NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vidal Brujan, 2B, TB

On 6/6/2021 at 6:10 PM, BIG SKI said:

Not sure how well he plays CF, but Kiermaier is hitting .200 with a 8/42 BB/K rate in 123 AB's. Better chance their than 2B

His defense is far too valuable to be outright benched

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Without looking at your team, you have the room. 

Oh, that absolutely isn't true in the slightest.   Brujan has to prove that upon his callup he WON'T rank in the top 22% (rounded to the nearest whole number) in total service in the class of Pla

Honestly at this point I'll friggin take 10 sbs from anyone 

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, street sharks said:

His defense is far too valuable to be outright benched

Is that still the case?  I know historically he was a stud defender but just looking at his dWAR numbers they've been in steady decline.  I know that's a pretty flawed and limited way of looking at it though.

• Like 1

I’m patiently stashing but realistically I think it’s going to take an injury or a trade of KK to happen. At this point it doesn’t make much sense to me to have both Phillips and KK on the same roster since it’s a little redundant carrying two glove first, left handed hitting centerfielders. I think Tampa will have to get creative to find a trade partner for KK, but if anyone can get it done it would be them. With the rate of injuries happening across baseball, it probably won’t be too long for that to happen either.

• Like 2

Rays haven't given up on Brandon Lowe and he did have two nice games last week, but with 7 strikeouts in 14 at-bats, I think their patience might wear thin. And after trying him at the top of the order last week, he was batting 7th last night (after being sat against a lefty Tuesday night).

Two more weeks of bad Brandon Lowe and I think second base might also be viable option (with Brujan shifting between 2B and the OF and Lowe moving to a platoon). I say that being a big fan of Lowe's (he carried my team a bit last year). He just hasn't hit well for quite some time.

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
On 6/11/2021 at 11:28 AM, crotchcrickets said:

can these bozos call him up already.  the endless carousel of cronenworth, india and madrigal at 2B is burning some of us out

Vidal will burn you out, too - just a matter of time 

In Longenhagen’s most recent prospect chat he mentions that he thinks it will take an injury for a promotion and also thinks he is the Rays big piece most likely dealt…. Not sure what to think about this and while I would love to see Wander and Brujan up the middle together, I sort of wouldn’t mind him getting out of TB due to their constant dickering around with the lineup and platoon habits.

Edited by StartYourStuds
Just now, StartYourStuds said:

In Longenhagen’s most recent prospect chat he mentions that he thinks it will and an injury for a promotion and also thinks he is the Rays big piece most likely dealt…. Not sure what to think about this and while I would love to see Wander and Brujan up the middle together, I sort of wouldn’t mind him getting out of TB due to their constant dickering around with the lineup and platoon habits.

what are you referring to?  who to be dealt?

36 minutes ago, StartYourStuds said:

In Longenhagen’s most recent prospect chat he mentions that he thinks it will take an injury for a promotion and also thinks he is the Rays big piece most likely dealt…. Not sure what to think about this and while I would love to see Wander and Brujan up the middle together, I sort of wouldn’t mind him getting out of TB due to their constant dickering around with the lineup and platoon habits.

I just can't imagine a trade. Brujan is buddies with Wander too. The Rays like their development together and I'm sure they don't want to separate them. The Rays have one of the best farms in baseball, and they could probably get anyone they want without giving up Brujan.

• Like 1

some of the dumbest **** i've ever seen.  these organizations are becoming a bigger joke by the day. 

he AND wander franco were white hot when they brought up taylor walls, but they didnt bring up their top prospects because of service time manipulation.

f--- these organizations.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

The Glasnow injury may be unrelated, but my 2 cents is it keeps Wander and Brujan down longer than they would have been

I disagree it’s not like they’re going to quit trying to win a championship because they lost a starter. He’s the ace I know, but no team is just going to throw their arms up and say we give up because of one injury. If anything they’ll feel the pressure and need to be even better offensively as there’s no room for error and they’ll call these guys up.

In the case of Franco, if Glasnow ends up on the 60 day IL it would open up that 40 man spot everyone has thought as a big hurdle. For both of them though I think sending down Brosseau was a big move because it shows they’re not looking at him as a roster spot lock or a guy they’re remaining patient with. I think that shows whatever their date is for calling up one of these studs, Brosseau won’t be the guy that stands in the way (and yes I know he’s back up to take Glasnow’s spot it just means now is not their date).

Edited by Wytchclt55
7 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

I disagree it’s not like they’re going to quit trying to win a championship because they lost a starter. He’s the ace I know, but no team is just going to throw their arms up and say we give up because of one injury. If anything they’ll feel the pressure and need to be even better offensively as there’s no room for error and they’ll call these guys up.

In the case of Franco, if Glasnow ends up on the 60 day IL it would open up that 40 man spot everyone has thought as a big hurdle. For both of them though I think sending down Brosseau was a big move because it shows they’re not looking at him as a roster spot lock or a guy they’re remaining patient with. I think that shows whatever their date is for calling up one of these studs, Brosseau won’t be the guy that stands in the way (and yes I know he’s back up to take Glasnow’s spot it just means now is not their date).

You could be right, just my opinion that this gives the Rays an excuse to manipulate them even more unfortunately, and Brujan is on somewhat a cold stretch atm as well. I guess we'll see but I've wanted them up for weeks now and think this injury will push the timeline back even more, so I hope you are correct tbh hah

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

You could be right, just my opinion that this gives the Rays an excuse to manipulate them even more unfortunately, and Brujan is on somewhat a cold stretch atm as well. I guess we'll see but I've wanted them up for weeks now and think this injury will push the timeline back even more, so I hope you are correct tbh hah

I hope I’m right too but even I know I’m probably biased as a Rays fan. I am interested to see if this makes them shop harder for SP at the trade deadline. Brujan has been a name mentioned as a trade piece but knowing the rays I doubt they would do that. They usually view top prospects as “~6 year cheap talent” rather than “chips.” 
They have such success getting the most out of mediocre pitchers I feel like they’d trade for a Wacha or Rich Hill type rather than a (healthy) Scherzer type. I expect a trade before I expect an acceleration on Baz or McClanahan’s development, too. 

Edited by Wytchclt55
1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

I’m not sure I understand. Manipulate them even more? They’re not holding them down until next year, won’t be September call ups, so not sure what you’re thinking here.

I also think the opposite is true. Losing pitching, I think it’s quite possible that having an offense that can put up runs may be more important, meaning Wander and Brujan are more needed than when they were just cruising along.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Brujan is already in the 40 man roster….

14 minutes ago, Smallball said:

Brujan is already in the 40 man roster….

I think @Wytchclt55 is aware (particularly as a Rays fan), he was just specifically referencing Franco's situation as one where he could also be added to the 40 man in the event Glasnow gets added to the 60 day IL (which seems inevitable). In other words, the potentially difficult hurdle of adding Franco to the 40 man has a clear path to being cleared, which could allow one (or both) of Brujan/Franco to be called up once the organization feels safe that the Super 2 date has passed.

• Thanks 1