NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was way ahead of my time. I was like Bruno Caboclo. 2 years away from being 2 years away.

It's not weird because he can actually play right now and it won't make the injury worse, but the finger is going to be very painful during the initial few days. The injury is technically a fracture,

If brow sits I’ll retire from fantasy basketball until the nba institutes a rule for this style of sh!t...   I spend my hard earned bucks to play in a competitive league only to be stabbed i

Posted Images

4 hours ago, bballshinobi said:

Most of the Celtics players ended up leaving the team unceremoniously or at least with bad taste in their mouth:

KG - traded after helping Boston finally win a ring 

Pierce - traded after who knows how many years there 

Rondo - you are injured and you want to get paid? You are outta here!

Ray Allen - stay with us so we can either bench you or trade bait you

Isaiah Thomas - hips don’t lie

Cetics and Ainge treat players only as physical assets. I am not saying other teams treat their fringe players better, but you need to take care of your legends and star players. Celtics and Ainge don’t even do that! 

Lol.

Sorry if I don’t feel much sympathy for players making millions of dollars and then whining about getting traded. I find players who start asking for trades mid-contract, disrupting their work environment to be much worse.

It’s like with any job. If the company decides that you need to switch departments, that’s fine. But if you start making a fuss and causing an obvious distraction by demanding to switch departments, then that’s not professional. Why is it different for you vs. the company? Cause they’re freaking paying you. And in this case, they’re paying you millions.

In AD’s case, his 25M+ salary puts him in the top 0.0004% of earners in America. He’s definitely not getting any sympathy from me. Neither is IT2 with his 30M+ career earnings. Seriously, all the people who feel that Boston screwed IT2 of a ‘big contract’, I wonder if they even realize that IT2 has already earned more money in his career than most people could ever dream of.

• Like 5
Chris Haynes: “It’s possible they’re going to hold [Davis] out until the conclusion of the trade deadline and even possibly after that if he remains a Pelican. There’s a chance during the second half of the season, I was told, that they would probably look to shut him down to a certain extent … If it does get to that point where he’s still a Pelican after the deadline and the organization decides to make that move on sitting him down, that’s where I think we’re in uncharted territory. And I know for a fact Anthony Davis will probably file a grievance.”
4 minutes ago, chud12 said:
Chris Haynes: “It’s possible they’re going to hold [Davis] out until the conclusion of the trade deadline and even possibly after that if he remains a Pelican. There’s a chance during the second half of the season, I was told, that they would probably look to shut him down to a certain extent … If it does get to that point where he’s still a Pelican after the deadline and the organization decides to make that move on sitting him down, that’s where I think we’re in uncharted territory. And I know for a fact Anthony Davis will probably file a grievance.”

He still going to get paid fully even if he does not play another game this season right? Can someone explain to me why he would file grievance? As a matter of fact it would be best for him to sit out so that he can be as healthy as possible. 

Also, if he is healthy and “available” to play according to his coach and by them sitting him out, wouldn’t that be asking for a huge fine and penalty from the league? 

What about the 99.9% of the season ticket holders that paid all that money to see AD playing at home. 

Yea, good luck sitting him out the rest of the season if he is “available” to play. 

9 minutes ago, chud12 said:

If all of that happens, Pelicans can play him 5 min each game.  AD fantasy season is essentially over.  League cannot dictate how much each player plays

Was watching NBA channel. Smitty made some suggestion even Chicago could make a play in the off season.  Carter, Markkanen and Otto laVine.  Point is, there will be plenty of teams in on the AD sweepstakes this summer if no deal is done by tomorrow.  Also I could see a bunch of these future offers make this current Laker offer look pretty crappy in the end.  Personally, I feel in the end,  AD and Kyrie will somehow be Knicks.  The Brow just looks right in a Knicks uniform. Same with Kyrie. 

10 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Just traded away my Davis for kemba walker 

Was initially relieved , but now am sad at the fact that I no longer have AD

made me realize how devastating a shutdown really is for fantasy owners

It does suck, the guy has been a machine all year. I traded him last Wednesday for Kawhi. 

