NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was way ahead of my time. I was like Bruno Caboclo. 2 years away from being 2 years away.

It's not weird because he can actually play right now and it won't make the injury worse, but the finger is going to be very painful during the initial few days. The injury is technically a fracture,

If brow sits I’ll retire from fantasy basketball until the nba institutes a rule for this style of sh!t...   I spend my hard earned bucks to play in a competitive league only to be stabbed i

Posted Images

Dudes dudes! It was the coach's and Brow decision that they made together prior to the game that he would only play tops 25 minutes tonight because he hasn't played in a few games.  Wow you guys.  It was said in post game interview.  Coach also said minutes would go back up once he gets warmed back up. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Dudes dudes! It was the coach's and Brow decision that they made together prior to the game that he would only play tops 25 minutes tonight because he hasn't played in a few games.  Wow you guys.  It was said in post game interview.  Coach also said minutes would go back up once he gets warmed back up. 

I watched his post game interview (on the court) with ESPN and there was no mention of that.

Any source you can direct us to?

• Thanks 2

For the moment, 25 minutes or more, I think AD is still the #1 beast. 32 points in 25 minutes is ridiculous lol. I know he probably hits 40 or whatever playing at least 30, but who can really complain with the line he put up. I read the story about the fine the Pelicans face if they rest him healthy, but I wouldn't be surprised come March or later when he gets hit with the 'DNP - Load Management' tag, not to mention if he strikes up another nagging injury which will give them all the excuse to sit him out extensively. His current situation is the textbook definition of risk/reward. If I was fighting for a playoff spot, I would push the chips in for him but thankfully I'm doing well so I just sit back and hope something or another will keep him from playing by the time I face the team who has him

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FantasyBallFan said:

I watched his post game interview (on the court) with ESPN and there was no mention of that.

Any source you can direct us to?

Yes. NBA network. Just look up the post game interview.  Listen to the coach. ESPN. Pretty much every where.

Edited by Bugs bunny
54 minutes ago, mas10 said:

Doesn’t matter how much minutes have been allocated for him. Him pnot playing the entire 4th in a close game is alarming. 

They didn’t even manage his minutes to have him there in the 4th. Clearly trying to tank still. Pelicans are a clown show.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mas10 said:

Doesn’t matter how much minutes have been allocated for him. Him pnot playing the entire 4th in a close game is alarming. 

Yeah the Pels management really screwed it up this time. All because Celts Danny Ainge promised them a better package with no actual commitments of any kind. Looking up the number of playoff Kyrie missed due to surgery, I would say there is a 50% chance he has another knee issue.

This could get ugly by year end. Especially if the Pels keep winning.

Look guys, there's a lot of uncertainty regarding this situation, and it's out of our control.  I know the entire point of these forums is to debate, but my assumption was that debate should be geared toward player evaluation, or how to improve.  In this case the player evaluation is over and we can't control the outcome.  My advice is just repeat serenity now...

1 minute ago, HotSauce24 said:

Sure but depends on ur playoff situation unless u r in Roto. 

No, H2H 9 cat league. Just don't know what you AD owners expect in return? Are we talking a first rounder or?

20 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

No, H2H 9 cat league. Just don't know what you AD owners expect in return? Are we talking a first rounder or?

It depends on the owner's situation.  I'm in multiple leagues and I tried to exploit the fear of AD owners in leagues where they were most afraid if they didn't sell they would miss the playoffs.

Just my opinion:

This entire situation presents bad optic for everyone involved. 

Rich Paul and his buddy LBJ,  trying to force AD to Lakers paints you as villains.  Other than Lakers, everyone else in the league likes you less than before. Some might even hate you.

For Lakers franchise and Magic,  good luck trying to repair that locker room.  If they fail to land top tier superstar  next summer (Kawhi, AD, KD) it will be long time  before they get to the WCF again.

For AD, you cannot have your cake and eat it. What  you wont (to play the rest of the season), is exact opposite  of Pelicans best interest (eliminate risk to AD health so you can get best value in return).  Healthy AD will get you more than injured AD.

For  Pelicans, it is already very bad that  AD is leaving. Now you have to play him against your wishes. They will be worse next season no matter what trade they accept.  And they are forced to play AD  and diminishing their odds in draft lottery. I would be surprised if AD plays meaningful minutes in 4th quarter at all.

And my favorite, NBA and Silver: Seriously?  How do you plan to get of this mess?  Micromanagement is very, very bad.  Now that AD minutes are limited, are you going to tell NO how to distribute them?  It will be very interesting to see what happens next time star player requests a trade (from fantasy point of view,  that will be important).   Or team benches player  for conduct detrimental to the team. Btw, "I want you trade me"  is conduct detrimental to the team in my opinion.

In other words, NBA decided to step in and tell teams which player(s) must play and how many minutes. 

This is a very  big mess. It is not over, and it will get even uglier. 

Edited by Gile Pile
  • Like 1