NBC Sports Edge Forums

Larry Nance Jr. 2018 Outlook

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Geniuses are often misunderstood when they are alive.   100 years from now, our grandkids’ grandkids will read about your trade in history books

I think people over analyze and spend way too much time planning out all of this punt this punt that. If you need a big man you probably want boards and possibly blocks and a good fg%. You should not

Posted Images

Kudos to those who held through the low minutes, the will he/won’t he start moments and  the PF or C drama. I left a long time ago but now I feel like that kid in the house looking out the window watching the other kids have fun. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Do we think LNJ actually has a decent opportunity to lock down 25+ a night ROS, even with TT and Love in the line up? Larry Drew doesn't have a great track record.

After tonight's game, there is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be in the starting lineup getting 30+ minutes. TT should be relegated to the bench and the front court should be Nance and k love. 

But it's Larry Drew so who knows 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, fabrar said:

After tonight's game, there is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be in the starting lineup getting 30+ minutes. TT should be relegated to the bench and the front court should be Nance and k love. 

But it's Larry Drew so who knows 

Indeed, based on his recent play, logic dictates that when TT comes back, Nance should still be starting and getting increased minutes.

But let's harken back to earlier this season - Nance was dubbed as a building block of this young team and was given a big fat contract to play for. Logic dictated that Nance should be getting a consistent, increased role throughout the season. But look at what's happened. Larry Drew defies logic, and it took two frontcourt injuries for Nance to start carving out a starters' role on the team. Additionally, when TT was still around, he was outplaying Nance and rightfully earned his minutes over him.

So really, there's still a lot of uncertainty regarding what could happen when TT/Love comes back. Obviously, there are reasons to be excited, but expectations have to be tempered. It's likely he goes back to being a rollercoaster of a player to own as much as he carves out a consistent 25+ minute role ROS.

• Like 1

I feel like this happens every year for about 8 games. Last year he started for the Cavs for a few games too, and the year for the lakers. He would put up some really great numbers then get in foul trouble and/or benched for no apparent reasons

• Like 1

I'm going to be optimistic. He got a nice contract and is still really young and can clearly ball out. As everyone mentioned, there is uncertainty about his role when TT and Love return but he has given us and the coaching staff more than enough reason to keep him starting.

Worst case scenario, I'm sure most of us got him off the wire, so you can just drop and find someone else.