NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was way ahead of my time. I was like Bruno Caboclo. 2 years away from being 2 years away.

It's not weird because he can actually play right now and it won't make the injury worse, but the finger is going to be very painful during the initial few days. The injury is technically a fracture,

If brow sits I’ll retire from fantasy basketball until the nba institutes a rule for this style of sh!t...   I spend my hard earned bucks to play in a competitive league only to be stabbed i

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Wouldn't AD be better off waiting until free agency? He'said going to gut the roster of the team that trades for him 

The more I think about it the more his play makes no sense 

He said he wants to win asap.  Doesn't want to wait it out like KG did because he prioritizes legacy over money.

3 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Wouldn't AD be better off waiting until free agency? He'said going to gut the roster of the team that trades for him 

Rich Paul, and Lebron have something to say about that.  Lebron will be getting too old then.  

10 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

No one, and I believe not even Kyrie himself knows where he is going next season. The guy changes his mind like a girl.

The only sure thing is that he will stay away from the world's edge, because he can fall outside the Earth...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

This summer there will be more FA's available than at any point in NBA history (40% of the league will be FA's). Because of all the one-year expiring contracts, at that point the Lakers would be LeBron James, Anthony Davis, and a blank slate to build the team however they want.

Magic has always maintained that he had a "2 summer" plan. This is what he meant.

31 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

The difference between him resigning with the team that trades for him vs signing on the open market in free agency is about 40 million. Obviously he already forfeited about 50mil by forcing his way out of NOLA but if he were to wait until free agency we're talking almost 100m lost. That in addition to the fact that he wants to win as soon as possible is why the last thing he'd want to do is wait.

Money is the biggest factor here

Edited by FantasyBallFan
1 hour ago, nospmoht04 said:

Tatum was 19 at the start of last season and almost brought a team to the finals. 

I wouldn't say he almost "brought" the team to the Finals. I also wouldn't say he was the engine that drove the Celtics. Horford, Rozier, and Stevens were more responsible for the success of the offense. Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, and Marcus Morris defended the other team's best players. Tatum didn't have to worry about anything else other than shooting the ball when the ball comes his way. The team didn't revolve around him.Donovan Mitchell actually had more responsibility for a playoff team, but you won't think as highly of him because the Jazz lost 1 round earlier? Just because Celtics has the better team doesn't make Tatum a better player. In fact, I don't think he would've had as much personal success if he didn't play with veterans and for such a good coach.

You could, however, say that he was mature enough to handle the playoff pressure. I think he'll be a really good player, 5-10 time allstar good, but definitely not the type Celtics are talking themselves into.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

I wouldn't say he almost "brought" the team to the Finals. I also wouldn't say he was the engine that drove the Celtics. Horford, Rozier, and Stevens were more responsible for the success of the offense. Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, and Marcus Morris defended the other team's best players. Tatum didn't have to worry about anything else other than shooting the ball when the ball comes his way. The team didn't revolve around him.Donovan Mitchell actually had more responsibility for a playoff team, but you won't think as highly of him because the Jazz lost 1 round earlier? Just because Celtics has the better team doesn't make Tatum a better player. In fact, I don't think he would've had as much personal success if he didn't play with veterans and for such a good coach.

You could, however, say that he was mature enough to handle the playoff pressure. I think he'll be a really good player, 5-10 time allstar good, but definitely not the type Celtics are talking themselves into.

Tatum was 19 at the start of last season and almost brought a team was a large part of a team that almost made it to the finals, as he led the team in scoring.

There you go.

33 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

The difference between him resigning with the team that trades for him vs signing on the open market in free agency is about 40 million. Obviously he already forfeited about 50mil by forcing his way out of NOLA but if he were to wait until free agency we're talking almost 100m lost. That in addition to the fact that he wants to win as soon as possible is why the last thing he'd want to do is wait.

Money is the biggest factor here

Leaving NOLA is already costing him about $33M. I think he's the first player who qualified for DPOE who still chooses to leave his original team. If he leaves the team that trades for him and signs a deal in free agency, he will then have to decide between taking a 4-year deal and sacrifice about $2M a year compared to what he could've gotten staying with that team, or do 2 single year contracts and sign a long term contract when he's a 10-year vet. 

