NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook

14 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

The Wolves screwed themselves when they resigned Wiggins.  The dude doesn't play defense, doesn't hustle, and isn't even an efficient scorer.  He had massive potential as a rookie and did nothing to develop it.  If I were Butler, I would want out too.  He could be an all-star player in a major market netting near max dollars with supplemental merch contracts.  I doubt he stays with the Wolves through the season.  

I doubt he stays through the season either. If the Wolves could trade him to the worst team in the NBA would be great but I have a feeling the Wolves are that team.

But it still sounds like it is all about the money. The contract the Wolves offered was mid-July and Butler said it was a good offer and after KAT signed his all of a sudden Butler was being disrespected.

Being a person with a strange sense of humor I drafted KAT and paired him with Butler. I'll laugh every time I set lineups.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jimmy Butler (strained groin) did not participate in practice on Tuesday and is doubtful for Wednesday's game vs. Brooklyn. Advice: Butler injured his groin in the first quarter of Monday's game

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Being a person with a strange sense of humor I drafted KAT and paired him with Butler. I'll laugh every time I set lineups.

Yahoo auto draft ironically drafted both butler and KAT for me

Im hesistant to trade either away because i find it hilarious to own them both given the situation

2 hours ago, Low and Away said:

I doubt he stays through the season either. If the Wolves could trade him to the worst team in the NBA would be great but I have a feeling the Wolves are that team.

But it still sounds like it is all about the money. The contract the Wolves offered was mid-July and Butler said it was a good offer and after KAT signed his all of a sudden Butler was being disrespected.

LMAOOO you a clown! But either way Jimmy Buckets should be getting his numbers.

BBM had him at #11 in per game value last year (#8 in AST punts).  We all know Jimmy's playing for his next contract and showcasing the skills to expedite a trade. 

This will be fun to watch.  Yeah, who needs WWE when the NBA can deliver this kind of drama?  

Having paired him with KAT, it will be a happy day when Jimmy gets traded.  

Edited by 80version
On 15/10/2018 at 2:49 AM, Portis4Potus said:

Seriously. I’m surprised they don’t do this. Superstars get treated like the most spoiled little princes’s ever. I thought the same thing when kyrie wanted out of cleveland. I mean, they got 0 out of that trade anyways. At least bench him for a few months. Itl cause more buzz around his name and it’s not like players like jimmy or kyrie are going to lose value in their prime cus of a little benchin. I say teach em a lesson. 

Benching Butler for an entire season maybe would cost him less money next summer after a season without playing 

this would be the best revenge possible for Wolves gm

21 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Benching Butler for an entire season maybe would cost him less money next summer after a season without playing 

this would be the best revenge possible for Wolves gm

This will be a huge problem in the dressing room and can easily get out of hands. Other players will start to take sides and the media will rip them apart 24/7.

Keeping Butler intentionally on the bench will only worsen things up. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a monster year. Hopefully he wants to make a point so lets see. Although he was very inconsistent with his demands. He said he is a competitor and wants to compete, yet chooses LAC, BKN and NYK as potential trade spots lol

Edited by atlantadynasty
  • Haha 1
46 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

I'm hoping for a monster year. Hopefully he wants to make a point so lets see. Although he was very inconsistent with his demands. He said he is a competitor and wants to compete, yet chooses LAC, BKN and NYK as potential trade spots lol

I think he makes 2/3 of those teams playoff teams due to how weak the east is.  My guess is he thinks he can get them to the playoffs and attract a big-name free agent next year.   

21 hours ago, dekciw_1 said:

This will be a huge problem in the dressing room and can easily get out of hands. Other players will start to take sides and the media will rip them apart 24/7.

Keeping Butler intentionally on the bench will only worsen things up. 

Agreed.  The TWolves are in the business of winning basketball games or improving their chances to win games in the future.  They're not in the business of teaching grown men lessons on how to conduct themselves.  At this point both parties just want to get the most possible out of the separation.  I bet Thibs gives JB all the minutes he can handle to showcase him for trade and JB probably keeps it cool so long as mgmt demonstrates that they're doing their part to move him.

2 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

That's the definition of a true competitor to me. Be the franchise leader and take them to another level to compete with the big dogs. Do you think joining another super team makes him a competitor? lol

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, KuramaHiei said:

That's the definition of a true competitor to me. Be the franchise leader and take them to another level to compete with the big dogs. Do you think joining another super team makes him a competitor? lol

I would totally be on board with that if it wasn’t three big market teams that coincidentally will have cap room to max him. Edit: and three spots that can max another star or in the case of the Knicks already have one.

If he had said Sacramento or Phoenix, ok, yeah, true competitor. No, it was those three spots because they can pay him.

He might be annoyed with Towns/Wiggins, but this is primarily about being paid and not competition.

Edited by Tekno Team 2000
53 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Tom Thibodeau said that Jimmy Butler will probably play in "shorter segments" during Wednesday's regular-season opener against the Spurs.

Expect around 38 min not his usual 40+.

darn.

I rolled with him in Draft.com tonight because I figured he'd play with something to prove.

Hope "shorter segments" means "35+ total minutes" somehow.