NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was way ahead of my time. I was like Bruno Caboclo. 2 years away from being 2 years away.

It's not weird because he can actually play right now and it won't make the injury worse, but the finger is going to be very painful during the initial few days. The injury is technically a fracture,

If brow sits I’ll retire from fantasy basketball until the nba institutes a rule for this style of sh!t...   I spend my hard earned bucks to play in a competitive league only to be stabbed i

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

How many minutes do you think he will see ROS? (when he is playing)

Well they announced he will see reduced minutes from his 37 min he was getting so I'd think around 30 min per game.  Maybe a little higher and maybe a little lower at times.  Sits on back to backs. Probably pulled early in blowouts as well. Then there's the finger issue. If that gets bumped I could see him just going ahead with the surgical procedure and calling it a day.  On top of all that, you have to deal with his usual bumps and bruises which will most likely cause him to precautionary leave games early as well.  Then you have to consider the inevitable shutdown later in the year. I highly doubt he even sniffs the floor the last couple weeks of the season, if he makes it that far, and I doubt the league would even intervene or even care if he plays or not at that point. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, HotSauce24 said:

We have no indication that Pels primarily want Boston picks. Remember one pick of theirs can be impacted by the Clippers performance.

I disagree, in the off chance that AD pairs up with Kyrie in Boston, the team will have to go against better lineups in the Sixers, bucks etc. Pels were a playoff team last year with arguably less talent.

Bottom line, I think they dragged this out and now find themselves in a precarious situation.

yea, we'll agree to disagree lol... the only way the pelicans can get a player like AD is through the draft and they know it...so getting those celtics picks, which are going to be good picks vs what lakers have to offer, could potentially turn into a star or two....

4 hours ago, HotSauce24 said:

We have no indication that Pels primarily want Boston picks. Remember one pick of theirs can be impacted by the Clippers performance.

I disagree, in the off chance that AD pairs up with Kyrie in Boston, the team will have to go against better lineups in the Sixers, bucks etc. Pels were a playoff team last year with arguably less talent.

Bottom line, I think they dragged this out and now find themselves in a precarious situation.

How they dragged this out?  Trade AD last summer?  Trade him before the deadline with only one serious offer  (Lakers )?   If you were NO, what would you do?

18 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

How they dragged this out?  Trade AD last summer?  Trade him before the deadline with only one serious offer  (Lakers )?   If you were NO, what would you do?

This has been a PR disaster so much so the league had to get involve.

NOLA probably spiteful that the LA Rams beat them and I don't blame them.  Same ownership. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

You know what would enhance AD's "legacy", this year at least, if that's what he's concerned about?

First-Team All-NBA, First-Team All-Defense, and dragging this Pelicans team to the 8th seed in the West.

A ring. because that's what everyone all talks abut nowadays which is why players has decided to join forces because at the end of the day, the ring Is what people and the media talk about.

1 hour ago, HotSauce24 said:

This has been a PR disaster so much so the league had to get involve.

PR disaster in what way?   That AD requested a trade? And that Rich Paul called league office to complain?
If anything, NO handled this very professionally.  Care to provide more details about PR disaster from your point of view?

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

PR disaster in what way?   That AD requested a trade? And that Rich Paul called league office to complain?
If anything, NO handled this very professionally.  Care to provide more details about PR disaster from your point of view?

Care to explain why not returning a call as a professional courtesy even if you were to decline the offer, is a good look pr wise? 

Care to explain why likely sitting out AD if the league didn't intervene is a good look pr wise?

Care to explain how how putting ur franchise player, a generational talent, in a position to demand a trade is a good look pr wise? Namely for attracting future marquee players? 

Care to explain them likely being spiteful due to what happened between them and the Rams is a good look pr wise? 

Care to explain how fining ur own player for demanding a trade after he was fed up due to the lack of progression is a good look pr wise? 

3 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Care to explain why not returning a call as a professional courtesy even if you were to decline the offer, is a good look pr wise? 

Care to explain why likely sitting out AD if the league didn't intervene is a good look pr wise?

Care to explain how how putting ur franchise player, a generational talent, in a position to demand a trade is a good look pr wise? Namely for attracting future marquee players? 

Care to explain them likely being spiteful due to what happened between them and the Rams is a good look pr wise? 

Care to explain how fining ur own player for demanding a trade after he was fed up due to the lack of progression is a good look pr wise? 

I am pretty sure that fine was mandated by the rules in the contract between players and league.

"... for attracting future marquee players?"   Half of the league has the same problem

"Care to explain why not returning a call as a professional courtesy even if you were to decline the offer, is a good look pr wise? " 

Sounds like bitter LA fan (or AD owner) complaining about NO  doing the thing that is best for the franchise.

GIle Pile out...

2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I am pretty sure that fine was mandated by the rules in the contract between players and league.

"... for attracting future marquee players?"   Half of the league has the same problem

"Care to explain why not returning a call as a professional courtesy even if you were to decline the offer, is a good look pr wise? " 

Sounds like bitter LA fan (or AD owner) complaining about NO  doing the thing that is best for the franchise.

GIle Pile out...

Your own team requesting the league to levy a fine on your own player is a great look? 

Half of the league didn't handle their player like this. Also half of the league don't have a player of AD's calibre. 

I too can play your game. Sounds like a Celtics fan and someone who doesn't own AD defending the questionable actions of a team. 

Mamba out. 

Edited by HotSauce24
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

Well I took the plunge. Traded Ayton+Tobias Harris for Anthony Davis+Fultz. I mean this is the ultimate buy low opportunity. If he plays 32+ minutes he'll be worth it.

Cheeeeeaaap! I think Harris' numbers will go down eventually. Too many stars in Philly. 

2 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Wow can’t believe I traded him away ... I screwed up big time

You played yourself.