NBC Sports Edge Forums

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

28 minutes ago, heero78 said:

Lol that's a wishful thinking. 

He's at best an early second rounder. 

Regression is real. 

Certainly possible but if you look at last year’s game log he really turned up he steals after the ASB. Maybe he’s a second half type player 

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We need a system on this site where comments like this get users a warning/temporary ban. Not true or helpful in anyway - someone might read this and think its true. 

Whats funny is several people have come on this thread when Dipo has a bad game or now with the injury with a smug “I can’t believe people took him in the first round?!!”  Yet I’ve yet to read a post

The guy that fear mongered and traded for Marc Gasol AHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mihs said:

I mean, yea? I'd imagine most people drafted him around the turn, so if he returned early second round value that's probably fine.

Regression to what exactly? His fts are almost 25% below his career average. That's not regression.

My bad. Didn't word it clearly. I was referring to his steals. His steals were what made him the top 10 player last season. 

Why would anyone draft dipo first round?? When there are so many established superstars available? I got him in the middle of the 2nd round and I'm perfectly fine with the value he's returning at that ADP. 

2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Why would anyone draft dipo first round?? When there are so many established superstars available? I got him in the middle of the 2nd round and I'm perfectly fine with the value he's returning at that ADP. 

12 teams standard, Dipo was being drafted 11-15 range

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

12 teams standard, Dipo was being drafted 11-15 range

Pretty sure like 98 percent of normal leagues drafted Dipo in this range. But it sure does feel great to shame straw men so we can feel superior to them!!

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, fabrar said:

If dipo was drafted in the middle of 2nd round in your league, then your league is a joke. No need to brag about getting him in a middle of 2nd if you’re playing in yahoo public league or a league with monkeys..which is what it sounds like.

please list the players drafted above dipo so we can mock your joke league some more.

2 minutes ago, crocp said:

If dipo was drafted in the middle of 2nd round in your league, then your league is a joke. No need to brag about getting him in a middle of 2nd if you’re playing in yahoo public league or a league with monkeys..which is what it sounds like.

please list the players drafted above dipo so we can mock your joke league some more.

LOL sounds like you're taking fantasy basketball way too seriously bud. It's not that deep. Ben Simmons, embiid, kawhi and butler were drafted above dipo but I guess those established stars are "joke" players. 

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

LOL sounds like you're taking fantasy basketball way too seriously bud. It's not that deep. Ben Simmons, embiid, kawhi and butler were drafted above dipo but I guess those established stars are "joke" players. 

Simmons over Dipo LOL. That’s all I needed to hear...I now understand your comment and your league. Have a good season bro!

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, crocp said:

Simmons over Dipo LOL. That’s all I needed to hear...I now understand your comment and your league. Have a good season bro!

Settle dude, Depends on league stats etc. Simmons was drafted before Dipo in my league, but my league also has DD of which Simmons has now had 4 straight.

Edited by DamoESP
15 minutes ago, DamoESP said:

Settle dude, Depends on league stats etc. Simmons was drafted before Dipo in my league, but my league also has DD of which Simmons has now had 4 straight.

Even with DD turned on he’s not even ranked close to Dipo according on BBM (and this is dipo not even turning it on yet). Simmons cripples you in 4-5 cats every night. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

You’re all playing in joke leagues bc it sounds as if you’re playing snake instead of auction.  So there.  :rolleyes:

You take that back sir!

Anyway we're digressing - I think Dipo has been great so far except for the ft struggles. He's a career 80% free throw shooter, there's no way in hell he will continue shooting at 55% throughout the season. The steals seem to slowly increasing too so he'll be fine. It's less than 10 games. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, crocp said:

Even with DD turned on he’s not even ranked close to Dipo according on BBM (and this is dipo not even turning it on yet). Simmons cripples you in 4-5 cats every night. 

Fair point, but it's a little different in roto, you don't necessarily punt any cats and Simmons is very strong in this format. 

9 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Fair point, but it's a little different in roto, you don't necessarily punt any cats and Simmons is very strong in this format. 

Fair..i dont play roto, but i do know punting is not a good strategy.

Actual value in standard 9-cat leagues is probably between 10 to 25.  Easy to justify if you drafted him in that range.  Inside the top 10,  then you might have reached.  Outside the top 25, then you might not be in a competitive league or your league has unique settings.

• Like 3