NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

31 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Yes, but his agent did open his mouth. So now teams know Davis will be gone either way and they also know he won't resign with them. Why would a team like the Blazers give up the farm for a guy they expect to leave? 

Pelicans only have leverage on one team (Lakers) and that is until the trade deadline. Lakers have pressure on them after screwing up the PG situation and with Celtics in the background. That's why the deal would get done because Pelicans damn well know every ounce of leverage they have is gone after the deadline. 

So, you think if AD is not traded to LA after the deadline, Celtics will not push for him? Or Knicks will not trade their 1st (if they win the lotto) for AD? Come on, that was said for Pacers and Spurs, that they have no leverage. And look what they got for them from another teams. Celtics need AD to re-sign Kyrie. They will give everything. Even Scalabrine! Knicks want KD as a FA, so they will give their pick, even if it is Zion, to get AD. One year with Kyrie and Stevens in sunny ECF or one year in biggest market with or without KD in same sunny ECF, can change many things. Just look at PG. Magic made big mistake, when stayed pat for PG, because LBJ will not get younger. The kids are not worth enough for AD and Kawhi was really long shot, because of Pop, but George was real possibility and must trade.

Edited by montanski
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was way ahead of my time. I was like Bruno Caboclo. 2 years away from being 2 years away.

It's not weird because he can actually play right now and it won't make the injury worse, but the finger is going to be very painful during the initial few days. The injury is technically a fracture,

If brow sits I’ll retire from fantasy basketball until the nba institutes a rule for this style of sh!t...   I spend my hard earned bucks to play in a competitive league only to be stabbed i

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

Davis is under contract after 2019/2020 season.  He cannot walk away and join Lakers before that, unless NO trades him to LA.

Any smart GM in the league will take best offer. And everyone knows that Boston  have best offer.  Almost everyone, I am not sure about Lakers fans.

LA can offer Lonzo, Kuzma, Zubac, Ingram + future draft picks (they will be basically worthless, LA with AD and LBJ is playoff team year after year). 

Boston can offer combination Tatum, Brown, Smart, Rozier + future draft picks.   And those draft picks are worth a fortune, potential franchise player (see details below).

According to the reports, Boston is willing to take a risk AD walking away after one year. 

If you are NO, what offer do you take?

If you are AD, do you go to LA and play with 36 year old LBJ on decline or stay in Boston with team on the rise?

2019 first round draft pick from L.A. Clippers
L.A. Clippers' 1st round pick to Boston (via Memphis) protected for selections 1-14 in 2019 and 1-14 in 2020; if the L.A. Clippers have not conveyed a 1st round pick to Boston by 2020, then the L.A. Clippers will instead convey their 2022 2nd round pick to Boston [L.A. Clippers-Memphis, 2/18/2016; Boston-Memphis, 6/23/2016]

2019 first round draft pick from Memphis
Memphis' 1st round pick to Boston protected for selections 1-8 in 2019 and 1-6 in 2020 and unprotected in 2021 [Boston-Memphis-New Orleans, 1/12/2015]

2019 first round draft pick from Philadelphia or Sacramento
Boston will receive the more favorable of Philadelphia's 2019 1st round pick protected for selection 1 and Sacramento's 2019 1st round pick (via Philadelphia) protected for selection 1 and Philadelphia will receive the less favorable or the protected of these two picks [Philadelphia-Sacramento, 7/9/2015; Boston-Philadelphia, 6/19/2017]

That is the reality - except Rozier - he is FA and rumors are, that he will be traded next week. Don`t forget Zion, if Knicks win the lottery, their package looks way different than today`s (which is laughable).

9 minutes ago, montanski said:

That is the reality - except Rozier - he is FA and rumors are, that he will be traded next week. Don`t forget Zion, if Knicks win the lottery, their package looks way different than today`s (which is laughable).

what exactly would todays offer be from us?

first pick and who?

Just now, lacit1707 said:

what exactly would todays offer be from us?

first pick and who?

I readed few scenarios:

Porzingis, THJ and the 1st

Porzingis, Ntilikina, Kanter and the 1st

and there was some combination without Porzingis - Mitchell, Knox, Ntilikina and the 1st (+salary matches both sides).

By the way, if i am GM of the Pels i will get the Knicks offer, if they are 1st and choose Zion, but right before 1st july, when the Knicks will be in hurry for the chase of KD.

1 minute ago, HispasianTuna said:

The obvious is that the Knicks wouldn't offer Porzingod. Knox/Kanter/1st round pick? 

The early reports were without him, but recent include him. Even with potential N1, NOLA will want Porzingod. Look, if they are sure that KD will go to them, they will give everything for AD. The problem is that we don`t know what they know :lol:.

Just now, HispasianTuna said:

If I was New York, the plan is to keep Porzingas and if they go after KD, AD/KD/Porzingas. Also if there's a guarantee if their pick is going to land them Zion. So essentially Zion/Knox/Kanter's expiring would be enticing for AD. 

