NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyle Isbel-OF, KC

Figured i'd go ahead and get the thread going on one of my favorite under-rated prospects from the 2018 1st year player draft.

Drafted in the 3rd round, Isbel has begun to get some love from midseason prospect lists after his blazing start to pro-ball and is giving Royals fan a prospect to finally be excited about again.

The 21 year old OF is a tremendous athlete and put up monster numbers his final year in college at UNLV. 

In 25 games in short season rookie ball Isbel hit .381 with 4 HRs, 12 SB with a terrific 14.3% K rate and 11.8% BB rate. 

Since being called up to low A Lexington, in 23 games he has continued to rake--.333 with 2 HRs, 11 SB. 18.2% K rate, 10.1% BB rate. 

The average looks a bit BABIP inflated but he's a very quick guy so a fairly high BABIP is expected. He has been swiping bags left and right and may have 15-20 HR power down the road. 

I love his approach and think he will be a solid 5 tool fantasy big leaguer down the road. He is also an above average defender. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...