NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

1 minute ago, RingMyBell said:

I know.  Im talking about him being a 1 yr rental in the event he isnt traded to lakers.

Hypothetical scenario:

Bucks or Celtics do  make it to the conference  finals.   This summer, team that lost  decides it is time to go all in.  So they trade for AD and make it to NBA finals next year.

Include Raptors if Kawhi resigns.

All 3 teams have assets to pull this trade off.  For NO, AD is in the east and return is comparable to what Lakers can offer.

Trip to the finals is worth the price for 1 year AD rental for Raptors or Bucks imo

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was way ahead of my time. I was like Bruno Caboclo. 2 years away from being 2 years away.

It's not weird because he can actually play right now and it won't make the injury worse, but the finger is going to be very painful during the initial few days. The injury is technically a fracture,

If brow sits I’ll retire from fantasy basketball until the nba institutes a rule for this style of sh!t...   I spend my hard earned bucks to play in a competitive league only to be stabbed i

Posted Images

3 hours ago, nospmoht04 said:

Ya dad’s comments are really gonna push the New Orleans pelicans organization over the edge and dictate their future.  Man I can picture it now, Dell Demps: “But did you see what his Dad said!?” Gayle Benson “My goodness, we must act now then, no matter the return!  Messing with a father’s emotions is a big No, no!” 

Lmao, give me a break.

People need to stop buying into every piece of information (real or fake) that is put out.  

Pretty sure the Pelicans are more focused on the best interest of their own future and getting a proper return for a generational talent and not what his daddy said.  

He texted that to MoMo while she was on Mason and Ireland. That was by design.

Ainge made one too many heartless deals while forgetting about the human element. Players didn't forget, though. And now they don't want to play for him.

3 hours ago, nospmoht04 said:

Ya dad’s comments are really gonna push the New Orleans pelicans organization over the edge and dictate their future.  Man I can picture it now, Dell Demps: “But did you see what his Dad said!?” Gayle Benson “My goodness, we must act now then, no matter the return!  Messing with a father’s emotions is a big No, no!” 

The intent of the comment is to drive the Celtics' offer down, to reduce the Celtics' interest.

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, RingMyBell said:

I would bet its not a hollow threat.  He isnt signed with Rich Paul for fun.

If this is your thesis and the Lakers can't convince the Pelicans to trade AD to them, then you're basically of the mindset that the Lakers and Lebron agree that sitting out another year of contention is worth it for AD as a free agent in 2020.  That's as risky as a proposition as another team trading for AD with a year left on his deal and trying to sell him on their culture.  It hasn't worked with Paul George, it reportedly isn't going to convince Kawhi, so Lebron will have wasted 2 years in LA to maybe have a chance at AD.  And it continues to erode their "young core".  Their inability to get a deal done with the previous two rumored players has cost them Julius Randle.  Zubac will be up as a UFA in 2020 so he'd most likely be gone if they had to pay AD at the same position. Ingram would need to accept a QO as the last year before UFA or agree to an extension.  The longer they wait, the less inexpensive these players get and if they don't show better, the more their trade value erodes... there is the potential for collateral damage. 

It's probably far more likely that if Klutch sports can't force an AD trade and he goes somewhere else, the Lakers turn their attention to other free agents or trade targets like Kemba or Dame or Butler, etc etc.  Those guys will tie up valuable cap room.  A hypothetical Kemba Walker free agency signing would cost the Lakers close to 30 million dollars, give or take, which would push the Lakers 2020 salary cap almost to over 100 million on the books and that's if the Lakers don't sign any other L-T contracts.  Salary cap in 2020 is projected to be around 120 million and there'd be no room to sign AD unless they clear out more room, which means selling off more and more of their 'young core'.  And still they would probably need a S&T or Davis would need to look elsewhere to get his max free agency contract.  There's a reason everyone feels the Lakers need to get this done in the next 4 days.... and certainly by the summer.  If it gets past this deadline, then their position is definitely weakened.

39 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

He texted that to MoMo while she was on Mason and Ireland. That was by design.

Ainge made one too many heartless deals while forgetting about the human element. Players didn't forget, though. And now they don't want to play for him.

32 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

The intent of the comment is to drive the Celtics' offer down, to reduce the Celtics' interest.

Its not going to make a difference

Ainge isn’t lowering his offer because Anthony Davis’s dad said something

Edited by nospmoht04

It`s an interesting take from some Pels writer in ESPN:

"While I still think the Pelicans don't make any move before the summer, what the Pelicans do with their other trade assets (Niko Moore Randle) - meaning what they get and when they do it - could be a small indicator of their plans. If they make trades that create a open roster spots, it *could* mean that they're positioning themselves for a trade with the Lakers. Right now, if NOP wanted to add all of LAL's young guys + dump Hill, they'd need to outright cut a few players to make the salary difference work. By making a couple 2-for-1 trades beforehand (Niko+Johnson for player+pick, Moore+Randle for player+pick), it would make a subsequent trade, where they're adding more players than they're sending out, easier to do. Again, I don't expect a Lakers deal to be seriously entertained before the summer without a bunch of picks & pick swaps along with all of their young guys, but if things change, those kinds of Pels trades could be a clue."

