NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Conner 2018 Outlook

sjm76

14 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

I went from having Gurley, hunt, conner to now Gurley and ware... Just brutal. I still have Mahomes and Kelce to bank on and other facets but the team I had was just crushing its way to victory.

If conner goes that sucks so bad, I'll be so mad.. I can handle if he only misses a single game tho hopefully 

I feel terrible for you stuck with Gurley and Ware!!!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

Think about this week.

Conner and Hunt taken from owners the same weekend. Right before playoffs. AJ Green comes back to be done for the season. Melvin Gordon injured week before final week of fantasy regular season.

At the end of the day, no matter how much research and how smart you think you are, this game is literally all luck.

7 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

This is what I've been saying for years, and all the kids mock and laugh.  It's like, if you DON'T think it's all luck, then you haven't been playing fantasy football long enough. 

Anyone who is good and has been playing a long time knows that fantasy sports are not about luck... Sh*t happens to good and bad players, but in the long run, skill plays a major part. 

1 minute ago, Random Dude said:

Anyone who is good and has been playing a long time knows that fantasy sports are not about luck... Sh*t happens to good and bad players, but in the long run, skill plays a major part. 

Lol, sure buddy.  Keep telling yourself your the best fantasy player ever when you dominate your friends and family league every year.

Just now, Random Dude said:

There is skill involved, yes, but it's also alot of luck. You can have the most stacked team and still easily lose due to injuries or unexpected game script. Skill in fantasy doesnt prevent injury. 

If your in contention year in and year out for the most part consistently, meaning you make the playoffs and have a chance for a championship run you have skill to this game. But as far as winning it all it comes down to some luck. You can have the best record all year long but unfortunately in the playoffs it’s one and done. A team can simply out perform yours on any given day even if you have top studs. It Happens all the time. 

5 minutes ago, Random Dude said:

Agreed mostly.  in the long run better owners will average more wins.  More attentive to pickups, better at trades, whatever it is...  

But luck does play a huge part on a week to week or even year to year basis. 

Him being able to walk off is a good-ish sign. Chao is saying likely Hight Ankle Sprain which would be 2-4 weeks. Literally dropped Samuel on Thursday to snagged Ware in a league In a league that has become a 2 horse race between me and the guy who had Hunt. Keeping my fingers crossed. At least I will have a 1rd bye next week if its something minor.

11 minutes ago, Random Dude said:

Too young, come back after 20 years.

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Are u poor at FF?  

I lost one year in the playoffs when my QB kneeled down the last 3 plays of the game.  The real s---y part, my opponents QB got subbed out for the backup QB who took the last 3 kneels downs, so his QB didn't get the negative points.  That was how I lost, never convince me this game isn't all luck.

3 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

I lost one year in the playoffs when my QB kneeled down the last 3 plays of the game.  The real s---y part, my opponents QB got subbed out for the backup QB who took the last 3 kneels downs, so his QB didn't get the negative points.  That was how I lost, never convince me this game isn't all luck.

Small sample sizes and low intelligence tend to lead to these conclusions. 

41 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

Think about this week.

Conner and Hunt taken from owners the same weekend. Right before playoffs. AJ Green comes back to be done for the season. Melvin Gordon injured week before final week of fantasy regular season.

At the end of the day, no matter how much research and how smart you think you are, this game is literally all luck.

I mean if you mean 'figuratively' when you say 'literally', then yeah, you're completely right.

Just now, weakkneeswilly said:

Yeah like 95 %. 

I guess that depends on how you play the game. If you're making draft choices, start/sit choices, free agent pickups, and trades by closing your eyes and pointing or literally rolling dice, I guess you might be in that ballpark.

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Surely no one is dense enough to think it’s all one or the other....

shirley

Oh...you'd be surprised. For a lot of people, the fact that they can't control some aspects indicates that to them that they have no control. 

Archived