NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

37 minutes ago, nospmoht04 said:

It’s funny you have a crowd that constantly says how excellent of a GM Ainge is then this crowd that just “hates” him.  Just like everyone “hates” the patriots.  Jealously and envy, don’t hate on success, work to get better.  

Oh don’t get me wrong, I despise them. Boston’s peak was 1776 and it was all downhill from there.  I just respect Ainge as a GM.  

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was way ahead of my time. I was like Bruno Caboclo. 2 years away from being 2 years away.

It's not weird because he can actually play right now and it won't make the injury worse, but the finger is going to be very painful during the initial few days. The injury is technically a fracture,

If brow sits I’ll retire from fantasy basketball until the nba institutes a rule for this style of sh!t...   I spend my hard earned bucks to play in a competitive league only to be stabbed i

Posted Images

Just now, HotSauce24 said:

No other examples are needed when this is a clear but example of Danny not following through.  

It only takes one to lose the trust of someone imo.

You keep saying any GM would've made that move except BOS made IT so it's exactly not a given.

Because you literally have no other example but this bad one :D

Clearly no one has lost trust in ainge yet because PELS are waiting and IT wanted to come back.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Oh don’t get me wrong, I despise them. Boston’s peak was 1776 and it was all downhill from there.  I just respect Ainge as a GM.  

That I can get on board with, if you don’t like them you don’t like them.  But giving respect where it’s due shows class. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Because you literally have no other example but this bad one :D

Clearly no one has lost trust in ainge yet because PELS are waiting and IT wanted to come back.

Nah I posted a great one but you continue to deflect. :lol:

IT wanted to come back based on what Danny conveyed to him.

Didn't know you were Danny because you seem to confirm that the PELS are waiting, and solely because of BOS.

Welcome to the boards Danny!

Most of the Celtics players ended up leaving the team unceremoniously or at least with bad taste in their mouth:

KG - traded after helping Boston finally win a ring 

Pierce - traded after who knows how many years there 

Rondo - you are injured and you want to get paid? You are outta here!

Ray Allen - stay with us so we can either bench you or trade bait you

Isaiah Thomas - hips don’t lie

Cetics and Ainge treat players only as physical assets. I am not saying other teams treat their fringe players better, but you need to take care of your legends and star players. Celtics and Ainge don’t even do that! 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, HotSauce24 said:

Nah I posted a great one but you continue to deflect. :lol:

IT wanted to come back based on what Danny conveyed to him.

Didn't know you were Danny because you seem to confirm that the PELS are waiting, and solely because of BOS.

Welcome to the boards Danny!

There is nothing to deflect when your example is useless because every GM in the world would have made the same trade lmao

You keep talking about Ainge isn't trusted anymore when IT wants to go back and Pels haven't made a move because of Ainge and teams continue to make deals with him. stop it:D

1 minute ago, babyfaceassasin said:

There is nothing to deflect when your example is useless because every GM in the world would have made the same trade lmao

You keep talking about Ainge isn't trusted anymore when IT wants to go back and Pels haven't made a move because of Ainge and teams continue to make deals with him. stop it:D

People still talking to you, doesn’t mean they like you lol

• Like 1
Just now, babyfaceassasin said:

By the fact that you are handwaving my example (others will also vouch), this shows that you are poorly deflecting.

Every other GM in the world is not privy to the BOS situation.  Good job ignoring the fact that BOS made IT.

IT wants to go back because no one wants him now LMAO.

I did not say that no one wants to make deals with Ainge so your strawman won't work here lol.

Again, thanks for confirming you are Danny!

I don't really get the Ainge hate, especially from AD's dad.  You're complaining about him treating his players like commodities with no loyalty, while pushing for a trade to another team- what do you think the front offices of those teams are viewing their young players as?  Like lol

• Like 5
Just now, babyfaceassasin said:

They don't have to like Ainge to acknowledge the fact that he is a great GM. What does a GM do? build a team, which he has done.

No one said he is not a good GM.  I don't think you are following the discourse here in good faith.

• Like 1

The Lakers gave a washed-up Kobe a 2-year, $48,000,000 contract not based on what he would do, but on what he had done. It was a gift to show appreciation for 18 years of service. It set the organization back for years.

Meanwhile Ainge allowed IT to play while injured to the point where it permanently ruined his career, then dumped him after his sister died.

Players (and their dads) remember stuff like that.

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

By the fact that you are handwaving my example (others will also vouch), this shows that you are poorly deflecting.

Every other GM in the world is not privy to the BOS situation.  Good job ignoring the fact that BOS made IT.

IT wants to go back because no one wants him now LMAO.

I did not say that no one wants to make deals with Ainge so your strawman won't work here lol.

Again, thanks for confirming you are Danny

IT was great in Sacramento and Phoenix, boston just gave him a little more playing time.  Go look at his stats pre boston.  Yall act like boston makes studs out of everything.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RingMyBell said:

IT was great in Sacramento and Phoenix, boston just gave him a little more playing time.  Go look at his stats pre boston.  Yall act like boston makes studs out of everything.

Yeah I stopped responding when he said BOS made IT. Clearly didn't follow his career.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Yeah I had IT the year he went 20 and 6 with SAC.  Dude was an animal 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

You are right. They do remember stuff like that....

Thomas reached out to Danny Ainge before finalizing a one-year, $2 million deal with the Denver Nuggets. In an interview with ESPN, he recalled telling the Celtics president of basketball operations, “If the opportunity is there, I would just like to let you know that I’d love to come back.”

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

The Lakers gave a washed-up Kobe a 2-year, $48,000,000 contract not based on what he would do, but on what he had done. It was a gift to show appreciation for 18 years of service. It set the organization back for years.

Meanwhile Ainge allowed IT to play while injured to the point where it permanently ruined his career, then dumped him after his sister died.

Id think the players and their dads might also be concerned that a team's front office might make decisions that would set organization back for years. 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

I think Brad Stevens and their system deserve a lot of credit.

IT wasn't a MVP calibre player on those other teams.

Also the last thing I'd do is praise BOS, lol!

13 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

Plenty of other players have had siblings pass and we’re traded after.  It happens to a lot of people in life.  There was just a spotlight on ITs situation because his games were being nationally televised and it was during the playoffs.  That’s kind of a reach. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Yeah I stopped responding when he said BOS made IT. Clearly didn't follow his career.

You continue to mischaracterize my claim. 

I said BOS made IT into the MVP type player. 

I like how ppl would claim this about Tatum or Brown but are downplaying it when it comes to IT. 

Also I am right, you are not arguing in good faith. 

1 hour ago, Kaboom said:

Or you could say that the Celtics helped IT the player reach the highest levels in his career. In return, the player spoke openly about getting paid with no loyalty to the team or discount considered. Then the player took a risk to compete and it didn't pan out. Then the team got an opportunity it couldn't refuse and they took it. End of story. 

I believe this is just a story line to create some drama and force some hands. I also believe IT had a cult like following because he was really really short and people could relate or cheer for him. Honestly, it's a business and it is more high stakes and cut throat then ever with this CBA. Players show this same level of disrespect or whatever you call it to their teams all the time. I don't see anything here. 

To bring this back to AD, I don't even know if the Pelicans know what they want in return. If they want a Kawhi like return they need to wait. If they want youth I think this Lakers opportunity might be as good as it gets to get pieces and start flipping and roster creating. It just seems like this moment is too big for the Pelicans. Waiting on ainge is a horrible idea. That dude never ponies up and their window is rapidly closing. You can't really win when you have Chandler Parsons 2.0 locked into a max contract. Just unfortunate, but Hayward killed their upside. 

• Like 1