NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vidal Brujan, 2B, TB

3 hours ago, Overlord said:

Guys, if Brujan hits a homer every single at-bat they will still keep him down until Super Two cutoff unless they suspect the next labor agreement won't grandfather the old agreement. 

They're already playing him at 3 OF spots.  The  "working on defense" excuse is ready to go.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Without looking at your team, you have the room. 

Oh, that absolutely isn't true in the slightest.   Brujan has to prove that upon his callup he WON'T rank in the top 22% (rounded to the nearest whole number) in total service in the class of Pla

Honestly at this point I'll friggin take 10 sbs from anyone 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Overlord said:

Guys, if Brujan hits a homer every single at-bat they will still keep him down until Super Two cutoff unless they suspect the next labor agreement won't grandfather the old agreement. 

Please no

10 minutes ago, dave8809 said:

Not in the lineup today......day off or.......??? 

One can only dream!

It’s part of the Rays developmental process to prepare their young stars to frequently sit out games so they’re ready when they get to the bigs.

<only half joking>

• Haha 3
16 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

KK hit the 10 day DL.  

They called up a reliever to take KK’s spot. Why would they do that? Well, my theory/hope is that they figured they could use an extra arm out of the bullpen today with McClanahan pitching, knowing that he’s not going deep in the game. Durham has a day off tomorrow so there’s not really a pressing need to get a 23-year old a day off. Could be just wishful thinking, but I don’t think it’s out of the question to see him get the call for Tuesday’s game against the Yankees.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, meh2 said:

They called up a reliever to take KK’s spot. Why would they do that? Well, my theory/hope is that they figured they could use an extra arm out of the bullpen today with McClanahan pitching, knowing that he’s not going deep in the game. Durham has a day off tomorrow so there’s not really a pressing need to get a 23-year old a day off. Could be just wishful thinking, but I don’t think it’s out of the question to see him get the call for Tuesday’s game against the Yankees.

Think you started a rumor....adds are compiling on Yahoo!

27 minutes ago, Strikeforce316 said:

Think you started a rumor....adds are compiling on Yahoo!

I’d love to think I had that kind of influence but most everyone around here has been ignoring my posts for years.

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Strikeforce316 said:

I can't find anything on a possible promotion.....I think it might be FoMo 

He was getting a lot of buzz with just the wheels as a no power guy.  If he grows into above average power, from the premium position,  I (and many others ) want to be in on the ground floor.  He will start making the articles and the “must adds” columns soon.  I think Franco is shielding him from exposure for now, but If there’s any serious injuries anywhere I’m Tampa, he’s the easiest to slide in and let the others shuffle.  I didn’t want to be in on that scramble.  I’ll hold for weeks, or months or whatever and enjoy the AAA boxscores.

Edited by Cesare13
  • Like 1
On 5/9/2021 at 5:16 PM, meh2 said:

Looks like it's Kevin Padlo, unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

lol 0-6 with 5 K's Kevin Padlo.  

The rays arent even trying to hide what theyre doing.  

2BB / 5K in 8 PA Kevin Padlo who has done really well in the minors. A fiscally tight club is going to do its due diligence on any fringe regular to maximize any value they can. This should be expected with the Rays imo.

On 5/9/2021 at 12:34 AM, Overlord said:

I'll be pretty surprised if I have to eat crow on the above prediction.  The Rays (probably justifiably) feel that 30-40 games of Brujan/Wander in 2021 is not worth the extra year of arbitration and the possible 15-25 million dollar salary hit years down the road (and, perhaps even more importantly, the significantly reduced trade value due to  the loss of an extra year of non-arb control).  

1 minute ago, Dirtywater97 said:

2BB / 5K in 8 PA Kevin Padlo who has done really well in the minors. A fiscally tight club is going to do its due diligence on any fringe regular to maximize any value they can. This should be expected with the Rays imo.

It is expected.  That is the problem.