NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was way ahead of my time. I was like Bruno Caboclo. 2 years away from being 2 years away.

It's not weird because he can actually play right now and it won't make the injury worse, but the finger is going to be very painful during the initial few days. The injury is technically a fracture,

If brow sits I’ll retire from fantasy basketball until the nba institutes a rule for this style of sh!t...   I spend my hard earned bucks to play in a competitive league only to be stabbed i

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Pretty sure if Silver doesn't step in here he's tacitly endorsing tanking. Can't happen.

pretty sure he cant get involved in their business in that type of way, if theyre willing to pay him not to play for rest of the season and hes ok with that decision, its their business, no one can prohibit them for doing that and it happens a lot in am. football and real football

8 minutes ago, L3onD said:

pretty sure he cant get involved in their business in that type of way, if theyre willing to pay him not to play for rest of the season and hes ok with that decision, its their business, no one can prohibit them for doing that and it happens a lot in am. football and real football

Yeah this i agree, I remember chicago sitting starters for no reason (unless you consider felicio a prospect) and Silver fined them. NOLA got ****** by this situation and basically needs to bench Davis if they care bout their future (risk of injury that can cost you a premium trade). completely different then chicago last year

If brow sits I’ll retire from fantasy basketball until the nba institutes a rule for this style of sh!t...

I spend my hard earned bucks to play in a competitive league only to be stabbed in the back by some chump who wants to be Lebrons crony. 

I cant let fantasy hoops ruin my day to say happiness 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Walk with me said:

If brow sits I’ll retire from fantasy basketball until the nba institutes a rule for this style of sh!t...

I spend my hard earned bucks to play in a competitive league only to be stabbed in the back by some chump who wants to be Lebrons crony. 

I cant let fantasy hoops ruin my day to say happiness 

That’s gambling for ya

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

It's not Pelicans to blame and Silver cannot do anything about it. Force them to play someone that said he wants out? How is that good for their future? Or screw their future just get AD in there?

I know how is playing a top-5 player good for the Pelicans' future?

We've been brainwashed.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

We've been brainwashed.

giphy.gif

Are you kidding me? Why play somebody that will soon be gone?  They don't need to showcase him, risk an injury or increase their chances of winning more games. Playing him would be insanity.

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

We've been brainwashed.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, obviously playing a top-5 player is bad for your future if you're not making the playoffs and the only reward for winning games is getting a worse draft pick next year.

10 hours ago, L3onD said:

I'm absolutely positive he can get involved in their business that way.  

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

Pels' options are to either play Davis and not make the playoffs or not play Davis and not make the playoffs and get a better draft pick.  I wonder what route they'll choose.

They will go into total tank mode after the break and the lucky dudes who added okafor and all the other scrubs will win their fantasy leagues. Just like the knicks....

Mitchell Robinson and Jahlill Okafor are the Foundation to a fantasy championship this year. Disgusting......

There's tanking and there's sitting your best player for a third of the season when he's healthy. To me that's a slippery slope. If losing teams start flat out benching their studs for months to "preserve their assets" the legitimacy and credibility  of the league comes into question.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

There's tanking and there's sitting your best player for a third of the season when he's healthy. To me that's a slippery slope. If losing teams start flat out benching their studs for months to "preserve their assets" the legitimacy and credibility  of the league comes into question.

Exactly.  If you think the league will allow this without severe penalties, I dunno what to tell you.  They threatened the Bulls with taking their draft picks last year because they sat Robin Lopez and Justin Holiday.  If the Pels sit Davis for a better draft pick, but the league takes that pick, what use is that?

2 minutes ago, Pyschout said:

Exactly.  If you think the league will allow this without severe penalties, I dunno what to tell you.  They threatened the Bulls with taking their draft picks last year because they sat Robin Lopez and Justin Holiday.  If the Pels sit Davis for a better draft pick, but the league takes that pick, what use is that?

You are right. What can happen though too is they just play Davis for the first quarter like they did with Lopez, and rule him out every other game for leg cramps or minor bruises.

Our only hope is a trade. Lakers need to dump their whole roster and 4 1st round picks every other year through 2027 to get AD

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

You can make up "fake" injurys all the time or say they player doesn't feel healthy enough just like Kawhi with the spurs. Face facts kawhi was healthy aswell and i bet if you ask porzingis he would say i could play next game but the knicks say no....

Edited by Fantasyhero
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, kev777zero said:

You are right. What can happen though too is they just play Davis for the first quarter like they did with Lopez, and rule him out every other game for leg cramps or minor bruises.

Our only hope is a trade. Lakers need to dump their whole roster and 4 1st round picks every other year through 2027 to get AD

Yeah, the league would never catch on to that.  

3 minutes ago, Fantasyhero said:

You can make up "fake" injurys all the time or say they player doesn't feel healthy enough just like Kawhi with the spurs. Face facts kawhi was healthy aswell and i bet if you ask porzingis he would say i could play next game but the knicks say no....

This.  I don't think they will come out and say he is being shutdown ros.  They've fined Pop for less.  What's VERY likely is that they rest him for minor injuries, which was already a risk with AD.  This, coupled with a poor PO schedule, means he has very little value in H2H if he's not traded.  He might play something like one game per week.  In roto, I'd still value him highly as he might have some good games in him and when he doesn't play, it doesn't count against games played.  In keeper leagues he could be a buy low.