Seems very logical take. Naturally they can make deal for AD before the smaller moves, but it`s curious to see, when they will trade Miro/Randle/Moore.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, montanski said:

It`s an interesting take from some Pels writer in ESPN:

"While I still think the Pelicans don't make any move before the summer, what the Pelicans do with their other trade assets (Niko Moore Randle) - meaning what they get and when they do it - could be a small indicator of their plans. If they make trades that create a open roster spots, it *could* mean that they're positioning themselves for a trade with the Lakers. Right now, if NOP wanted to add all of LAL's young guys + dump Hill, they'd need to outright cut a few players to make the salary difference work. By making a couple 2-for-1 trades beforehand (Niko+Johnson for player+pick, Moore+Randle for player+pick), it would make a subsequent trade, where they're adding more players than they're sending out, easier to do. Again, I don't expect a Lakers deal to be seriously entertained before the summer without a bunch of picks & pick swaps along with all of their young guys, but if things change, those kinds of Pels trades could be a clue."

Seems very logical take. Naturally they can make deal for AD before the smaller moves, but it`s curious to see, when they will trade Miro/Randle/Moore.

Sounds like a pain in the arse.

They should just go for it next year, ie, try to win,

18 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

C'mon announce it!!

51096622_10167014722097037_9182300875215

A - SB too boring

B - calling out reporters on the locker room accident

C - AD deal is inked

D - lebron managing loads of red wine

take your pick.

Edited by doomz
3 hours ago, doomz said:

A - SB too boring

B - calling out reporters on the locker room accident

C - AD deal is inked

D - lebron managing loads of red wine

take your pick.

And he was jus a kid from akron # GodFather

How are owners feeling now? Trade deadline approaching and the status of Davis is what will make or break our seasons. Seems like most general advice is that if you can get solid top 10 value in return trading is a good idea. I just find it nearly impossible to trade away a player with the ridiculous value that Davis has. Any thoughts?

16 minutes ago, PaddingtonBear said:

How are owners feeling now? Trade deadline approaching and the status of Davis is what will make or break our seasons. Seems like most general advice is that if you can get solid top 10 value in return trading is a good idea. I just find it nearly impossible to trade away a player with the ridiculous value that Davis has. Any thoughts?

Well the AD owner in my league wants my Lebron for him. Just to put it in perspective. I don’t Think anybody Will trade him for less even with the risk of a shut Down (with no trade). He is just that good when he plays!

1 minute ago, Brandayz said:

Well the AD owner in my league wants my Lebron for him. Just to put it in perspective. I don’t Think anybody Will trade him for less even with the risk of a shut Down (with no trade). He is just that good when he plays!

He’s playing it smart, if AD doesn’t get moved he gets super siayan LBJ who’ll carry the lakers to the playoffs and you get the headache of AD sitting but if AD gets traded then he gets 85% of AD because LBJ will produce and will steal some stats from AD that is linked to his overall usage... I would make the same offer myself if I didn’t have both

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

He’s playing it smart, if AD doesn’t get moved he gets super siayan LBJ who’ll carry the lakers to the playoffs and you get the headache of AD sitting but if AD gets traded then he gets 85% of AD because LBJ will produce and will steal some stats from AD that is linked to his overall usage... I would make the same offer myself if I didn’t have both

I know. That’s also why I stay put . Even though AD in Lakers probably also would take some usage from Lebron. But I Think that’s AD value even though there is a huge risk with his name right now

Edited by Brandayz
7 minutes ago, ghostofathousand_ said:

I am sure that the rumor Lonzo in Phoenix in 3-way for AD is from the Ball camp :lol:. What can Phx offer to NOLA in such a trade? Their 1st unprotected for Lonzo? I know that James is GM in Phx at the moment... i mean Jones, but that is laughable. In the end, it`s rumor season, so the biggest winners are the media guys who collects paychecks from everyone right now :lol:.

In my 12 team Yahoo cash league, I traded D-Russell, Middleton and AD for Kawhi, Tobias and Marvin Williams. I'm currently in 1st place by a 10-point margin and if AD ends up playing I think I can survive the loss. Was only looking to get a top-10 value pick back, and if and when Caris and Dinwiddie come back, I think D-russ' usage takes a hit.

I owned him in a few leagues prior to the news of the trade and probed the market once these announcements surfaced but I wasn’t getting any interest.  I don’t even mean I was getting underwhelming offers, I mean no one was interested.  Period.  This inspired me to buy low in two league.  One league is a keeper league where it’s not that important whether he plays this season and I was genuinely surprised I was able to buy low.  Another I took a risk that was perhaps foolish in retrospect but if AD plays in LA it will pay off: AD and Danny Green for Kyrie, Gasol, and Mirotic.  I went into my reasoning elsewhere but it was basically that all of my guys also have risk attached to them and AD has more upside.  Sorry to keep spamming these forums but people keep asking what the market is like for him.  It’s definitely a buyer’s market.  Your return is going to be so low that it becomes absurd to sell.  Maybe you don’t want to buy either as the risk is so great but I damn sure aren’t selling at the current price.  

21 hours ago, Kaboom said:

They don't want to play for him?  Really, like IT, who before signing with Denver told Ainge he would love to come back.

Everything starting with AD hiring Rich Paul, to the timing of the announcement, to AD"s father's comments about the Celitics and loyalty (ironic given the trade request) to Lebron's tweet last night just reeks of desperation to try and force the Pelicans to deal him to the Lakers. 

Unfortunately the Lakers do not have the best offer and unless another team comes into play at the deadline, AD is not going to get traded until the summer.  And if that happens, Boston will have the best offer.  And nothing the Lakers and Lebron do or say will change that.  

• Like 1