NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Just now, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Yes Finals Contender with Two Headcases (Whiteside & Butler)

and a retirement tour Wade:lol:

Can't disagree about Whiteside. He's a bum, but a capable bum. Enough to get the job done.

The disrespect tho.  He's gonna pull out all the stops. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jimmy Butler (strained groin) did not participate in practice on Tuesday and is doubtful for Wednesday's game vs. Brooklyn. Advice: Butler injured his groin in the first quarter of Monday's game

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

So then you are picking him in the 2nd...cause except right at the turn those guys aren't going to be there

35 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

#TeamButler

In Many drafts, at the end of round 1. Dipo, Embiid and Kawhi are all gone. PG goes next 2 picks, so you going to wait until round 3? If he is there round 3, your league is trash.

Never said I was totally against picking him. I don’t know where I am going to pick yet so to clarify if given the chance hypothetically I would pick them ahead of him.

I also never anything about him being there in the 3rd to pick. He won’t be. I only play in a 10 team league each year so I am pretty sure most of the guys I named will be there in the 2nd with Simmons, Drummond, Lowry (who my brother loves so pretty sure he will be picking him again), etc.

It’s not a forgone conclusion that if I was mid 2nd pick I won’t be able to get one of the guys I named over Butler.

I know we're talking about "practice" but that report that came across today has an entertainment value of 10. This dude shows up talking sht and grabs the 4 worst players on the team and they ran the 1st team off the court. And he was yelling at the GM who was watching and he was yelling at the coach that they need him while he was doing it. Then he basically dropped the Mic and left the court after the scrimmage was over? 

That some quality stuff right there. 

• Like 4

If I’m Minnesota this makes y’all look like a worse ran organization than the Kings, and the Kings have never in the last 10 years have had anybody as close as the talent as the Timberwolves had (Minus Cousins). How do you mess up having Butler, Wiggins and Towns.

1 minute ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

If I’m Minnesota this makes y’all look like a worse ran organization than the Kings, and the Kings have never in the last 10 years have had anybody as close as the talent as the Timberwolves had (Minus Cousins). How do you mess up having Butler, Wiggins and Towns.

Because the Kings keep screwing up their chances at having talent of that caliber in the first place. But they’ve also never made a hiring decision as bad as making Thibs their GM AND Coach so I guess its a tossup. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

If I’m Thibs. The fact that my starters got beat by a bunch of 3rd stringers. I’m trading my starters and Playing my 3rd stringers.

who the 3rd stringers: Rose, Dieng, & Bjenlca

If I'm Thibs I'm showing this scrim to other GMs for max trade value.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
7 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

I know we're talking about "practice" but that report that came across today has an entertainment value of 10. This dude shows up talking sht and grabs the 4 worst players on the team and they ran the 1st team off the court. And he was yelling at the GM who was watching and he was yelling at the coach that they need him while he was doing it. Then he basically dropped the Mic and left the court after the scrimmage was over? 

That some quality stuff right there. 

Not only that, but seemingly right after his mic drop exit, he gets dressed and does an interview with Rachel Nichols where he basically s--- talks KAT for being soft, and does the whole sorry-not-sorry routine, apologizing for being too honest. I own Jimmy in one league and the entertainment factor alone makes him an interesting player to have. 

6 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

He's more likely to play 60 something games than 70.  I'd rather he be someone else's problem.  

Flipside of that coin is Jimmy wants a max deal in 2019 and is going to ball out this season and play through minor knocks.  Money is an incredible motivator.

• Like 1

Butler's a pretty big d-bag for acting this way and the Wolves are morons for not getting a trade done already.  They should have made the deal with Miami for Richardson and Bam.  Also, pretty crazy that HOU turned down a deal for Butler because they didn't want to give up PJ Tucker....

Bottom-line for fantasy value is that I think Butler's a nice guy to target.  He's a proven top 15 guy and you're likely going to get a discount because of all the drama and uncertainty.  He will produce wherever he goes.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Butler's a pretty big d-bag for acting this way and the Wolves are morons for not getting a trade done already.  They should have made the deal with Miami for Richardson and Bam.  Also, pretty crazy that HOU turned down a deal for Butler because they didn't want to give up PJ Tucker....

Bottom-line for fantasy value is that I think Butler's a nice guy to target.  He's a proven top 15 guy and you're likely going to get a discount because of all the drama and uncertainty.  He will produce wherever he goes.

Butler wants a max deal next season and Houston simply can't afford it. 3 40-Mil players on one team is crazy.

4 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

Butler wants a max deal next season and Houston simply can't afford it. 3 40-Mil players on one team is crazy.

I understand and it would mean HOU going for it all this year with a core of Harden, CP3, Butler, Capela & Melo.  Plus, they would still have a solid bench with Ennis, MCW, BKnight, Chriss, Nene and Gerald Green.  If you can't win with that group, it's never gonna happen...

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

I find that hilarious. Tucker is valued more than Butler. I mean it makes sense because Tucker can play positions 3-5 especially the 5 in very small ball applications, but still. If someone offered me Butler for Tucker, I’m taking it.

I don't have a subscription to the Athletic, but according to Shams:

He jumped into the fray, grabbing several members of the third team such as Luol Deng, James Nunnally and two-way player Jared Terrell to go against Karl-Anthony Towns, Andrew Wiggins and some of the higher-profile Wolves players. He challenged them, like he has so often since he first came to town. He talked trash to the young Wolves and the old Wolves, spewed venom toward head coach Tom Thibodeau and GM Scott Layden, as ESPN first reported.

https://theathletic.com/580655/2018/10/11/jimmy-butler-return-timberwolves-chaos-tom-thibodeau-trade-request/

I have Jimmy as a keeper and this is just amazing and surreal. I really hope that the Heat are still in play for a trade though.

Edited by SirMixalot