NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trenton Cannon 2018 Outlook

One of my favorite true sleepers. 6th Rd pick. Currently running as the Jets 3rd string RB behind Crowell and Powell, the Jets say they have a few packages specifically for him. Now he still needs to beat out West and McGuire is prob coming back in the next few weeks. So yeah, you could say he's got plenty of obstacles to overcome and be relevant. He's also been a little banged up in camp, but played last week and had 11 carries for 40 and caught 3 passes.

Here is more info- (why I can see him flashing if he gets an opportunity):

Cannon is small at 5'10/185 but posted explosive measurables at his Pro Day, running 4.40 with a 38.5-inch vertical and 10-foot-9 broad jump. Cannon appeared in 32 games at Virginia State, amassing a 554/4,035/7.28/44 rushing line.

Obviously this is a very deep league (16+) and/or dynasty type tout, but he will get 1st H run this week and I just like him!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Crowell never fights for anything that isn't given to him.  That's why Hue Jackson blew up on him after a 60 yard TD run last year.  Hue needs to be fired, but he was right on that call.

Crowell had one good season two years ago with a garbage offensive line, because.....draw plays vs. prevent defenses.  The Browns lost every game that year halfway through the second quarter.  

Crowell doesn't try, so he'll never get hurt.  He also doesn't try, which means the team should eventually give up on him.

Think I want Powell this year.  13th round gold.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, jmausen said:

Crowell never fights for anything that isn't given to him.  That's why Hue Jackson blew up on him after a 60 yard TD run last year.  Hue needs to be fired, but he was right on that call.

Crowell had one good season two years ago with a garbage offensive line, because.....draw plays vs. prevent defenses.  The Browns lost every game that year halfway through the second quarter.  

Crowell doesn't try, so he'll never get hurt.  He also doesn't try, which means the team should eventually give up on him.

Yeah ... Crowell got a concussion in the preseason taking on 3 defenders at the goalline for a TD - because he doesn’t “try”. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, jmausen said:

all of this, and more. 

Crow's a punk, hope his arse is run right the eff outta here ... let the kid Cannon understudy Charknado and Powell 'til Elijah returns. 

My leagues are too small for this guy to be on my radar but have a rep for the informative OP. Nothing worse than having to go do your own research to figure out who a guy even is because the OP is so useless

• 1 month later...

Powell has a neck injury and Crowell dealing with lingering lower body injures means this guy is at least somewhat relevant

He's listed 10th on Pat Mayo's early waiver wire pickup list for week 8

https://www.draftkings.com/playbook/nfl/2018-fantasy-football-rankings-2018-week-8-waiver-wire-pickup-rankings-nfl-week-7-injury-report-recap-add-drop

Haven't seen the game yet but looks like he had some nice yac on some passes

Jets rookie RB Trenton Cannon rushed two times for four yards and caught 4-of-5 targets for 69 yards in the Week 7 loss to the Vikings.
With Bilal Powell suffering a first-half neck injury, Cannon was elevated to Isaiah Crowell's change-of-pace. Cannon's 73 yards led the team while his 69 yards receiving were also a team-best. He did a bit of work on the final meaningless drive. But if Powell remains out, Cannon could play a bigger role next week in Chicago. He won't be a recommended fantasy play. Oct 21 - 5:22 PM

Huge on Jets players this year for dynasty. This is one of the guys I think will be a long-term player for the Jets. Powell might be donezo after this season and Cannon is perfect for that job... how long does Crowell keep his starting job as well? I also do not think McGuire is the answer there. I'm high on Cannon right now for sure. 

I also don't remember McGuire doing much of anything last year. And he doesn't seem like the PPR back. So, even if McGuire overtakes Crowell, I think Cannon's roles as the third down back would stay consistent.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Huge on Jets players this year for dynasty. This is one of the guys I think will be a long-term player for the Jets. Powell might be donezo after this season and Cannon is perfect for that job... how long does Crowell keep his starting job as well? I also do not think McGuire is the answer there. I'm high on Cannon right now for sure. 

Clipboards Charlie clipboards...

• Haha 2

I’m starting him in my Flex.   Crowell isn’t a bellcow and also is beat up a bit. I could see Cannon getting a ton of dump passes playing from behind. He’s in the best shape and he’s the freshest legs of all the remaining backs that are left although I haven’t heard who is coming up from the practice squad.

Edited by phatrat
CSB removed
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

No. 2 rated SPARQ score for RBs (behind Saquon) in draft...

Gotta get this guy the ball in space this week JETS!

Totally agree, don’t sleep on this guy. Opportunity knocks here and this is a time to shine although a tough match up against a tough run defense but keep and eye on him.