NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nic Batum 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my finger on the trigger deciding between Batum and Doncic -- was looking for a forward who could hit 3s, get assists and bolster FT%. You can guess who I went with. You can guess how much I wan

Seeing Dirk, Melo, and Wade in the FA makes me feel old lol   It will probably feel surreal when I see Lebron in the FA 15 years from now.

50-70 rank is probably a better estimate of where I see him ending. Might have been a bit optimistic in 40.   But 11 shots from Dwight is ignoring the FTs he soaks up and his high usage. Cha

Posted Images

Eye test tells me he never touched the ball. It just happened that he was being guarded by defensive 235st-team Andrew Wiggins and was open a lot, and he made his jump shots.

Stats tells me that he only shot 1 free throw.

He willl still average around 10 points, 5 rebounds, and 3.5 asssits with wild inconsistency. Useful stats if you just need a end of bench glue guy

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Nica4two said:

He was dropped in my league (understandably) and I swooped him up and dropped Isaac.  The season is young; who knows, he might have had a slow, albeit terrible, start, and can get semi-back to his Batumesque ways.

Hes been doing this all season. 1 decent game and 5 awful ones. 

1 hour ago, thornton1986 said:

What the f is wrong with this guy

A question for the philosophers. Maybe his s---y play is his way of saying “please trade me, I suck.” I just rage-dropped him and picked up his teammate Marv. One less headache

• Like 1
On 12/4/2018 at 6:55 AM, Tyboogie said:

My team never look so good after I dropped him. I’ll let someone else deal with the headaches. 7 weeks of fantasy was enough of a sample for me 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 week later, but I came to the same conclusion. I can do better streaming that slot, so I cut him in the one league I had him. Maybe at some point he'll start doing good and I'll second guess myself, but after 8 weeks I think is enough sample size for me to know what to expect ROS.

1 hour ago, monkeysennin said:

any chance he gets traded to another team that would better utilize him? i don't understand why the coach is not using him

I doubt he will be traded. Contract is too big so Hornets will need to give up draft assets just to move him. The only team right now that is desperate enough to trade for him might be the Rockets. 

Rockets can give the Hornets expiring contracts to take on Batum. The question is whether Morey can get permission from the owner (who is being cheap and the primary reason why they let Ariza and Mba Moute go). In real life he can be a good fit on the Rockets, but in fantasy it's not going to help.  

As for why the coach isn't use him, the reason is pretty obvious. Why would you let Batum handle the ball and run P&R when the goal is to just give the ball to Kemba anyways? You might as well start the play with Kemba so you use the shot clock more efficiently and give Kemba more options 

image.png

• Like 1
18 hours ago, bballshinobi said:

I doubt he will be traded. Contract is too big so Hornets will need to give up draft assets just to move him. The only team right now that is desperate enough to trade for him might be the Rockets. 

Rockets can give the Hornets expiring contracts to take on Batum. The question is whether Morey can get permission from the owner (who is being cheap and the primary reason why they let Ariza and Mba Moute go). In real life he can be a good fit on the Rockets, but in fantasy it's not going to help.  

As for why the coach isn't use him, the reason is pretty obvious. Why would you let Batum handle the ball and run P&R when the goal is to just give the ball to Kemba anyways? You might as well start the play with Kemba so you use the shot clock more efficiently and give Kemba more options 

image.png

lol Houston would be idiots to take that on, no oneeeeeeeeeee is gonna touch that contract unless Kemba or young players/picks are attached.

The only real path to value (aside from injury, which I don't wish on anyone) is the Hornets fall way off before the deadline and pull the trigger on moving Kemba for futures/young piece/expiring contracts, but with how bad the east is, they'd really have to drop off to be out of playoff contention by the deadline.