NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keeper deadline tonight: OBJ, Mel Gordon, Wentz? WHIR

12 team .25pt PPR league. QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLX (RB,WR,TE) DST, K, BE x7. We keep players at their original round draft price.

Candidates                          Could also consider.

OBJ for 1st rd                     D. Adams for 5th rd

M. Gordon for 2nd rd         Diggs for 7th rd

Wentz for 14th rd

Right now I'm leaning towards keeping Gordon for the fact he plays a premium position and getting him at 15th overall give me some value (some mocks have him 8th OVR). I do however worry about inefficiency and risk of injury to RBs in general (burned by DJ last yr), plus Ekeler might take some volume.

OBJ is best WR of the bunch but 1st rd is a lot of capital compared to Adams/Diggs who are not on OBJ level  BUT I could keep them for a 5th/7th rd pick which is much better "value" relative to their current ADP.

Wentz is clearly the best "value" for a 14th rd pk based on ADP. Seems like a no-brainer but injury and potential loss of Alshon concern me some. 

My first round pick is 10th this yr so much if not all of the top-tier RB talent is likely to be gone by the time I pick. Would rather take the best RB at 10th and already have Gordon at 15th and then go WR/WR at 3/4 swing. 

Am I overthinking this? Just go with best "value" in Wentz, the best talent in OBJ, or the premium position RB in Gordon? Thanks.

To clarify

12 team .25 PPR Snake

1 yr 1 keeper league so keepers from last yr go back into the pool (zeke, DJ, LeVeon, D Freeman, Evans, Brandon Cooks, Ajayi, Julio, Jordy) 2 teams had no keeper

Dont know the other keepers but the candidates for other teams are...

AB for 1st rd or Fournette for 2nd rd

Gurley for 2nd rd

Hunt for 4th rd

Hopkins for 2nd rd or D. Henry for 10th rd

Michael Thomas for 2nd rd

CMC or Dalvin Cook for 4th rd

Keenan Allen for 3rd rd

Kamara for 15th rd

McCoy for 2nd or Ja Williams for 13th rd

Mixon for 3rd

Gronk for 2nd

Thanks Again

Personally I think I'd go with Adams in the 5th. OBJ and Gordon are pretty much at value, and taking Gordon means you loose an early second. Wentz doesn't move the needle for me considering how far he's falling in drafts, and while I like Diggs, give me the #1 option for ARod. 

Also, nice job to that Kamara owner. 

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/713036-thoughts-on-draft-6th-pick-05ppr-12-team/

I'd do OBJ, Gordon, Adams. You only start 7 players (excluding DST and K), so securing 3 top players is worth more than securing decent number guys later on in the draft (like Wentz). Then you'd still have your 3rd round (34th) and 4th round (39th) picks, where you could draft a couple of RBs (maybe a Drake, Collins, Henry, Miller, Ajayi, etc. would be available)... then maybe start looking at TE and QB somewhere between the 6th-9th rounds... and then go from there. But getting those 3 is a good start. 

58 minutes ago, Fade2White12 said:

Personally I think I'd go with Adams in the 5th. OBJ and Gordon are pretty much at value, and taking Gordon means you loose an early second. Wentz doesn't move the needle for me considering how far he's falling in drafts, and while I like Diggs, give me the #1 option for ARod. 

Agree 100% with this.   

12 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

I'd do OBJ, Gordon, Adams. You only start 7 players (excluding DST and K), so securing 3 top players is worth more than securing decent number guys later on in the draft (like Wentz). Then you'd still have your 3rd round (34th) and 4th round (39th) picks, where you could draft a couple of RBs (maybe a Drake, Collins, Henry, Miller, Ajayi, etc. would be available)... then maybe start looking at TE and QB somewhere between the 6th-9th rounds... and then go from there. But getting those 3 is a good start. 

I'd also like to add that the keeper costs on OBJ and Gordon aren't as high as they seem. Yes, it costs a 10th overall pick for OBJ, but there's also about 7 guys in the top 15 that are being kept for a pick later than the 1st round. So that 10th overall pick would likely be closer to a 17th-20th overall pick effectively. Same idea with Gordon, except there are a few more 2nds being kept (some probably before the 15th overall pick) so the cost is probably closer to 20th-23rd overall.

5 hours ago, Fade2White12 said:

Also, nice job to that Kamara owner. 

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/713036-thoughts-on-draft-6th-pick-05ppr-12-team/

I drafted Kamara as well but dropped him week 3 last yr before he took off and he was snatched up by someone else due to antiquated waiver priority inverse order of standings :( 

Thanks everyone for the advise. I had had the thought of keeping D. Adams prior to posting here but this cements my choice. Good luck to you all this season!!!

@Idoolittle Good point about considering my 10th overall pick more like a 17th pick and my 15th pick more like a 22nd pick. Guess really all the picks are 1/2 to 1 rd lower. 

@kevinwayne20 Nice keepers

Thanks again!!

Archived