NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

hoopking

1 hour ago, ellejamil said:

FT%? This has been my long standing question (and not just with Dipo): how are there players who can shoot 45%+ FG, close to 40% in 3PG, and then be sub 80% in FT%?

Lol i have this same problem with Wall. I got both him and Dipo. I really think its mental? Or rustiness? Both Wall and Dipo are near 80% free throw shooters in their life. They're not the greatest ft% shooters but they're pretty solid historically. I'm hoping they finally go back to the norm with their FT% so I can finally stop punting FT%.

27 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

Lol i have this same problem with Wall. I got both him and Dipo. I really think its mental? Or rustiness? Both Wall and Dipo are near 80% free throw shooters in their life. They're not the greatest ft% shooters but they're pretty solid historically. I'm hoping they finally go back to the norm with their FT% so I can finally stop punting FT%.

Weird start to the season for sure, DJ is shooting 90% lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

for fck sake lol

47 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

Yeah I'll start worrying after the quarter mark and they're still sub-70%. or, since I already have Drummond and Nurk, stop trying with FT altogether

10 hours ago, mihs said:

What's going on with his ft? At 50% overall over 4 games with 4.5 attempts a game from a historically ~80% ft shooter.

As u posted there, 80%. He’s not a terrible ft shooter. Law of averages will catch up eventually and the ship righted. 

Everything will be fine guys, we're only 4 games into the season. Chalk it up to early season rust. He's still the center of the offense and his production will go back to his typical averages from last year. 

Edited by fabrar
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, fabrar said:

Everything will be fine guys, we're only 4 games into the season. Chalk it up to early season rust. He's still the center of the offense and his production will go back to his typical averages from last year. 

It's really not his production/offense I am worried about. 

It's the lack of defensive stats, especially steals.

That is what made him the top 15 player last season. 

I do know it's still early but I can't help but think about moving him now to salvage some values. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheJotun said:

Well I guess people really are panicking. Just became an Oladipo owner after offering Prince and THJ.

No way this beast doesn’t bounce back.

Lol! That's ridiculous, you hustled him big time. I honestly have no idea why people panic with their top picks this early into the season. This is how to NOT win in fantasy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1