NBC Sports Edge Forums

Larry Nance Jr. 2018 Outlook

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Geniuses are often misunderstood when they are alive.   100 years from now, our grandkids’ grandkids will read about your trade in history books

I think people over analyze and spend way too much time planning out all of this punt this punt that. If you need a big man you probably want boards and possibly blocks and a good fg%. You should not

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, gymchamp said:

Does anyone know a site that tracks position stats accurately?

In Zach Lowe's awards post last year, he linked to a page that had players listed with the percentage of time spent defending each position (to argue than Bob Covington should be eligible for a 1st team all defensive guard slot). Pretty sure that guy doesn't have numbers for this season though, I looked a couple weeks ago. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

In Zach Lowe's awards post last year, he linked to a page that had players listed with the percentage of time spent defending each position (to argue than Bob Covington should be eligible for a 1st team all defensive guard slot). Pretty sure that guy doesn't have numbers for this season though, I looked a couple weeks ago. 

Found it. Thanks! Not updated for this season but still interesting to look at. Zach Lowe article is super interesting as well. Cheers

• Like 1

Is Siakam or something close to it Nance's ceiling? Just watched the Raps again & I've been thinking that Larry is capable of what Pascal is doing though just like Falcon to Cap, a bit slower.

Is his endurance or minutes limited due to Crohn's? I just hope his stint in Cleveland doesn't end up the way the same way as with the Lakers.

It's hard to imagine any team taking on TT or Love's contract right now to ensure his path to minutes beyond December.

8 minutes ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

Is Siakam or something close to it Nance's ceiling? Just watched the Raps again & I've been thinking that Larry is capable of what Pascal is doing though just like Falcon to Cap, a bit slower.

Is his endurance or minutes limited due to Crohn's? I just hope his stint in Cleveland doesn't end up the way the same way as with the Lakers.

It's hard to imagine any team taking on TT or Love's contract right now to ensure his path to minutes beyond December.

Not too far off. Larry's a little better of a passer. Won't score nearly as many points. They'll both probably shoot around 55% from the field ROS. Siakam is a league average free throw shooter too. Siakam is freakishly agile, too, but their real life playstyles aren't all that dissimilar. This isn't to take away from Nance though, Siakam is an extremely good player. 

On 11/27/2018 at 4:12 PM, miasma16 said:

You know, on a lot of stats sites, if you click the name of the stat, they'll sort the numbers for you so that even people like you can use them!

pTgknjM.jpg

Oh man, like on BBM:

image.thumb.png.21d5ceda986b8dc0a03b90d84a4b4cf0.png

plays like per minute trash right now..offensively limited, not explosive, and no defensive stats (as he tries to avoid foul trouble). Mostly standing outside and nobody even looks at him. Passing looks very mediocre and mostly passive/low usage at offensive end. Took only ONE shot entire first half, only 3-3-1 in 20 min. Not promising with this starting 4 opportunity.  

36 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

I dropped him for Dedmon, the coach hates him he barely got 8 minutes in first half and thats without Love and Dekker in the lineup, too much of a headache for me game to game. 

Bull****. He's been getting plenty of minutes recently and has been doing absolutely nothing with them. He's having a better game today than he has been in a while with less minutes. 

10 hours ago, justblazedawg said:

Bull****. He's been getting plenty of minutes recently and has been doing absolutely nothing with them. He's having a better game today than he has been in a while with less minutes. 

Thats because he played backup C in the last two and not as a stretch 4 like he did before...