Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, XOrad10 said:

 

 

What a Gong Show...Glen Taylor is going to absolutely clean house after this season.  The GM & Thibs have totally lost control of the situation.  Butler's acting like an A-hole as well and should be away from the team (similar to the Bledsoe situation last season).  The fact that they are letting him in the locker room to potentially poison this team is absurd...  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jimmy Butler (strained groin) did not participate in practice on Tuesday and is doubtful for Wednesday's game vs. Brooklyn. Advice: Butler injured his groin in the first quarter of Monday's game

Posted Images

I just don't understand why they let him enter the workouts with the rest of the team or organize this kind of meetings without the management 

If I were the Wolves organization, with his trade value under the zero, I'd keep him all season without playing a single game just to give a lesson to this kind of players 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

I just don't understand why they let him enter the workouts with the rest of the team or organize this kind of meetings without the management 

If I were the Wolves organization, with his trade value under the zero, I'd keep him all season without playing a single game just to give a lesson to this kind of players 

 

Teague apparantely said the meeting was fake news. 

 

Would you really choose to send a message over getting Richardson and a pick (or whatever the heat we’re offering)?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat Riley called Thibs a mother fer. They apparently had a deal in place, physicals were done then Thibs phoned back and said take Dieng and his bad contract too, Riley called him a mother f er and hung up.

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2800408-report-pat-riley-called-tom-thibodeau-motherf-ker-in-jimmy-butler-trade-talk

Edited by turner46
adding link
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Pat Riley called Thibs a mother fer. They apparently had a deal in place, physicals were done then Thibs phoned back and said take Dieng and his bad contract too, Riley called him a mother f er and hung up.

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2800408-report-pat-riley-called-tom-thibodeau-motherf-ker-in-jimmy-butler-trade-talk

that's ****** up. thinking about it, if im taking waiters, 1rd pick is not enough for that bum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, flippy said:

that's ****** up. thinking about it, if im taking waiters, 1rd pick is not enough for that bum.

 

I just looked and Waiters has this year and 2 more on the books so he's a ugly asset.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, driss lol said:

yea i really want to draft him and pair him with paul george.. i fear for the situation though, basically relying on him getting along with his teammates after all that was said and done, because a trade doesn't look to be happening. 

This is what I did in my 16 teamer today. Took PG and Butler and built around them. It was hard to take two swingmen with my first two picks as it's crucial to get bigs and elite guards early. Let's hope Jimmy plays with a massive chip on his shoulder. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, atlantadynasty said:

well done if you managed to get him late 2nd or even 3rd round cause people were worried about his situation


Still no idea what team he'll actually play on, or if he stays on the Twolves and "gets injured" like Kawhi.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 5:39 PM, LosingEffort said:

I just don't understand why they let him enter the workouts with the rest of the team or organize this kind of meetings without the management 

If I were the Wolves organization, with his trade value under the zero, I'd keep him all season without playing a single game just to give a lesson to this kind of players 

Seriously. I’m surprised they don’t do this. Superstars get treated like the most spoiled little princes’s ever. I thought the same thing when kyrie wanted out of cleveland. I mean, they got 0 out of that trade anyways. At least bench him for a few months. Itl cause more buzz around his name and it’s not like players like jimmy or kyrie are going to lose value in their prime cus of a little benchin. I say teach em a lesson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Seriously. I’m surprised they don’t do this. Superstars get treated like the most spoiled little princes’s ever. I thought the same thing when kyrie wanted out of cleveland. I mean, they got 0 out of that trade anyways. At least bench him for a few months. Itl cause more buzz around his name and it’s not like players like jimmy or kyrie are going to lose value in their prime cus of a little benchin. I say teach em a lesson. 

U guys obviously didn’t watch the interview he had after the incident. Dude is upset at the organization for treating him like he’s just a role player, Jimmy is the reason why the wolves made it to the playoff, have you seen KAT and Wiggins in playoffs they played like a bunch of headless chickens. Without Jimmy, wolves will not make it.

Let’s put it this way, u work with a group for a school project, you did 80 percent of the work, your project wins first place, your partners all get the same amount of prize money as you even though you did most of the work, how would you feel if that was the case? As a human being, you want to get recognize for the work you did, sure it’s a team thing but I damn sure want people to know I’m the reason that we won in the first place

Edited by Tyboogie
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tyboogie said:

U guys obviously didn’t watch the interview he had after the incident. Dude is upset at the organization for treating him like he’s just a role player, Jimmy is the reason why the wolves made it to the playoff, have you seen KAT and Wiggins in playoffs they played like a bunch of headless chickens. Without Jimmy, wolves will not make it.

