NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook

19 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

He was fine in Chicago, knows this front office is a joke, so cancerous to this already joke franchise sure, their stars are in fact soft hence why they always disappoint

I'm not going to call him a diva, cancer, etc until he acts like this on a real team , this isnt the same as Kawhi situation where he came out and said who he wanting to play for hence crippling the teams ability to trade, like i said dude just wants to win and see's that KAT wiggins etc are not going to get him there

He's paid to go out there and compete.  Even if he thinks the front office is a joke, it is not up to him to make that determination and embarrass the team, players, and coaches.  This is twice now and it's a noticeable trend.  You might feel he is correct in calling out the front office of these organizations and I'm pretty sure he's right but at the end of the day, they are the ones who are going to sign his contract and sign his checks.  Even if he's an amazing player, there is a high chance he's going to ruin the locker room and cause more drama.

Look at Boogie Cousins, amazing talent and a top center in the league but his attitude got him kicked out of the kings and ultimately out of the pelicans.  Both franchises are now better without him.

Edited by Fantasyscrub
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jimmy Butler (strained groin) did not participate in practice on Tuesday and is doubtful for Wednesday's game vs. Brooklyn. Advice: Butler injured his groin in the first quarter of Monday's game

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Except he literally did just that, asked to be traded to Brooklyn or Miami (and some other team).  I can't remember but it was a short list

Nah he requested to be traded

then informed them of his preferred destinations, totally diff from kawhi saying who he is going to try to sign with once a FA

According to Sam Amick of The Athletic, Jimmy Butler and his representatives "are increasingly frustrated with Minnesota’s handling of trade talks."

Butler is also questioning if the Wolves "are truly trying to find a deal." Amick notes that nearly half the NBA has varying interests in Butler, but Minnesota's asking price is still "far too high." The Wolves have made it clear that they won't rush into a deal they don't like, so there's no telling when a trade will go down

"Nearly Half the NBA" and if you dig into more articles there were "reports" of clippers and even the cavs asking about his price

just dig around im not pasting a bunch of articles but he has been very open to going to any team
5 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

He's paid to go out there and compete.  Even if he thinks the front office is a joke, it is not up to him to make that determination and embarrass the team, players, and coaches.  This is twice now and it's a noticeable trend.  You might feel he is correct in calling out the front office of these organizations and I'm pretty sure he's right but at the end of the day, they are the ones who are going to sign his contract and sign his checks.  Even if he's an amazing player, there is a high chance he's going to ruin the locker room and cause more drama.

Look at Boogie Cousins, amazing talent and a top center in the league but his attitude got him kicked out of the kings and ultimately out of the pelicans.  Both franchises are now better without him.

100% agree he is there to play and he has been playing very well actually, im sure he feels they arent actually trying to trade him, but regardless just because this front office is causing him to act like this doesnt mean hes a headcase like Cousins thats a bit of a reach for comparison imo because as said, this is the first time hes had really much of a diva tag on him to my knowledge and again all in my opinion his actions are merited atm until he starts sitting out games on his own accord

Edited by kmoore1521

How is he a cancer? He voices his opinion about KAT being soft and the team no wanting to win. He says the organization is trash and requests to be traded, he goes out there and plays games still and helps them win games. I don’t see the problem.

11 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

...and ended up on what might be the greatest team in NBA history. Let that be a lesson to all you kids hoping to play professional basketball lol

• Haha 4
26 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

???

His attitude didn't get him kicked out of NO, they all got along swimmingly.  Only he got injured and they didn't want to pay such a hefty price tag for an injured player who may never be the same.  A logical decision I might add.

Furthermore, saying his attitude got him kicked out of SacTown is like saying someone was too cheery for Satan and their attitude got them kicked out of hell....

Fam he claims he's not protesting. ?

So his body is "hurting" 8 games into the season? No need to lie Butler. Your representatives aren't being discreet with your problems within the office either.

Edited by ejaggit
Elaborate
22 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

Fam he claims he's not protesting. ?

So his body is "hurting" 8 games into the season? No need to lie Butler. Your representatives aren't being discreet with your problems within the office either.

He missed training camp and Thibs plays him around 34 mins, 36 last game. Butler is basically protecting himself from injury.

Edited by RipCity0
Just now, RipCity0 said:

He missed training camp and Things plays him around 34 mins, 36 last game. Butler is basically protecting himself from injury.

yeah I''d rather he misses 10 games throughout the season for "rest" purposes rather than getting burned out

38 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

I’m trying to buy low in my other league. I think wherever he goes he’ll be first roundish 

he will but if it doesn't happen soon he could have no value for the time being if he sits most of the games

Wherever jimmy goes, he’s gonna do fine. Guy is ranked 3rd standard when Kat supposed to be top 3. He’s got that mj mentality and expects the best out of his team. I’ve been floating offers for jimmy n snagged him for roco and levert. So yeah def Buy low. He will be worth it for end game

Edited by willkoo
4 minutes ago, willkoo said:

Wherever jimmy goes, he’s gonna do fine. Guy is ranked 3rd standard when Kat supposed to be top 3. He’s got that mj mentality and expects the best out of his team. I’ve been floating offers for jimmy n snagged him for roco and levert. So yeah def Buy low. He will be worth it for end game

Gross

• Haha 3

Is it really his choice whether he stays or not?

Must be a blow to his ego though when the T-Wolves win while he pouts on the bench for a "rest" day. Coincidence but I have Butler on one team out of three and that team is the only one with a losing record.

12 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Is it really his choice whether he stays or not?

Must be a blow to his ego though when the T-Wolves win while he pouts on the bench for a "rest" day. Coincidence but I have Butler on one team out of three and that team is the only one with a losing record.

lol per game value, butler is top 10 fantasy player so no, it's not a coincidence