NBC Sports Edge Forums

Danny Green 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They should call him Stock Market, you'll never be able to sell him at his peak but if you ride it out you'll get a good steals+blocks return at the end of the year.

Danny Green is the type of top-75 player where some weeks he is ranked #20 and others #150ish, but it all averages out fine in the end. It's hard to see how you'd drop him in a 12-team league as long

I own both (drafted Hart), and I would rather have Hart than Green if I had to choose.

He should start in Toronto as the only other option at that position is Norm Powell.  However, Toronto has depth for days and will often run a 2 PG backcourt with a combination of Lowry, Wright and FVV. 

Id expect him to fall somewhere around 25mpg personally, possibly less.  I’d imagine very similar stats to what he’s done the past few seasons in SA but hopefully an uptick on his shooting %

• Like 1

He was hardly worth the trouble last season on a Spurs team missing Kawhi, and in need of him stepping up...and he was barely worth the trouble. I can't imagine him being any more useful with all of the mouths to feed in Toronto. He'd have to get his FG% in the mid 40s, 2 threes with a steal and a block to make him worth it imo. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2018 at 1:26 AM, Judicious said:

He was hardly worth the trouble last season on a Spurs team missing Kawhi, and in need of him stepping up...and he was barely worth the trouble. I can't imagine him being any more useful with all of the mouths to feed in Toronto. He'd have to get his FG% in the mid 40s, 2 threes with a steal and a block to make him worth it imo. 

That's 4th round value and you can currently get him in the last round...

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

My concern is Toronto is fairly deep.  Anybody a direct challenge to his minutes?

Not really.  He started the 2 and the only other peeps who play 2 on the team would be CJ Miles and Norman Powell, who are both worse versions of Danny Green.  Van Fleet/Lowry could technically play together and push him out, but that would be very small.  Miles/Powell got about 10 minutes each last night.  I think the real log jam for Toronto is the front court, with Kawhi, OG, Siakam, Serge, Greg Monroe, and Val.  The backcourt seems pretty safe.    

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

My concern is Toronto is fairly deep.  Anybody a direct challenge to his minutes?

Nope... The depth of Toronto really shows itself the most when the Bench Mob plays consistently as a unit... FVV, Delon (currently injured), Norm, OG, and whoever Nurse decides on the 5 work best because they're collectively better than most NBA benches... and the guys behind Green just aren't as good enough on both ends of the floor to unseat him. CJ Miles may be the closest one, but he's nowhere near the defender that Green is. Toronto loves its hard-nosed defender types, and if he keeps his D up, he'll continue to play and endear himself to hardcore and casual fans.

As an aside, he's also opened up quite a bit to the city already. Dude was the one that gave the opening address at the game, he's appeared as a guest on a sports segment in the summer and he's already been very friendly with the media. He also just started his podcast after the trade to Toronto. Apparently he's the type who wants to get into broadcasting after his career is done. I'm hoping he gets a Google Home commercial like DeMar, Pascal and Jakob did, or a GoDaddy one like JV, Norm and CJ have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I added him last night after the 32 min and 7 st3cks.  I don’t know that it matters that much but he was the one to address the crowd before the game.  Idk he seems interested and entrenched into the team.  Sign me up for a test run 

1 hour ago, Tyboogie said:

Would u drop melo for this guy? I love Danny but man melo is just a name for me 

I'd drop Melo for a half eaten bag of chips. At least the chips provide some kind of value 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, fabrar said:

I'd drop Melo for a half eaten bag of chips. At least the chips provide some kind of value 

Thanks, yeah I was thinking the same, his name was the only reason why I hesitated but Danny green looks really good and raptors seem to like playing him along with Lowry n Leonard, no more Pop BS rotation.

13 minutes ago, dboywong said:

Did OG's eye injury bump Green's minutes up? I know he plays a different position but others can easily shuffle around. 

I think Delon Wright absent to lead Danny Green play more mins

• Like 1