Let’s put it this way, u work with a group for a school project, you did 80 percent of the work, your project wins first place, your partners all get the same amount of prize money as you even though you did most of the work, how would you feel if that was the case? As a human being, you want to get recognize for the work you did, sure it’s a team thing but I damn sure want people to know I’m the reason that we won in the first place

Agreed. Similar to how lebron raised Cleveland from the ashes when he got drafted. Instantly became a playoff team. Then left and they got the number one pick 3 times. When he returned, instant title contenders. 

 

The organization just just needs to put se respeck on jimmy’s name. The players as well. They need to match jimmy’s work ethic and intensity if they wanna get anywhere, especially the younger guys. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Tyboogie said:

U guys obviously didn’t watch the interview he had after the incident. Dude is upset at the organization for treating him like he’s just a role player, Jimmy is the reason why the wolves made it to the playoff, have you seen KAT and Wiggins in playoffs they played like a bunch of headless chickens. Without Jimmy, wolves will not make it.

Let’s put it this way, u work with a group for a school project, you did 80 percent of the work, your project wins first place, your partners all get the same amount of prize money as you even though you did most of the work, how would you feel if that was the case? As a human being, you want to get recognize for the work you did, sure it’s a team thing but I damn sure want people to know I’m the reason that we won in the first place

Oh for sure. I understand his frustration. I’m just suprised the organization doesn’t try to punish him at all after he’s yelling f you to the higher ups. If they’re planning on trading him anyways that might as well make sure the rest of their players know not to pull stuff like that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyboogie said:

U guys obviously didn’t watch the interview he had after the incident. Dude is upset at the organization for treating him like he’s just a role player, Jimmy is the reason why the wolves made it to the playoff, have you seen KAT and Wiggins in playoffs they played like a bunch of headless chickens. Without Jimmy, wolves will not make it.

Let’s put it this way, u work with a group for a school project, you did 80 percent of the work, your project wins first place, your partners all get the same amount of prize money as you even though you did most of the work, how would you feel if that was the case? As a human being, you want to get recognize for the work you did, sure it’s a team thing but I damn sure want people to know I’m the reason that we won in the first place

I had a different take after the interview. The Wolves had been telling him how much they valued him over and over. Towns signed a max extension about the time the story broke.  The Wolves had offered Butler 4 years at 110m. I don't know how basketball players age but he is 30 years old with a lot of mileage on his legs. Where the mileage came from is immaterial. 

 

He played 59 games last season and missed the last 15 games of the season in his only season in MN.  If he stayed in Mn would he have been enough of a player to draw other stars to play with him? We know he is no LeBron so comparing his value to a franchise seems slightly odd. 

 

Realistically if you were the Timberwolves which player would you offer a max contract extension? KAT (who will be 23 in November) or a 30 year old Butler? The Wiggens contract was bad though and a huge mistake. Whoever signs Butler to a max contract next summer will see it as a bad contract before it is over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

I had a different take after the interview. The Wolves had been telling him how much they valued him over and over. Towns signed a max extension about the time the story broke.  The Wolves had offered Butler 4 years at 110m. I don't know how basketball players age but he is 30 years old with a lot of mileage on his legs. Where the mileage came from is immaterial. 

 

He played 59 games last season and missed the last 15 games of the season in his only season in MN.  If he stayed in Mn would he have been enough of a player to draw other stars to play with him? We know he is no LeBron so comparing his value to a franchise seems slightly odd. 

 

Realistically if you were the Timberwolves which player would you offer a max contract extension? KAT (who will be 23 in November) or a 30 year old Butler? The Wiggens contract was bad though and a huge mistake. Whoever signs Butler to a max contract next summer will see it as a bad contract before it is over.


The Wolves screwed themselves when they resigned Wiggins.  The dude doesn't play defense, doesn't hustle, and isn't even an efficient scorer.  He had massive potential as a rookie and did nothing to develop it.  If I were Butler, I would want out too.  He could be an all-star player in a major market netting near max dollars with supplemental merch contracts.  I doubt he stays with the Wolves through the season.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got him late second, after the interview, you can just tell Butler wants to win and compete and wants to light a fire on the youngins. I'm excited to see whats going to happen and if he's going to stay or get traded. Regardless, Butler will put up good numbers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...