NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Conner 2018 Outlook

sjm76

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, marlin said:

Upside Conner.  Morris is “safer” though. I’m in a ppr league. Picked up Morris recently.  Just dropped him for Conner.  I really only need the RB2 until week 3 so I went for the upside

I did the same thing had to drop someone might as well have been Morris more of a upside with Conner bench spot anyways for now.

32 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Every league im in, the Bell owners missed their chance. Got him for free. I think he will sit out yet again and preserve himself for FA next season. Adam Schefter may be right. James Connor looked decent in Preseason and quite frankly he should be owned in all formats. 

Could be a League Winner, and a steal atm. Do not let him slip away.

Every league (FIVE) that I am in that already drafted  (10 & 12 team) James Connor was drafted 

Just now, zen25 said:

One game. 

Definitely Conner, Pittsburgh offense is so much better than Oakland's offense, it isn't even funny. Conner's potential is tied to how good he actually is in actual NFL games where he has to touch the ball 20 times, but Marshawn is basically an RB3 in Oakland any way you cut it, and Conner's starter floor is higher than that.

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Every league (FIVE) that I am in that already drafted  (10 & 12 team) James Connor was drafted 

Only one league drafted him late, and it wasnt the bell owner smh. You got some smart people in your leagues. But we did draft a tad bit earlier. But still he should be owned in all formats.

Last year, I took Kareem Hunt with my last pick of my draft. This year I took James Conner  as my last pick before all the news, but the writings been on the wall for months. It’s either gonna take a lot $$$ for this relationship to make up or its going to be a very bad break up.

8 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

Last year, I took Kareem Hunt with my last pick of my draft. This year I took James Conner  as my last pick before all the news, but the writings been on the wall for months. It’s either gonna take a lot $$$ for this relationship to make up or its going to be a very bad break up.

I think it's to late for a fix, steelers don't roll that way because they know they'll make another star rb so it's really done at this point imho. I think bell will avoid the season to avoid injury and if he does play, I'd be crazy surprised if he even remotely pushes himself like he normally can do 

2 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

I think it's to late for a fix, steelers don't roll that way because they know they'll make another star rb so it's really done at this point imho. I think bell will avoid the season to avoid injury and if he does play, I'd be crazy surprised if he even remotely pushes himself like he normally can do 

Really.....    is this the narrative around Pitt right now ben? 

I have my biggest $ draft in 5 hrs-  someone talk to me 

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Really.....    is this the narrative around Pitt right now ben? 

I have my biggest $ draft in 5 hrs-  someone talk to me 

Somewhat bri, I honestly wouldn't draft bell even given the chance.. Everyone here is pretty much thinking that this ship has definitely sailed and like I said even if he plays I don't see him risking injury pushing for those extra yards. Alot are pretty much over it and if bell would miraculously sign people would be cool but overall most are ready for next man up and start looking forward 

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Don’t take Bell. Take DJ or Gurley. I’m assuming you have pick 1or 2.

Don’t know yet- randomized one hr before.

bell very well might fall. If he’s there at 6 or 8...what does one do?

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Unless your league mates are very in the know, I’d still expect him to go top 3. Even if they are, a lot of people probably don’t believe that he may miss any a games. 

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

I would grab Kamara Fournette or Melvin. You can't whiff on pick #1

5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I would still pass. Youre going to end up with a stud regardless but I rather have one that is in game shape and is starting Week 1.

3 minutes ago, clarkevii said:

I would grab Kamara Fournette or Melvin. You can't whiff on pick #1

Yea id happily take Gordon, Kamara or fournette over bell

Bell seems the type that has no limits to making a point 

10 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I wouldn't pass up on him pick 7-10+ and maybe grab Conner at 10-11? Just to be safe

Just now, dave.zavala89 said:

I wouldn't pass up on him pick 7-10+ and maybe grab Conner at 10-11? Just to be safe

People are onto it tho, I bet some guys will start to snatch conner up mid rounds of they feel they have a solid enough lineup already to do so.. I know I'd take a grab at conner in 7 8 or 9 perhaps and just roll with it. 

Archived