is so ridiculous...

"I've never lost a fight when I train out of AKA," stated Baroni. "Those guys really care about me. They know me well. I don't know, maybe I just need people to be on me, to be on top of me and make sure I'm doing what I'm doing, and here they do that."

Leading up to their showdown on CBS, the war of words between Baroni and Villasenor has escalated the point where the fight could be billed as a grudge match.

Addressing the pre-fight banter, Baroni commented, "I don't know what's up with the guy. He's trying to make it personal. I don't know man. He might be nervous. This is his first real big fight, so I'm not sure. I'm not sure what to think of it. He's making stupid comments like, 'there's no good fighters from the East Coast.'

"I mean Smokin’ Joe Burrito from New Mexico, I'm going to beat the beans out of this guy and send him back there. There's a lot of great fighters from the East Coast. This guy is going to run into one from the East Coast and get knocked out."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templa...1&zoneid=13

i didn't know anything about MMA before yesterday and I thought it was pretty cool. I'm embarrassed to have Baroni represent NY.. he's a fool, and he sucks! he's now .500

hopefully you were able to see the fight on versus tonight...they were much better...they are on replay now...so if you see this soon, check em...the last 2 were really good fights...hury hurry

i didn't know anything about MMA before yesterday and I thought it was pretty cool. I'm embarrassed to have Baroni represent NY.. he's a fool, and he sucks! he's now .500

hahaha You'll love this video then.

http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/02/15/fight...-vs-dave-menne/

I'm the best ever!! I'm the man!!! hahaha so ridiculous.

Archived