Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jimmy Butler (strained groin) did not participate in practice on Tuesday and is doubtful for Wednesday's game vs. Brooklyn. Advice: Butler injured his groin in the first quarter of Monday's game

Posted Images

It was a blowout, he only played 25 minutes.  The same goes for the game before.  His stat line today wasnt that bad really.  I don't have any shares of Jimmy but I'd gladly take some.  He's their go to guy in the clutch and I'd imagine when Philly is involved in close games he'll be putting up some nice lines again.

Edited by nyfresh1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only major risk to his ROS value is that there are so many garbage teams in the east that every second or third game is a blow out and he winds up averaging around 30 mpg rather than 34-35.

 

However his efficiency and defensive stats mean that even if his other stats drop as a result, he still posts elite value. I think he winds up finishing with mid second round per-game value which is roughly where you drafted him. If he stays healthy for once then even better, especially with all the injuries to 2nd round guys like Love, CP3, Dipo, Westbrook, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Traded him the same day the TWolves did. Did a 1-1 for Curry and since Curry went on the DL almost the same day took a beating on the trade. Tonight hopefully things change.

 

Was just tired of general soreness and the drama he was providing on a daily basis. Won't surprise me to see it happening again with the 76ers

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Low and Away said:

Traded him the same day the TWolves did. Did a 1-1 for Curry and since Curry went on the DL almost the same day took a beating on the trade. Tonight hopefully things change.

 

Was just tired of general soreness and the drama he was providing on a daily basis. Won't surprise me to see it happening again with the 76ers

 

 

wtf? Curry for Butler straight up? wow...

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

He is no three point shooter.

 

I'm so bummed by his line last night. Is it too late to trade back Vic Oladipo? Just horrible being stuck with Jimmy No-Buckets rest of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, csklmf said:

Has been quite inefficient scoring. I don't get it. I thought him and JJ Redick are the only two reliable outside shooters. 

 

 

He had a rough shooting week, but he's still ranked 17th over the last 2 weeks.  Not sure why he couldnt keep this up for the rest of the season.  Everyone goes through shooting slumps, even the great ones.   

 Not an owner but would be interested in hearing what you guys would sell him for.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nyfresh1 said:

 

 

He had a rough shooting week, but he's still ranked 17th over the last 2 weeks.  Not sure why he couldnt keep this up for the rest of the season.  Everyone goes through shooting slumps, even the great ones.   

 Not an owner but would be interested in hearing what you guys would sell him for.  

I'm an owner.  Didn't draft him, bought low from a panicked owner.  I value him as a second round pick or auction equivalent which is around $40.  I'd need a SG eligible player back as I have a very good roto team and don't want to shake things up too much.  I'd look to trade up not, down personally.  So I would try to trade my Butler + mid-tier piece for someone like Irving.  Or if trading down, I'd trade my Butler for your Klay + someone reasonable in the top 75.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I'm an owner.  Didn't draft him, bought low from a panicked owner.  I value him as a second round pick or auction equivalent which is around $40.  I'd need a SG eligible player back as I have a very good roto team and don't want to shake things up too much.  I'd look to trade up not, down personally.  So I would try to trade my Butler + mid-tier piece for someone like Irving.  Or if trading down, I'd trade my Butler for your Klay + someone reasonable in the top 75.

  I also think he'll return 2nd round value and after reading some of the posts here after this week I got to thinking if he would be a good buy low.  Appreciate the feedback.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I'm an owner.  Didn't draft him, bought low from a panicked owner.  I value him as a second round pick or auction equivalent which is around $40.  I'd need a SG eligible player back as I have a very good roto team and don't want to shake things up too much.  I'd look to trade up not, down personally.  So I would try to trade my Butler + mid-tier piece for someone like Irving.  Or if trading down, I'd trade my Butler for your Klay + someone reasonable in the top 75.

 

Klay was barely a top 75 player without Curry, Draymond or Boogie, sounds like a great sell extremely low opportunity.

Edited by JStyles
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, JStyles said:

 

Klay was barely a top 75 player without Curry, Draymond or Boogie, sounds like a great sell extremely low opportunity.

?

 

Klay is top 50 on the season.  Listened to a podcast recently that argued Klay's stats have remained the same but his z score has dropped as 3's become less scarce.  Realistically  it would take at least Klay + another top 50 player.  Two top 50 players for a top 25 player isn't bad, depending on team needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2018 at 11:47 PM, cking10 said:

All in on big dick butler rest of season, you’re kidding yourself if you think this trade puts him outside top 25 

We really just gonna gloss over this post and not say anything 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...