NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Shane Baz SP TB

kmoore1521

I think Patino gets first crack at that spot.

He looked very good in his sss earlier this season and Baz was just promoted yesterday to AAA.

Patino has earned at least a chance and I think TB wants to get a look at how Baz handles AAA before they consider bringing him to the bigs.

It'd be different if the Rays had no other options but their SP cupboard is pretty full. If any team can roll with this gutpunch, they can.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

How many more starts with Durham before the Rays realize it is time. 

my guess is that they are waiting for him to get blown up in a couple starts so they can restart his development.

i say June of 2023

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, fbplayer03 said:

Any comps? 

Anybody rank him as the top arm in monors?

I got him Grayson Rodriguez and Edward Cabrera. Anybody else have a top 3?  Can he be a #1 or 2 next year? 

No.  Not a MLB 1 or 2.

Look to McC as a guide for how the Rays will incorporate him.

14 hours ago, treat88 said:

No.  Not a MLB 1 or 2.

Look to McC as a guide for how the Rays will incorporate him.

Baz could be the Rays 1 or 2 personally. But how they will incorporate him is spot on. McC is finally getting stretched out. Baz is more probably a 2022 for the rotation, if called up im seeing him in the pen.

21 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Baz could be the Rays 1 or 2 personally. But how they will incorporate him is spot on. McC is finally getting stretched out. Baz is more probably a 2022 for the rotation, if called up im seeing him in the pen.

if he continues to dominate theres no question he will be called up to start

36 minutes ago, StartYourStuds said:

if he continues to dominate theres no question he will be called up to start

someone who follows the Rays truly does hope they will, but the Rays wont do it. It will take a complete meltdown for them. It took them how long to bring up Franco? Patino who has done well in the minors still is down in the minors. Baz, Patino, McC is going to be a great 2022 rotation.

1 hour ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

I agree that he can absolutely become a 1 or a 2, but read your statement as asking if he might perform like that next year.  Its coming but not quite that quickly IMO.

4 hours ago, fbplayer03 said:

Dynasty league - Baz or Grayson Rodriguez? 

Love both, two of the best pitching prospects out there. Baz has a closer proximity to the majors, better shot at wins. Grayson has truly electric stuff and before this year's performance by Baz I think most scouts would have said that Grayson's command was better.

I'd love to have either in dynasty. I'd probably lean Rodriguez but I'm also an O's fan.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fbplayer03 said:

Dynasty league - Baz or Grayson Rodriguez? 

all things being equal I'd go with Grayson too especially in QS leagues which I'm in.  Baltimore will let him start since they need anyone they can find to join John Means as a starter. 

Meanwhile even God doesn't know what Kevin Cash will do with any TB pitcher on any given day. 

In other words location, location, location as they say in real estate.  So my personal preference is to take the bad club with the traditional starter role over the good club with the starter/opener/bulker/closer/whateverer which isn't good for my stats and can mess with a pitcher's head I believe.

• Like 1

I think they leave him in Durham til their playoff run is over. They can always add him to their MLB playoff roster after an extra guy likes Brett Phillips gets hurt and goes DL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So is anyone in redraft/keeper stashing him? 

Gold medal game is on Saturday and I saw a blurb on razzball that stated he *should* be up shortly after (lets assume the USA makes it that far).

Will there be a quarantine period?  Anyone know?