NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Inherited Keeper Draft.. What Needs To Change? (WHIR)

Inherited this team over the summer and had my draft last night. League is a deep 16 team with full point PPR and 0.25 point per rushing attempt.

QB C. Keenum (149th overall)

WR J. Gordon (85th overall)

WR R. Anderson (Keeper)

WR C. Kupp (Keeper)

RB E. Elliott (Keeper)

RB J. Ajayi (Keeper)

TE G. Olsen (Keeper)

K B. McManus (226th overall)

DEF Kansas City (197th overall)

BE S. Michel (101st overall)

BE J. Edelman (117th overall)

BE C. Meredith (165th overall)

BE C. Clement (181st overall)

BE B. Marshall (213th overall)

BE R. Smith (229th overall)

I was aiming for more of a A. Smith type QB, but they flew off the board with most teams grabbing two of them, so I just tried to stick with it and wait as long as possible.

I handcuffed both my RBs, just as insurance, and tried to get other players that could carve out a bigger role (Marshall/Meredith).

Overall what needs to be done to get this team competitive in a 16 team league? What trades should I pursue? Thanks for helping and leave your links below.

8 minutes ago, DonaldsDucks said:

Inherited this team over the summer and had my draft last night. League is a deep 16 team with full point PPR and 0.25 point per rushing attempt.

QB C. Keenum (149th overall)

WR J. Gordon (85th overall)

WR R. Anderson (Keeper)

WR C. Kupp (Keeper)

RB E. Elliott (Keeper)

RB J. Ajayi (Keeper)

TE G. Olsen (Keeper)

K B. McManus (226th overall)

DEF Kansas City (197th overall)

BE S. Michel (101st overall)

BE J. Edelman (117th overall)

BE C. Meredith (165th overall)

BE C. Clement (181st overall)

BE B. Marshall (213th overall)

BE R. Smith (229th overall)

I was aiming for more of a A. Smith type QB, but they flew off the board with most teams grabbing two of them, so I just tried to stick with it and wait as long as possible.

I handcuffed both my RBs, just as insurance, and tried to get other players that could carve out a bigger role (Marshall/Meredith).

Overall what needs to be done to get this team competitive in a 16 team league? What trades should I pursue? Thanks for helping and leave your links below.

I've never done a 16 team league, but all things considered, that looks solid. I'd wait and see how Josh Gordon performs. Not wild about Keenum but it's the type of unsexy pick that yields value late in drafts. Roll with it. I do think Olsen will stumble this year, but Cam will look for him early in the season. Sell high if the opportunity presents itself. 

If Gordon doesn't pan out as a WR1-2, I'd consider unloading Zeke (who is a great RB) for a very good RB and a very good WR.

I think you have a few nice wild cards on your bench, too. Michel, Edelman, Meredith and Clement should all be excellent value, and Rod Smith is a capable fill-in should Zeke go down. 

Help? 

Archived