NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

I'm just still in shock that people in this forum really, seriously thought the league wouldn't threaten the pels to the point that they could realistically decid it was in their best interests to play the guy. Like really? 

The buddy - AD trade I made last week was vetoed by yahoo btw. A little salty. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was way ahead of my time. I was like Bruno Caboclo. 2 years away from being 2 years away.

It's not weird because he can actually play right now and it won't make the injury worse, but the finger is going to be very painful during the initial few days. The injury is technically a fracture,

If brow sits I’ll retire from fantasy basketball until the nba institutes a rule for this style of sh!t...   I spend my hard earned bucks to play in a competitive league only to be stabbed i

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I'm just still in shock that people in this forum really, seriously thought the league wouldn't threaten the pels to the point that they could realistically decid it was in their best interests to play the guy. Like really? 

The buddy - AD trade I made last week was vetoed by yahoo btw. A little salty. 

Someone was thinking about offering Okafor for him and had to come here to get reassurance.  I hope his trade went through, for his sake.

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

I'm watching the game. Jru is avoiding passing to AD... lmao

That's odd.  Not saying you're wrong as I'm not watching the game, but that goes against everything Jrue has been saying lately and would make it hard to win if they weren't playing Memphis.

Oh well I guess, as long as they both have a really nice game like they did last night (obviously I own both Davis and Holiday).

8 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

That's odd.  Not saying you're wrong as I'm not watching the game, but that goes against everything Jrue has been saying lately and would make it hard to win if they weren't playing Memphis.

Oh well I guess, as long as they both have a really nice game like they did last night (obviously I own both Davis and Holiday).

Maybe I'm wrong. There were like 5-6 pick and rolls open to AD in the 1st and he threw them out for threes instead to the roller..who was AD.

2 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

Maybe I'm wrong. There were like 5-6 pick and rolls open to AD in the 1st and he threw them out for threes instead to the roller..who was AD.

Yeah, that's not normal.  While I haven't watched that many of their games, that doesn't seem like something I would have seen in the occasional game I've gotten to see.

13 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Dude i think they're doing it. Jru just came back in middle of the 2nd. Two pick n rolls and out letted it or gave it to a cutter behind him instead of AD open under basket. Third possession AD has good position on the block and instead he takes the double team and scores. Jrus freezing him out. Im actaully with you on this i thought he wouldn't do this.

3 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Yeah, that's not normal.  While I haven't watched that many of their games, that doesn't seem like something I would have seen in the occasional game I've gotten to see.

i dunno its wierd. Again jru pick and instead of giving to AD out letted to frank jackson. Second pick n roll he took on another triple team and got blocked. I've only seen like williams, darius miller, and randle pass it to him once.

3 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

Dude i think they're doing it. Jru just came back in middle of the 2nd. Two pick n rolls and out letted it or gave it to a cutter behind him instead of AD open under basket. Third possession AD has good position on the block and instead he takes the double team and scores. Jrus freezing him out. Im actaully with you on this i thought he wouldn't do this.

I really like Jrue, but I don't care if Davis wants to be there or not. That's childish.  AD is still showing up and playing.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

I really like Jrue, but I don't care if Davis wants to be there or not. That's childish.  AD is still showing up and playing.

He's literally done it 4 more times since i've mentioned it. I dont know what the hells going on. Maybe they play like this sometimes? I dont watch the PEls but it looks like a Jru led freeze out.

3 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

He's literally done it 4 more times since i've mentioned it. I dont know what the hells going on. Maybe they play like this sometimes? I dont watch the PEls but it looks like a Jru led freeze out.

I don't get to watch them as much as I would like because I refuse to pay for NBA League Pass given the price, but I do still watch them when I can.  Last night it looked like a normal game between the two of them, but I think I've only seen one game of their's that was a back-to-back like tonight's game is.  They played awful, but not sure they were just settling for bad shots or if it was just simply a lack of effort (which I know it was at least the latter in that case).

I did start watching the game right after the Pacers and Cavs game ended and the very first play Holiday passed it to Davis at the 3-point line after a pick, but then refused to pass it to him on the last play of the half when they were both going to the hoop.  Jrue obviously ended up missing the layup he should have never bothered taking.

Maybe somebody that watches more of their games than either of us do can confirm that Jrue is definitely playing childishly tonight.  I'm leaning towards yes because early in the season when the Pelicans were on national TV several times, I remember Jrue and Davis connecting on several alley oops per game and such, so I know he enjoyed passing it to Davis then.