NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

phatrat

2 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Smh.  What an awful take.  The crap people post here...

Tell me i'm wrong.

A few hours ago everyone was giddy about having to face Brock and the plethora of fantasy points that would be scored.

Look what happened.

Blame the heat, blame Nagy, blame Howard for fumbling but there is no excuse Brock didn't get sacked or even really hit all game and scrubs like Albert Wilson were running wild and a dinosaur at RB had 100 yards rushing.

4 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Tell me i'm wrong.

A few hours ago everyone was giddy about having to face Brock and the plethora of fantasy points that would be scored.

Look what happened.

Blame the heat, blame Nagy, blame Howard for fumbling but there is no excuse Brock didn't get sacked or even really hit all game and scrubs like Albert Wilson were running wild and a dinosaur at RB had 100 yards rushing.

You’re wrong.  This is the nfl.  s--- happens.  The fact that you called osweilet elite is enough to discredit anything else you had to say.

the bears defense has been elite and will continue to be so after this fluky game.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

You’re wrong.  This is the nfl.  s--- happens.  The fact that you called osweilet elite is enough to discredit anything else you had to say.

the bears defense has been elite and will continue to be so after this fluky game.

We'll see how well this "elite" defense fares when Brady and Gordon drop another 40 points on them.

What will the excuse be next week. The weather again? Can't touch Brady or you'll get a flag? Scrub bears corners can't stop Albert Wilson what chance will they have against Gordon?

23 minutes ago, lindown said:

Lol I benched Baltimore for Chicago . A difference of 85.9 points in standard league. Lol at me bad at picking 

Well the biggest problem is the league you are playing in.  Defense should never account for that many points.  Let the skill players decide it.  

I’ve got one for deep streamers or people wanting to take a calculated risk. 

Bucs vs Cle 

Tamba Bay just fired their DC. I don’t even know who the new one is and what kind of talent TB has or doesn’t have on defense but I’m willing to bet thes defense will respond to a new face/voice and come out fired up if not at least for the first week or two. Plus they get Cle at home and Baker is banged up.

• Like 2

Read Mack rolled his ankle this game, may have been the reason for their poor outing.

The Bears will continue to monitor the right ankle that Khalil Mack hurt in the first half Sunday. The outside linebacker missed 16 snaps against the Dolphins during the course of the game. He played much of the rest of it with a taped-up ankle.

Edited by DezedandConfused

23 hours ago, pdog109 said:

We'll see how well this "elite" defense fares when Brady and Gordon drop another 40 points on them.

What will the excuse be next week. The weather again? Can't touch Brady or you'll get a flag? Scrub bears corners can't stop Albert Wilson what chance will they have against Gordon?

I'm looking forward to finally seeing the Brady v. Rodgers matchup on the horizon...to see which team gets away with the most holding.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 7:38 PM, Kyle87 said:

Elite... Brock?  You can't be serious right?

I know right? Dude isn't even an elite backup QB. 1 good game doesn't make you elite especially when it consisted of your WRs doing most of the damage after the catch and we have a full season of him being a full-time starter that convincingly suggests he isn't even starter-level. 

Osweiler didn't look bad in his first 5 starts (not a tall task with that 2015 Broncos D and not being asked to do much) and was able to get that massive deal from Houston to be their starter. It was very clear he was not starter material over the course of that season, so much so that Texans swapped a 2nd and 6th rounder for a 4th so they could dump his salary. Then THE BROWNS decided it was better to pay Osweiler to not be on the roster than to pay him to be on the roster after he couldn't even win the starting job over a rookie DeShone Kizer. 

The Bears D looked very bad this past week and I'm not sure any excuses can be made when a Brock Osweiler and Frank Gore led offense drops 31 on you. That being said I don't think 1 bad week especially a relatively flukey one means this defense is trash. I'd have a hard time starting them against Pats but the 2 weeks after that look pretty juicy and if anybody in my league drops them out of frustration I have no problem sacrificing a roster spot to pick them up. 

3 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

I’ve got one for deep streamers or people wanting to take a calculated risk. 

Bucs vs Cle 

Tamba Bay just fired their DC. I don’t even know who the new one is and what kind of talent TB has or doesn’t have on defense but I’m willing to bet thes defense will respond to a new face/voice and come out fired up if not at least for the first week or two. Plus they get Cle at home and Baker is banged up.

very risky they given up so much points thru the air

This Defense is utter trash and deserves to have it's thread deleted...I have to pickup Albert freaking Wilson because he looked like a WR1 against them

• tonycpsu changed the title to Chicago Bears Defense 2018
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic