James Conner 2018 Outlook

sjm76

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, roughnecker101 said:

Walked out of locker room without  a limp

53 minutes ago, NyjersInParis said:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/12/3/18123284/james-conner-one-of-several-players-injured-in-steelers-loss-to-chargers-nfl-news-ryan-switzer

the article mentions how he walked around the locker room without a limp, but isn't sure how he would be tomorrow 

52 minutes ago, Brotherbock said:

Unsure if 'Patriot-News' is a New England thing or an Idaho Militia thing, but here it is.

25 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Looks like we dodged a bullet 

Is he having an MRI tomorrow?

Not to scare anyone, but here is a similar situation from the preseason:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/701506-derrius-guice-2018-outlook/?do=findComment&comment=7949896

10 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Is he having an MRI tomorrow?

Not to scare anyone, but here is a similar situation from the preseason:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/701506-derrius-guice-2018-outlook/?do=findComment&comment=7949896

Guice’s initial diagnosis was a sprained MCL so it’s a little different in that regard.

on the other hand reports did say he walked on it after the game just like Conner did so who knows. 

We aren’t out of the woods yet but to me it doesn’t seem like there is any major damage.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up with a sprain though. A high ankle sprain would put him out for possibly the rest of the regular season. Hopefully it’s just a contusion like early reports say and he can play next week or the week after. 

6 hours ago, Brotherbock said:

Unsure if 'Patriot-News' is a New England thing or an Idaho Militia thing, but here it is.

Patriot News and Penn Live is a Pennsylvania newspaper based out of Harrisburg. They cover the Steelers, Eagles, Penn State football very closely. I’d believe their information personally.

Source: live in Pa. 

For what it's worth, David Chao said it is a classic high ankle sprain last night.  I don't know how to embed tweets, but it's easy to google and find.

Guess we'll have to wait for the MRI...

Just now, CooL said:

For what it's worth, David Chao said it is a classic high ankle sprain last night.  I don't know how to embed tweets, but it's easy to google and find.

Almost as easy as looking over the last 3 pages where it was posted multiple times?

7 minutes ago, CooL said:

After reading that article about the bad boy David Chao, he is the man. 

6 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Almost as easy as looking over the last 3 pages where it was posted multiple times?

How dare he try to post something helpful to others before wasting his time scouring through previous pages to ensure it wasn’t already posted. How thoughtless.

Although I too thought it was a high ankle sprain I can see it being a calf bruise as the defender drove his knee right into his lower leg. If he didn't have a boot on his foot after the game, I think that's a good sign it wasn't sprained.

6 hours ago, Under500Forever said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up with a sprain though. A high ankle sprain would put him out for possibly the rest of the regular season. Hopefully it’s just a contusion like early reports say and he can play next week or the week after. 

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

I love Chao’s work/opinions good or bad as he’s rarely wrong but from what it sounds like from the article I’m gonna have to guess/hope this one of the few times Chao is wrong. 

If it was a high ankle sprain he would be obviously limping (contrary to that article) and walking with a boot. 

Oddly enough the last time I remember Chao being wrong was a about a month ago when he thought Shady had a high ankle sprain as well. Can’t really see him being off twice on the same prediction but I can see Shady being easy to misdiagnose as he literally does cut on a dime. 

48 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

I love Chao’s work/opinions good or bad as he’s rarely wrong but from what it sounds like from the article I’m gonna have to guess/hope this one of the few times Chao is wrong. 

If it was a high ankle sprain he would be obviously limping (contrary to that article) and walking with a boot. 

Oddly enough the last time I remember Chao being wrong was a about a month ago when he thought Shady had a high ankle sprain as well. Can’t really see him being off twice on the same prediction but I can see Shady being easy to misdiagnose as he literally does cut on a dime. 

The guy is constantly wrong, last week he had Xavier Rhodes out for the year with a completely turn hamstring.  This week he plays.  Earlier in the year after a horse collar tackle he had Cooper Kupp with a torn knee, only for him to come back in the same game.

2 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

The guy is constantly wrong, last week he had Xavier Rhodes out for the year with a completely turn hamstring.  This week he plays.  Earlier in the year after a horse collar tackle he had Cooper Kupp with a torn knee, only for him to come back in the same game.

a blind squirrel can win the golden ticket to Charlies chocolate factory, David Chao is not constantly wrong

A little late, but people that talk about the amount of luck involved in fantasy football, usually aren't very good at it.

Lots of luck in the playoffs, but the same teams generally make it to the playoffs across my leagues every year.

Just now, dmb3684 said:

A little late, but people that talk about the amount of luck involved in fantasy football, usually aren't very good at it.

Lots of luck in the playoffs, but the same teams generally make it to the playoffs across my leagues every year.

Then your league is top heavy.

All positive signs so far:

1) Injury realky didn’t look that bad when it happened.

2) Tomlin called it a “contusion”.

3) Apparently walking around with no boot or noticeable limp.

But it’s so hard to speculate.  Xavier Rhodes looked done for the season last week with a severe hammy pull and was fine.

Fingers crossed!

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Based on the video I saw, high ankle sprain for Steelers RB #JamesConner - I hope I’m wrong, but his regular season is almost certainly over.

For those who bother to follow up, this is a fake account. It has 2 followers. Hopefully, this isn't the Chao post discussed above. 

just delete this.. this is fake

2 minutes ago, almonte said:

I really hope he either plays fully next week, or sits. PLEASE don't be a Matt Breida situation where he "gives it a go" for one drive and then decides to sit out the rest of the game.

Very likely he plays next week. He will probably come back week 15. 

13 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

As per to Mike Tomlin - He suffered Leg Contusion. 

Definitely didn't look like a contusion. Never trust Tomlin. It's the same same coach that told his special teams players to block the game winning kick last night by leaving early on each attempt. The same guy that tried to trip a player a few years back. 

All i will rely on are  Conner's participation levels in practice this week. 

Archived