NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jimmy Butler (strained groin) did not participate in practice on Tuesday and is doubtful for Wednesday's game vs. Brooklyn. Advice: Butler injured his groin in the first quarter of Monday's game

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, hoop said:

I’m actually hesitant to attempt buying Jimmy low bc idk wtf the front office is doing, lol. I’m imagining Jimmy somehow staying on the Twolves the entire ROS and just playing every other game, lol

Well i just got offered Butler. And i’m very tempted to accept despite the uncertainties.

9 minutes ago, seeL said:

Well i just got offered Butler. And i’m very tempted to accept despite the uncertainties.

for who?

A lot of players are sitting in back to back games. Butler played 60 games last year so I'm guessing he is trying to keep himself healthy (hoping at least)

Edited by atlantadynasty
On 3.11.2018 at 8:45 PM, Taipan said:

I live in Minny and we just want this ungrateful POS gone already. Watching that game last night, I did not see him pass the ball once to KAT and I strongly believe there is still a lot of animosity between those two. I honestly don’t carr if all Minnesota gets is 50 cents on the dollar, just get him outta here ASAP.

The crowd should booo at him every time he has the ball in his hands. Maybe thats the only way the front office realizes that he has to get traded asap...

• Like 2

This guy is killing me with these days off , is there something they can do to not pay him if he refuses to play, he can't fake an injury every time they have back to back games. Where is the invisible commissioner, bring back Stern this guy is a wimp, gives the players whatever they want

13 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

This guy is killing me with these days off , is there something they can do to not pay him if he refuses to play, he can't fake an injury every time they have back to back games. Where is the invisible commissioner, bring back Stern this guy is a wimp, gives the players whatever they want

Ban him. He thinks he's better then he is anyways. He is doing nothing good for the league. This will cut this s--- out in the future. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, blob2004 said:

I’ve rejected offers of Kemba and PG13 for this guy

I would have jumped all over the PG13 offer.  He's a solid top-15 guy.  So is Jimmy.  But PG has less injury risk and if Jimmy were to be traded to Houston, I think he's more of a 20-25 guy rather than the top-15 guy he is currently.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, blob2004 said:

I’ve rejected offers of Kemba and PG13 for this guy...hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite me.

Between Butler, CP3 and Teague, I’m losing players and losing games...

Why wouldn't you make either of those deals?

3 minutes ago, wildcat62 said:

Why wouldn't you make either of those deals?

I didn’t like Kemba due to lack of steals, and PG13 due to the horrid FG (and now ongoing foot issue), but maybe I’m just picky.

I feel this is the lowest Butler’s value will get, reminds me of the Bledsoe situation last year.

Edited by blob2004

I know fantasy basketball is a long game and you have to play with an eye for the second half of the season, but I would accept either of those offers in a heartbeat for Butler. My preference would be Kemba who is playing for a new contract and we all know how much of a motivation that is.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:40 PM, BoogieNights said:

Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, and Thaddeus Young is far from playing it perfect.  Overrated, bust, decent role player.  Not exactly a KG/Pierce heist that BOS pulled off.

On the surface, 4 first round picks looks juicy.  But what are the chances those actually turn into picks that are in the lottery?  Especially if Jimmy signs long-term in HOU.  As an above poster said, the talent level typically drops off after the lottery.  There are good players to be had in the 20's but they're completely hit or miss.  

Say we peg those picks at 22 overall.  37% of the draft is over at that point.  In the NFL, 37% of the draft occurs at the end of the 3rd-start of the 4th round.  That's a point in the draft where picks are usually hit or miss. 

Getting 4 first round picks that'll be in the mid 20's seems great because everyone, in every sport, overvalues draft picks but it's hardly a franchise-building or strengthening scenario.

The alternative was?

13 hours ago, seeL said:

Porter. Not redraft tho. Dynasty, contending.

13 hours ago, richg24 said:

accept before he cancels it

Terrible trade lol, especially in dynasty but I wouldn't even do that in redraft leagues.

12 hours ago, blob2004 said:

I’ve rejected offers of Kemba and PG13 for this guy...hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite me.

Between Butler, CP3 and Teague, I’m losing players and losing games...

why didn't you? value for value you could have gotten even and maybe win the trade by virtue of just having more games played with the player