NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Conner 2018 Outlook

sjm76

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just trying to get a pulse. 

For non Bell owners, have you gotten any trade requests from the Bell owner? I wonder if Conner is getting a premium value in return (relative to where he was drafted).

29 minutes ago, The Caucasian Sensation said:

Even if Bell returns do the Steelers limit his touches in Game 1? Will he show up in shape? I have added Conner in all of my deeper leagues, Bell's lack of practice and possibly not being in football shape usually doesn't bode well as far as resisting the injury bug.

I think they will limit his touches, atleast for the first game, even if he shows up.

2 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Have him queued up to add if Bell doesn’t show since my week one opponent has Bell.

For free? Add him for sure.

2 hours ago, Tenner said:

Just trying to get a pulse. 

For non Bell owners, have you gotten any trade requests from the Bell owner? I wonder if Conner is getting a premium value in return (relative to where he was drafted).

You wont get a premium offer from owners because some owners, early in the season, still tie trade stock with when a player was drafted. Also, Bell is not hurt and he could report back to the team any day now which is still likely. Also, its still early in the season, so owners probably have a capable "plan b" to get them by the first week or so. If this goes into week 2, the value of Connor increases significantly.

Seems like this guy should be getting more hype, despite the constant flow of "no, really, Bell is going to report. For reals this time. No, seriously" stories.

Especially if you're just grabbing him as a free agent.

Even if Bell does report, Conner will be involved.

14 hours ago, clarkevii said:

This place will be bumpin when Bell doesn’t report tomorrow....

Bell didn’t show up today. 

What did i say? This hold out is real.

James Conner is that back that will be winning people championships this year.

Just now, clarkevii said:

Bell didn’t show up today. 

What did i say? This hold out is real.

James Conner is that back that will be winning people championships this year.

Even if Bell does hold out, worst case scenario my guess is he will be back by midway through the season.

Doesn't he kind of suck though...did nothing on the ground during preseason with the 1st offense. I would not spend any FAAB on him if I couldn't get him for free

I think Of this situation to Khalil Mack. Bell will not play week one, and the now the cards are on James Conner hands. He will thrive as a starter. Shaun Alexander got his opportunity to be great because he was the next man up and that what the NFL is about, “ The next man up”. I could be wrong but the opportunity is there for Conner to take it! If Conner takes it, I expect the 49ers to Trade for Le’Veon and PAY HIM WHAT HE DESERVES! And for people thinking he selfish for that , look at the disrespect the RB position been getting the past few years. Money wise, Draft value wise, and releasing veteran RB for the sake of shared backfields. Leveon Bell is fighting for the sake of the position it self. And when it comes to James Connor extension when/if he kills it’s, he’s going to be thanking Leveon Bell for uplifting the RB position

Every league im in, the Bell owners missed their chance. Got him for free. I think he will sit out yet again and preserve himself for FA next season. Adam Schefter may be right. James Connor looked decent in Preseason and quite frankly he should be owned in all formats. 

Could be a League Winner, and a steal atm. Do not let him slip away.

As a Steelers fan and non Bell owner in all leagues I just added Conner for free because why not? Better than waiting an extra day if Bell shows up. Only league I wasn't able to snag Conner was in 1 where the Bell owner handcuff him in the draft.

18 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

I think Of this situation to Khalil Mack. Bell will not play week one, and the now the cards are on James Conner hands. He will thrive as a starter. Shaun Alexander got his opportunity to be great because he was the next man up and that what the NFL is about, “ The next man up”. I could be wrong but the opportunity is there for Conner to take it! If Conner takes it, I expect the 49ers to Trade for Le’Veon and PAY HIM WHAT HE DESERVES! And for people thinking he selfish for that , look at the disrespect the RB position been getting the past few years. Money wise, Draft value wise, and releasing veteran RB for the sake of shared backfields. Leveon Bell is fighting for the sake of the position it self. And when it comes to James Connor extension when/if he kills it’s, he’s going to be thanking Leveon Bell for uplifting the RB position

As a Bell/Conner and former McKinnon owner I would really love this

1 minute ago, Ponchosox said:

Who has more upside, Conner or Morris?

Upside Conner.  Morris is “safer” though. I’m in a ppr league. Picked up Morris recently.  Just dropped him for Conner.  I really only need the RB2 until week 3 so I went for the upside

1 hour ago, Savatage79 said:

I don't think bell will report, I think his days are over tbh.. I'm just glad I had made a preemptive strike on some conner shares as that could be huge

Please...

3 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Got Marshall Lynch and Crowell on the Bench. Along with E Sanders and J Crowder. 2RBs and 2WRs.

Do you guys think Conner will be better than Lynch?

To get Conner, probably have to drop Crowell or Jameison Crowder.

Is it worth it?

I don't understand the handcuff concept, we have not Conner enough but how does he become startable.

Yes, Conner is a top 15 RB without Bell.  Better than Lynch/Crow for sure.

Archived