2 hours ago, Apollo_87 said:

In AD’s case, his 25M+ salary puts him in the top 0.0004% of earners in America. He’s definitely not getting any sympathy from me. Neither is IT2 with his 30M+ career earnings. Seriously, all the people who feel that Boston screwed IT2 of a ‘big contract’, I wonder if they even realize that IT2 has already earned more money in his career than most people could ever dream of.

You're missing the point.

10 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Lakers are shunned, Ainge can't be trusted, Knicks have less than desirable assets (?). Jerry West, your move.

I don't think clippers got any assets. And if they do they won't have anything left and AD just embarrass them and goes to the Lakers lol

2 hours ago, JoeDub_Taiwan#1 said:

Plz plz get traded

It'd still be shocking if he did.  We'll see still I suppose.

All of the talk about them possibly shutting him down though is just that.  Talk.  Have we seen an actual interview from anyone from the actual organization that says they are highly considering it?  No, but obviously it's still a possibility.  Doing that creates more potential drama than they've already experienced though.  Davis wants to play, and fans could try to sue.  Playing him 5 minutes a game would still leave them wide open for that, and anything the league would want to do if they wanted to step in.

• Like 1

Why should they make a press conferance now and say "hey guys we are shutting him down"

They will do it quietly in a couple of weeks when the dust has settled. A little nagging injury or getting on ADs nerves until he doesn't want to play for them anymore...

It doesn't matter if they say something now, fact of the matter is chances that AD plays in the most important weeks of fantasy basketball are very very slim...

11 minutes ago, Fantasyhero said:

They will do it quietly in a couple of weeks when the dust has settled. A little nagging injury or getting on ADs nerves until he doesn't want to play for them anymore...

It will not be quiet. It will be a massive headache.

The Pels will have to make up daily excuses as to why they're not playing him. The beat reporters will pepper the team -- and AD -- with questions daily: What is the injury? When will he come back? When will he practice? What do the doctors say?

The same questions will persist if the team sends AD away: Where is he and when is he coming back?

The media will not relent.

And that's before the league even opines.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
6 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Was watching NBA channel. Smitty made some suggestion even Chicago could make a play in the off season.  Carter, Markkanen and Otto laVine.  Point is, there will be plenty of teams in on the AD sweepstakes this summer if no deal is done by tomorrow.  Also I could see a bunch of these future offers make this current Laker offer look pretty crappy in the end.  Personally, I feel in the end,  AD and Kyrie will somehow be Knicks.  The Brow just looks right in a Knicks uniform. Same with Kyrie. 

you guys still don't get it. hes not going to some random team like Chicago. its not on his 'list' . he is depressing his value so other teams wont offer some golden package better then the Lakers are. and why would a struggling team like Chicago even make that deal, whats the end game or point for that matter.

only a contending team can make a deal or a team on his list. the choices really are limited when you factor in we live in REALITY.

Trust me.DEMPS is a FOOL and out of spite hes going to ruin their franchise even more. #clown

11 hours ago, Kaboom said:

The Lakers gave a washed-up Kobe a 2-year, $48,000,000 contract not based on what he would do, but on what he had done. It was a gift to show appreciation for 18 years of service. It set the organization back for years.

Meanwhile Ainge allowed IT to play while injured to the point where it permanently ruined his career, then dumped him after his sister died.

Players (and their dads) remember stuff like that.

Do you think Lonzo, Hart, Ingram, and Kuzma are gonna remember this week?  Probably.  Maybe the Lakers have better technology, though?

giphy.webp

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Make no mistake.... this isn't about winning.

People say that, but at the same time, if you're playing in a lavish city, that could out shadow winning lol. People keep wanting to go to the Lakers but they haven't been good since Kobe and Gasol were together. 

2 hours ago, rage2021 said:

you guys still don't get it. hes not going to some random team like Chicago. its not on his 'list' . he is depressing his value so other teams wont offer some golden package better then the Lakers are. and why would a struggling team like Chicago even make that deal, whats the end game or point for that matter.

only a contending team can make a deal or a team on his list. the choices really are limited when you factor in we live in REALITY.

Trust me.DEMPS is a FOOL and out of spite hes going to ruin their franchise even more. #clown

lol says who? AD still has 1 yr left on his contract and there will be teams willing to gamble and by the time AD becomes a free agent Lebron will be almost 37. This is why lakers want to trade for AD now and fans like you sound panicing when making post here .

• Like 1