The problem is Kanter will not be on that team, when Knicks will know, if they get the 1st pick. He is FA and possible buy out candidate. So, in the draft night for example, it would be THJ`s awful contract the salary match. Pels will want Porzingod to get him, because when Knicks unload him, will create cap space for KD. That`s the elephant in the room. Too many ifs, by the way...

We really don't know what Boston is offering yet until the summer. Things can change till then if AD isn't dealt to LA already. Ainge says he's willing to throw a huge package for AD, but who knows what will happen. I think their offer will depend on what Kyrie does. 

Just now, Gile Pile said:

How are those offers comparing to Boston's offer?

Depends what Boston`s offer will be :lol:. There is no "source" from them, but i guess Tatum, Brown, Horford and one of their draftees this year + Memphis pick for AD and Hill. Tatum+Memphis pick (which can be first in 2021) will def. be the start of the negotiations.

Just now, HispasianTuna said:

We really don't know what Boston is offering yet until the summer. Things can change till then if AD isn't dealt to LA already. Ainge says he's willing to throw a huge package for AD, but who knows what will happen. I think their offer will depend on what Kyrie does. 

And Kyrie will wait for Ainge`s decision on AD. So, Ainge like Magic now, has no choice, but to be very, very aggressive.

2 minutes ago, montanski said:

Depends what Boston`s offer will be :lol:. There is no "source" from them, but i guess Tatum, Brown, Horford and one of their draftees this year + Memphis pick for AD and Hill. Tatum+Memphis pick (which can be first in 2021) will def. be the start of the negotiations.

And Kyrie will wait for Ainge`s decision on AD. So, Ainge like Magic now, has no choice, but to be very, very aggressive.

That's a tough spot for Ainge lol. Convince a trade for AD, AD still tells Kyrie he's going to LA regardless if Kyrie resigns in Boston. Kyrie doesn't resign. Then you ultimately lose Kyrie/AD and the core you traded for AD. Boston ends up with Smart/Morris/Hayward/Horford at best :P

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, HispasianTuna said:

That's a tough spot for Ainge lol. Convince a trade for AD, AD still tells Kyrie he's going to LA regardless if Kyrie resigns in Boston. Kyrie doesn't resign. Then you ultimately lose Kyrie/AD and the core you traded for AD. Boston ends up with Smart/Morris/Hayward/Horford at best :P

I want to see Simmons` face in that scenario, but i doubt Kyrie will not re-sign with AD on board. It`s just the ECF and with them Celtics will be in the finals, easily. Whether they can win the finals, is another question :D.

2 hours ago, montanski said:

So, you think if AD is not traded to LA after the deadline, Celtics will not push for him? Or Knicks will not trade their 1st (if they win the lotto) for AD? Come on, that was said for Pacers and Spurs, that they have no leverage. And look what they got for them from another teams. Celtics need AD to re-sign Kyrie. They will give everything. Even Scalabrine! Knicks want KD as a FA, so they will give their pick, even if it is Zion, to get AD. One year with Kyrie and Stevens in sunny ECF or one year in biggest market with or without KD in same sunny ECF, can change many things. Just look at PG. Magic made big mistake, when stayed pat for PG, because LBJ will not get younger. The kids are not worth enough for AD and Kawhi was really long shot, because of Pop, but George was real possibility and must trade.

Not trading for George was one of the biggest GM screw ups I’ve seen. 

• Like 2

Alvin Gentry would not commit to Anthony Davis (finger) playing again for the Pelicans this season.

When asked if AD would play again for New Orleans once healthy, Gentry responded: "That's a hard question to answer." At the very least, it sounds like Davis won't play again until after the trade deadline (Feb. 7), and if he remains in New Orleans, he'll certainly be a shutdown candidate if they fall out of the playoff hunt. Davis' value is at a low point right now, so owners should probably just hang on for the time being.

• Like 1
Just now, DezedandConfused said:

Alvin Gentry would not commit to Anthony Davis (finger) playing again for the Pelicans this season.

When asked if AD would play again for New Orleans once healthy, Gentry responded: "That's a hard question to answer." At the very least, it sounds like Davis won't play again until after the trade deadline (Feb. 7), and if he remains in New Orleans, he'll certainly be a shutdown candidate if they fall out of the playoff hunt. Davis' value is at a low point right now, so owners should probably just hang on for the time being.

That is not the update I wanted to see. Previous report said that he plans to play and that Gentry said AD is a professional.

I think our only hope now is that he gets traded by the deadline.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

What a joke.

I mean, I totally get it. But it's a joke nonetheless.

53 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Traded him a couple hours ago; looks like just in time.  GL boys 

3 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Potential trade rumour:

Lakers send Lebron James to the Pelicans  for Davis.

That won’t happen in a million years but the reality is that’s a good trade for LA.

Davis is no Lebron but he has 7 or so years left of elite production. Lebron has MAYBE 2. Hell, we’re already seeing an injury keep him out abnormally long.

• Like 1