NBC Sports Edge Forums

Danny Green 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They should call him Stock Market, you'll never be able to sell him at his peak but if you ride it out you'll get a good steals+blocks return at the end of the year.

Danny Green is the type of top-75 player where some weeks he is ranked #20 and others #150ish, but it all averages out fine in the end. It's hard to see how you'd drop him in a 12-team league as long

I own both (drafted Hart), and I would rather have Hart than Green if I had to choose.

Toronto is in win-now mode, also they will play Green more to make Kawhi more comfortable. So I guess his minutes are safe.

Green are notorious for inconsistency. A few eggs make you query your life and suddenly a 3 stls 3 blks game. In fact, all 3 & D role players are all inconsistent in certain extent. When their 3s don't hit and their D doesn't convert into counting stats, you will get an egg.

Edited by littlesamtung
  • Like 2

I'm lol'ing at all the Danny Green skeptics in here (and count me as one of them). He had one helluva year in '14-15, where he produced early-round value in 9-cat. But since then there's just been lots of hope and lots of headaches.

Hard to believe he'll sustainably produce much better stats, even with a new team. But hey, maybe he feels more confident without Pop verbally abusing him, lol. Personally I'll take a spin on the Danny Green ride once again. Stocks and treys too tempting not to

Edited by hoop

Watched a part of tonight's game, Kawhi and Lowry consistently look for him on the drive and kick out. I see no reason where he cant avg over 2 threes and 2 stocks a game with sprinkles of other stats. Hes also finally healthy from last season.

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 2
36 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

So Delon Wright is back tonight...  do you guys think he's going to take the wind out of Danny Green's sails?

Tor starting small ball lineup has been playing too well doubt it unless it's a blowout which i see happening alot this season.

Edited by DezedandConfused
16 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Frantically trying to 2 for 1 myself into a roster spot for this cat

I think this is legit

Yesterday's game wasn't encouraging, but the minutes were there. I'm not sure if he is a surefire pickup right now, given how streaky he is. He's on my bench, but if a hot pickup appears on the wire, I'm most likely to drop him over anyone else on my roster. 

10 minutes ago, SnackilleOatmeal said:

Yesterday's game wasn't encouraging, but the minutes were there. I'm not sure if he is a surefire pickup right now, given how streaky he is. He's on my bench, but if a hot pickup appears on the wire, I'm most likely to drop him over anyone else on my roster. 

Curious, what wasn't encouraging?  We know he'll be streaky but he still had the same number of shots, played the same number of minutes, and blocked a shot with two threes.  Nothing to write home about but if that's his floor, I'll take it, because the games he goes off are beautiful.  

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, SnackilleOatmeal said:

Even in his top 30 season he was streaky as hell. Ride it out or drop

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Curious, what wasn't encouraging?  We know he'll be streaky but he still had the same number of shots, played the same number of minutes, and blocked a shot with two threes.  Nothing to write home about but if that's his floor, I'll take it, because the games he goes off are beautiful.  

Only 6 points, 2/8 shooting. I'll chalk it up to an off game. I agree with you on that last sentence. 

42 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

Idk why people are caring at all about his pt total.

Long as he hits a 3 and gets other stats ok. 

Danny's top 30 season (14/15) was with this statline in 28MPG

11.7 Pts 4.2 Rebs 2 Ast 1.2 Stl 1.1 Blk 1.1 TOs on 43.6% FG and 87.4% FT 

That seem very doable this year IMO

• Like 2