NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Conner 2018 Outlook

sjm76

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

People are onto it tho, I bet some guys will start to snatch conner up mid rounds of they feel they have a solid enough lineup already to do so.. I know I'd take a grab at conner in 7 8 or 9 perhaps and just roll with it. 

Connor is a huge reach in rounds 7-9, especially if youre drafting him over a guy like Tevin Coleman. I dont think he's that good. Not really good at hitting the right hole and cant pass block, both which are strengths of Bell. I think he's more of a RB2 if Bell misses time.

5 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Connor is a huge reach in rounds 7-9, especially if youre drafting him over a guy like Tevin Coleman. I dont think he's that good. Not really good at hitting the right hole and cant pass block, both which are strengths of Bell. I think he's more of a RB2 if Bell misses time.

It's simply opportunity.. Sure maybe 7 but id happily grab him in 9 or 10 based on the current situation. And I think conner is actually pretty solid overall but needs to work on some things 

44 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Somewhat bri, I honestly wouldn't draft bell even given the chance.. Everyone here is pretty much thinking that this ship has definitely sailed and like I said even if he plays I don't see him risking injury pushing for those extra yards. Alot are pretty much over it and if bell would miraculously sign people would be cool but overall most are ready for next man up and start looking forward 

Disagree. I see it if Bell plays he plays hard, I just don’t see him doing it any other way. He knows injuries happen on noncontact plays, he is going to do what he has been doing. 

no way would I pass on Bell. 

1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

Only one league drafted him late, and it wasnt the bell owner smh. You got some smart people in your leagues. But we did draft a tad bit earlier. But still he should be owned in all formats.

I don’t know about that ... in no particular order Connor in three leagues with picks # 164, 156 & 160 

23 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Can't believe the overreaction.

Then again it's RW ...

Exactly right, this guy is a late round flier right now. R7-9 is crazy. I'd much rather pick up guys like Peyton Barber, Crowell, and Hyde in that range... even Jamaal Williams. You take Conner in the last round or two instead of a kicker or defense and see what happens week 1. 

That said, I still think he is a good stash because IF something happens with Bell this guy is probably at least a RB2.

A few days ago yes I'd agree, but with this theme now that bell might truly not report I say it's worth a reach. 

To each their own, I'm confident in my season I'll get a few other waiver gems that make up for a few reaches in the draft. The draft is not the be all end all to a season but that's just me

7 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Disagree. I see it if Bell plays he plays hard, I just don’t see him doing it any other way. He knows injuries happen on noncontact plays, he is going to do what he has been doing. 

I don’t know about that ... in no particular order Connor in three leagues with picks # 164, 156 & 160 

Grabbed him at 161. Bell owner’s last two picks were 168 and 169. I couldnt believe he passed on him at the earlier turn. 

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Don’t know yet- randomized one hr before.

bell very well might fall. If he’s there at 6 or 8...what does one do?

At this point I would avoid. This coming from an angry owner who drafted him 2 a little over a week ago

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Just want to make it clear, im not basing anything from my league, im just saying he wasnt drafted in 2 leagues im in. The other two he was at the last round.

4 minutes ago, ValyrianSteelers said:

So, with all the talk at the moment, how high would you estimate his current value?

I think of making a trade for Conner. On my bench are Ingram, Breida, Morris, Murray, J. Hill and Stills. Is there anyone you would give up for Conner at the moment? 

Hill imo

1- Leveon reports tomorrow

2- Conner gets enough Sunday hype to warrant some calling him a flex, even though he probably shouldn't

3- Unless he scores a TD, he was probably has a useless/low end start

4- We forget about Conner unless Bell gets hurt

Won't guarantee it, butI feel like this is the most likely outcome we're looking at.

4 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

1- Leveon reports tomorrow

2- Conner gets enough Sunday hype to warrant some calling him a flex, even though he probably shouldn't

3- Unless he scores a TD, he was probably has a useless/low end start

4- We forget about Conner unless Bell gets hurt

Won't guarantee it, butI feel like this is the most likely outcome we're looking at.

Seems like tomorrow is the make or break day..not sure why, but it seems that way..everyone said that they he was going to report Monday too..?

3 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Tomorrow sure does seem like the make or break day for this week. 

4 minutes ago, the_dying_dream said:

Seems like tomorrow is the make or break day..not sure why, but it seems that way..everyone said that they he was going to report Monday too..?

FWIW Pouncey commented Bell would be back tomorrow. So I'd agree tomorrow is a big day. 

5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Pouncey originally said Bell would report Wednesday, to which he disputed it. I'm facing Bell this week

I'm not saying it didnt happen,  but is there a link you can provide where Bell explicitly states hes not returning tomorrow?

10 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I'm not saying it didnt happen,  but is there a link you can provide where Bell explicitly states hes not returning tomorrow?

The news article came out a couple days ago where Pouncey claims Bell told him he would report Wednesday. 

Bell posted on twitter something along the lines of "I didnt tell anyone anything" after the story broke. Everyone assumes he is referring to what Pouncey said.

10 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Pouncey said “he knows Lev” and he feels like tomorrow will be the day he reports.

Archived