He already gave up a ton of money just to get out of a losing environment, so I don't blame him for not wanting to lose more

18 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

facts.they all had a role and tatums role was to score. they all excelled at it and played great team basketball.

1 minute ago, bballshinobi said:

Leaving NOLA is already costing him about $33M. I think he's the first player who qualified for DPOE who still chooses to leave his original team. If he leaves the team that trades for him and signs a deal in free agency, he will then have to decide between taking a 4-year deal and sacrifice about $2M a year compared to what he could've gotten staying with that team, or do 2 single year contracts and sign a long term contract when he's a 10-year vet. 

He already gave up a ton of money just to get out of a losing environment, so I don't blame him for not wanting to lose more

if he goes to LA then he will make up all that money because of all the endorsements he is gonna get anyways.

1 minute ago, babyfaceassasin said:

if he goes to LA then he will make up all that money because of all the endorsements he is gonna get anyways.

Yea but don't forget things are also more expensive in LA. A $2 million mansion in NOLA probably costs $20M in Beverley Hills lol

What is the incentive for the Pelicans to strike a deal before the deadline? Celtics will drive up the price during the summer  regardless of what  ADs camp says.. that Laker offer is gong nowhere...

Edited by MNDOGG
7 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

What is the incentive for the Pelicans to strike a deal before the deadline? Celtics will drive up the price during the summer  regardless of what  ADs camp says.. that Laker offer is gong nowhere...

There is a good chance that Celtics will have nobody to bid against in summer time.  In Lakers' most recent offer they are taking back one of NOP's  bad contracts (Solomon Hill), but they won't be able to do that during summer because their expiring contracts will have expired. Lakers will then either have to absorb AD's salary into their cap space, which will make things more difficult for them in terms of free agency plans too, or get a 3rd team involved. If the Knicks get the #1 pick, they might or might not want to trade it for AD, depending on if Kyrie and/or KD are really coming to NYC. If NOP wait until summer, then Celtics might very well be the only team that can offer a significant package. What makes you think Danny Ainge will really give up as much as the Lakers now if he knows no other teams can present a similar offer?

Edited by bballshinobi
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

AD's camp said hell only resign with Lakers, Bucks, Knicks, and Clippers.

16 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

There is a good chance that Celtics will have nobody to bid against in summer time.  In Lakers' most recent offer they are taking back one of NOP's  bad contracts (Solomon Hill), but they won't be able to do that during summer because their expiring contracts will have expired. Lakers will then either have to absorb AD's salary into their cap space, which will make things more difficult for them in terms of free agency plans too, or get a 3rd team involved. If the Knicks get the #1 pick, they might or might not want to trade it for AD, depending on if Kyrie and/or KD are really coming to NYC. If NOP wait until summer, then Celtics might very well be the only team that can offer a significant package. What makes you think Danny Ainge will really give up as much as the Lakers now if he knows no other teams can present a similar offer?

You can never trust Ainge.  He looks like the guy that will shaft you just because.

Ima laugh if they wait then trade him to Boston in off season, Kyrie leaves and they trade away Tatum and Brown..... and then AD goes to LA in off season.... :D:D

Boston would have Morris and Rozier.... lmao !

Edited by bsu27
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

You can never trust Ainge.  He looks like the guy that will shaft you just because.

That's the difference between the Lakers and Celtics. Lakers take care of their players while Celtics try to squeeze that last drop of juice from theirs. During Kobe's last years post-achillies tear Lakers still tried their best to field a decent team. When that didn't work they still paid Kobe big contracts for several years and let him play as long as he wanted to. Celtics on the other hand traded away Paul Pierce. Yes, the return is amazing, but I think that shows you Celtics is just a business. If you are a superstar then definitely avoid Celtics at all costs

30 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

It’s AD... The Pelicans just have to ask for it! There will be offers coming from all over the place...plus there is the chance that the Knicks land the #1 pick.. no matter how you look at it the best thing for the organization is to wait till the summer and let all the cards come out on the table...